Improvements pt. 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning came and with that came unexpected knocking to Osir’s doors. Once he opened the door Nolan and Julia were standing in front of him with towels on their shoulders. 

 

-Do you want to go to the gym with us?- Asked Nolan.

 

-You’re going to the gym?- Suddenly Sara appeared before Osir and asked them.

 

-Yes… What are you doing in Osir’s room if you don’t mind me asking…- Added surprised Julia. 

 

-I was sleeping.- She said as she walked past them toward the gym. Both Nolan and Julia gave Osir a look.

 

-What?- He asked.

 

-Nothing…- Said Nolan. 

 

They all left for the gym but Nolan and Julia walked a few steps ahead of Osir. Whispering something to each other and looking at Osir from time to time. Once they entered the gym the only person in it was Sara who trained on the treadmill. Nolan took a peek at the speed she was running. It said she was running thirty-six kilometers per hour. 

 

Nolan felt challenged in a way and also began running on the treadmill. As he began to run he had a speed of seventeen at first. Once he began using his ability he reached a speed of thirty-seven. 

 

-Keep it up, kid. One day you might reach my speed.- She said as her speed rose to fifty.- I’m guessing your ability enhances your muscles. If you reach a higher rank like mine you might have higher speed than me.

 

-What rank do… Do I need to reach?- Asked Nolan breathing heavily as he ran. 

 

-Currently rank A… But my scores are near the S rank!- As she shouted that, her speed reached sixty kilometers per hour. 

 

Julia was warming up before training. She noticed Osir just standing there and doing nothing. She stopped for a moment and decided to approach him and help with warmup.

 

-You’re not stretching or warming up before training?

 

-I’m already warmed up. 

 

-But you didn’t even move.

 

Osir lifted up his sleeve and reached his hand toward Julia. He moved it to let her know to grab his hand. As she grabbed it she felt that his body was already warm.

 

-I don’t have to warm up because of my abilities. I can train and fight and any time.

 

-Wow… Good to know.- She said as she moved away to continue her warm up. 

 

As Sara said after breakfast all the students went into the lab to be tested. The researchers tested their physical abilities and brain activity. Most of the researchers were amazed by Osir’s scores. His physical abilities were a bit above average but his brain activity was three times higher than the average. While they were testing Osir’s brain activity while he was using his ability the researchers were behind a glass wall. 

 

-Was there an error in the analysis? This can’t be a brain activity of B-rank Esper. Especially at his age. I know that a twenty-two-year-old can achieve only half of that.- Said the man as he read the analysis. 

 

-You missed one important data…- Said the lead researcher as he pointed a paragraph at the rapport. 

 

-Oh… So he is the special one that the School Director recruited. He found a second Tobias. Do we have any data left of Tobias?

 

-Why?

 

-I’d like to compare them. 

 

-There should be some DATA in the system. Remember that it is like two years old.

 

-Yeah. Yeah.- Said the researcher as he opened the computer and searched the data.- Here. Hmmm… Tobias is far superior in strength while Osir has better results in brain activity. 

 

-Let me ask you a rhetorical question. 

 

-Ask away. 

 

-Who would win in a fight? Tobias from two years ago? Or current Osir?

 

-Hmm… I think… That would be Tobias?

 

-Correct. But in two years it might be different. Tobias had a great start but Osir will have rapid growth judging by the DATA. 

 

-There are many other variables. Like the basic function of Tobias' power. Is there a way to beat gravity? Oh. He finished the testing.- The researcher reached his hand toward a button that activated the microphone in the room.- You can come out. You have around an hour of free time until we analyze your data and give you training instructions.

0