Ch 51: The ‘Experienced’ Big Sister
88 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two sat opposite each other.

Lan Yue brushed by and brought tea and a plate of fruit mixed with lychees, apples, oranges and his favorite cinnamon jue grapes unique to this world, they had a strange three phase taste that changed three times in your mouth and after swallowing like tasting three different types of cinnamon.

Leng Mingyuan picked up the teacup and listened to Xun Xie tell his story.

When he was finished, Leng Mingyuan took two sips of tea, put down the teacup, looked up at Xun Xie, who was slightly taller than her, and asked with great interest, "Are you able to see abnormalities in both eyes?"

Xun Xie nodded: "Yes, I can see it with both my left and right eye."

Leng Mingyuan raised her petite hand and pointed to her right eye, "My right eye can see more clearly, while my left eye is blurry. Also, if I encounter an abnormality at night, I can see better than during the day. "

Xun Xie was slightly surprised.

Unexpectedly, just seeing the abnormality will vary from person to person, and the difference is so big. He had only recently been able to see and only saw those few anomalies, so he was uncertain if he had his own set of peculiarities and just hadn’t discovered them.

He was silent for a while, and asked, "When was the first time you saw an abnormality?"

Leng Mingyuan’s head was slightly upturned as she recalled:

"It was around the time when I was about to break through to the fifth level of blood strength.

At that time, there was a demon in a town. A few friends and I went to suppress it.

We soon found traces of the demon and took action; it was a lot of effort to kill it, but it was eventually annihilated.

After that, everyone was in a good mood after doing good deeds and saving the town, and proving our strength as martial practitioners thus we behaved like vibrant teenage youths despite most of us being in our mid to late twenties.

At the suggestion of a companion, we went to a very famous local wine shop to drink a wine to celebrate.

The wine in that pub is mediocre and tasteless. The reason why it is particularly famous is that there is a magical wall in the pub. "

Xun Xie raised his eyebrows: "What exactly makes this wall so magical?"

Leng Mingyuan: "There are a lot of scholars in that town, who love writing poetry and songs, dancing and playing with ink, they often go to the restaurant to commune, exchange glasses, and write poems on the spot. At the end, they come together and select the best poem and write it on the walls of the wine shop for others to admire.

It can be said that for those scholars living in the town, it is a great honor to be able to write their own poems on the wall, and many people have carefully practiced and prepared for this great honor.

But then, something strange happened, and the words written on the wall always disappeared for no reason. Write it down today, and the next day, the walls will turn white with no trace of being touched.

In order to find out the truth, someone stayed in front of the wall all night, trying to see how the words disappeared. It turned out that every late night, the words on the wall would disappear one after another inexplicably. Like they were erased one after the other."

Xun Xie was stunned and said: "Disappeared out of thin air? There are many strange skills within the rivers and lakes (popular term for martial arts world). Are you sure that someone did not do something to the wall?"

Leng Mingyuan: "It was the first time I had heard about this strange occurrence, and like your initial reaction, I also suspected that someone had used some kind of secret trick causing scholars to believe this was the will of the great hymn of poetry or whatever and only worthy poems would remain on the wall, so they all vowed to write a poem worthy of staying on the wall forming a wonderful superstition,

the wine pub, didn’t know its name before, eventually was renamed to Wall of Words and Judgement although it goes by a few other names, ha, whatever the nickname, wine was completely removed from it, understandable as the wine is worthless. Anyway, we ended up going to that pub to see this magical wall."

Speaking of this, Zeng Mingyuan's exquisite face was slightly condensed, "I will never forget that moment, when I walked into that pub and saw that wall as soon as I came in."

Xun Xie quickly became attentive.

After a short pause Leng Mingyuan continued: "I saw a huge human face on the wall. That face was as big as an eight immortals table. It was like an enlarged human face with demonic features big red eyes, pointed yellow leaf like ears, a nose with three nostrils, a thick rectangular purple tongue, and skin and pores of a boiling red hue with the hairs on its face clearly visible."

"Huge human like face..."

Xun Xie was puzzled, "Is it embedded in the wall? Drawn on it?"

"No, that giant face is integrated into the wall, alive inside." Leng Mingyuan said, "I was greatly shocked at the time and asked everyone what was going on with this weird giant face with flowing purple hair, but I didn't expect that except for me, everyone else saw only an empty wall. Clear as day and unchanging, no one could see that evil face at all which made me feel even more unsettled as the face seemed to look back at me."

Xun Xie felt a bit of kinship. People who can't see anomalies can only imagine what anomalies look like, staring of thin air unable to see the weird image not capable understanding just how bizarre they are.

Leng Mingyuan continued: "I thought there was something wrong with my eyes at first, but fortunately, one of my companions knew about the existence of anomalies, which solved my confusion. But the other companions’ interests were aroused, and they didn't believe in this evil and wrote on the wall. Writing a bunch of nonsense verses indiscriminately. I saw the giant face slowly turn his head and open his mouth baring his yellow fangs and his giant eyes stared at my companion with a furious guise like an angry buddha."

