Lost Boy pt. 1
81 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a foggy day around 10 AM. Three trucks were driving on the empty road in the mountains. There were a lot of trees around the road. Drivers didn’t care about the speed limit. They were going twenty kilometers per hour above it. The most careless driver was the one in the first truck. He was eating donuts and listening to music at almost total volume. The radio began to beep. The driver turned the music down in panic and swallowed his donut as fast as he could. 

 

- What’s the transport progress? Over. - Said the man over the radio.

 

- Truck EV-01. There were no issues on the way. It looks like we’ll get to the point half hour before the schedule. Over. - Said the driver.

 

- What’s the state of the cargo?

 

- Truck EV-01. Stable. Over.

 

- Truck EV-02. Stable. Over. 

 

- Truck EV-03. It was a bit of charts twenty-five minutes ago. Currently, it’s stable. Over. 

 

- Keep up the pace. The faster we deliver the cargo the quicker we’ll achieve our goal. Out.

 

Hearing that the conversation is over the driver reached for another donut. He decided to get picky and save his favorite one for the last. While he wasn’t looking, something walked to the middle of the road. He didn’t notice what it was but he reacted and tried to avoid it. Unfortunately, he lost control of the car and fell off the side of the mountain. Two trucks behind him managed to pull over the maneuver. The falling truck stopped once it hit the tree. The driver died on the spot because the front of the truck was completely wracked. The back didn’t look damaged on the outside. The backdoors opened on the impact, revealing what was inside. There was a plastic curtain covering what was behind it. Deeper in the truck there was a metal box with a glass on top of it. It was connected by the cables to the generator. The glass was broken and the cold air was leaving the box through the cracks. 

 

Inside the box was a young boy with long white hair. He was very skinny and looked to be fourteen years old. He has light green clothes and no bots. He opened his golden eyes and looked around. He was confused. He didn’t know where he is and why is he in the box. He tried to move the glass away but he couldn’t move it. After the confusion came panic. He began to punch the glass. Thanks to part of it being already broken he shattered it. He breathed heavily and slowly calmed down. 

 

The boy first observed his arms and moved to his chest and then legs. He clenched his fist and moved his feet around. He tried to grab the edge of the box and leave it but he didn’t have much strength. After a few attempts, he simply fell off. He tried to leave the truck. Before he did he gave the cargo a last glance. On the box that he was lying in, there was a sign with “Osir” on it. 

 

The boy not knowing where he is he head only one way to go. Onward. The forest was very lively. The boy could hear birds very often and see them on the ground looking for bugs to eat. The boy seemed to be curious about the birds. Whenever he approached them the birds flew away. After a few attempts boy notices that he only scares them away. The constant sound caught his attention and went toward it. He found a brook of fresh water. He didn’t know if he can drink it but the thirst in his mouth was getting stronger the longer he looked at the brook. One sip of water was enough to moisturize his dry mouth. He drank so much that he felt full. After quenching his thirst wandered away further down the mountain. 

 

He found himself on a concrete road. He looked both ways not knowing exactly where to go now. He stood there confused. He heard a car horn. It was an annoying sound for him so he covered his ears and kneeled. The sound didn’t stop. It was even closer than before. When it stopped for a few seconds the boy opened his eyes and looked around. He saw a red car right him, one meter away. An old man with grey hair approached him.

- Are you alright? - Said the old man as he tried to kneel by the boy. - Are you lost? You shouldn’t walk in the middle of the road. Want to take a ride to the nearest village? - Asked the man as he put his hand toward the boy. 

 

The boy took the man’s hand and got into his car. Before the old man started the car he turned on the radio and put a CD into it. The music began to play but the boy couldn’t understand what the singer is singing. He didn’t know that language.

 

- What might be your name? My name is Pavel. - Asked the old man. 

 

- I’m… Osir. - Whispered the boy. 

 

- What brings you here? 

 

- I don’t know…”

 

- So you’re lost… - Said the man and stopped when he clearly heard over the music, growling of Osir’s stomach. - If you’re hungry I can cook you something at my house.

 

- Thank you very much, mister.

 

- Don’t mention it. I’ll always help a person in need. 

 

After a while, a town was visible behind the trees. There was a sign with the name of the town. Lenora. It was a small town with one main road. The old man waved to almost everyone that walked on the path. He knows most people in the town by the looks of it. His house was on the hell with a small garden. It was near the railway station.

 

- Why don’t you take a bath while I prepare something? You can use my cosmetics and towels.

 

While the old man was preparing soup, Osir was taking a bath. He turned on the tap. When he checked the water he got chills all over his body since it was cold. When he checked again it became warm. When he was checking the cosmetic on the shelf near the bath some of them were in English while a few others had written something that Osir didn’t understand at all. While he was taking his time, enjoying the bath, he finished it as soon as he couldn’t resist the smell of food. The old man prepared the table for both of them with a pot in the middle of the table. The boy looked into the pot and all he could tell was that it was a soup with sausage and potatoes. 

 

- I hope you like sour soup. It’s one of my favorite dishes. And one of few that I know how to make. 

 

Pavel served Osir’s portion as the boy tried to not drool his mouth. Before the old man could even begin eating the boy already ate half of his portion.

 

- Seems it’s not only my favorite. Unless you were so hungry that you would eat anything.

0