Xun Xie was fascinated by what he heard and couldn't help but drawing closer to hear how the story ends.

Leng Mingyuan sighed: "Seeing this I had a bad feeling, so I told my companion what I saw, but that person didn't care, and instead thought I was confused and didn’t see any anomalies at all, and the wine was speaking through me.

I didn’t argue and we finished our drinks while I kept away from the wall and the near the door.

After the incident, we left the town, but on the way back, that companion's mount was suddenly frightened and threw him to the ground, stomping its hoof and hitting his head. "

Xun Xie was shocked: "Dead?"

Can these things kill from a distance? Death note? Also at the as blood strength martial artists their reaction speed was simply inhuman okay? How could an accident like that best him?

Leng Mingyuan nodded: "That mount has the blood of an alien beast, with a single hoof weighing a thousand pounds when stomping. He had drunk too much, and he only has developed to the Fifth level of Blood Strength, so the drunkenness did not disappear that quickly, his reaction speed was impeded, the beast is also known for its speed, and he was hit perfectly on the skull, his head burst open, and he died."

Xun Xie, "Do you suspect that the death of that man was related to angering the being in the wall?"

Leng Mingyuan shrugged: "Who knows? I didn’t dare to provoke that giant face myself. After more than ten years in the rivers and lakes, I have gained a lot of experience in dealing with anomalies and wanted to meet that giant face again. Who would have thought that the wine shop was destroyed by a fire some time after, and the wall collapsed and was also destroyed, so there is no chance."

When Xun Xie heard the story based on real events, he deeply remembered this experience in his heart: the giant face that stared at someone with a delayed kill effect or long-distance trick kill.

"Come, follow me."

Leng Mingyuan suddenly stood up.

Xun Xie looked at her: "Where are we going?"

Leng Mingyuan waved and said, "On my way here, I happened to encounter an anomaly. I'll take you to open your eyes."

Xun Xie's heart skipped a beat: "Sister, it's not that I'm timid but anomalies aren’t something you provoke casually, right?"

"That’s right."

Leng Mingyuan nodded, "However, there are exceptions to everything, not all anomalies are harmful, in a lot of cases…let's put it this way, an anomaly is harmful to someone, but it will no longer be harmful to you and me. For example, when you met that little girl, and the long-tongued monster with the old lady. You’re still here aren’t you, there was not even a fight or any special event. It also helps in the type of anomaly we’ll be visiting which has a relatively tame nature.”

Xun Xie didn’t fully agree with this statement, he was half traumatized okay.

But since Leng Mingyuan has already said so, with her guidance, there should be no accident. She had lived so long and didn’t have a scar on her body so surely this would pass without any event, right?

Thinking of this, Xun Xie also got up and followed Leng Mingyuan.

“There are also anomalies that are not beings per say, likened to individuals, but instead are phenomena like rain. The one we are about to see is like this. Like the face in the wall, it seems confined to an area or in this case a person.”

Xun Xie’s interest was aroused but instead of asking he simply kept quiet, he was on his way to see it anyways.

The two came all the way to the fish market.

The name was accurate and there was nothing more, this is where fish is sold, and the air is filled with fishy smell. Irritating the tongues and nostrils, a few special fish were even like onions and caused the eyes to become watery.

To Xun Xie’s knowledge there was no sea nearby and most are freshwater fish, though he vaguely knew of a few salt border rings where supposedly the fresh water became salt water, he wasn’t too sure of the specifics of this phenomenon.

Anyways, the result was there was saltwater fish available here.

As usual there are small fish the size of bugs, fingers, palms and so on. And large fish longer than humans are tall.

Most were gray, yellow, red, blue, white or orange.

There were a few strange fish he had not seen before and bore no resemblance to any earthly fish he knew of back on earth but now was not the time to query.

Leng Mingyuan raised her finger and pointed to the distance, and whispered, "Look at that person carefully..."

Xun Xie followed her fair fingers, and his pupils could not help shrinking.

In front of a stall.

There was a thin middle-aged man, skinny, with a sallow complexion and a severe hunchback. While killing fish, he coughed violently, as if he was seriously ill and was dying.

The issue is…

On this man's hunchback, long and thick antlers actually grew, with many forks and twists, like branches intertwined, more like corals on the bottom of the seafloor.

Xun Xie blinked and looked carefully once more. There was no mistake. The fish-killer did have antlers growing on his back, spreading out toward the sky.

Leng Mingyuan's eyes flickered: "What did you see?"

Xun Xie described it.

"Antlers?"

Leng Mingyuan was thoughtful and lowered her voice: "The picture I saw was not antlers, but snakes tangled together. They were colorful and squirming randomly like an enlarged cup of fish bait."

Xun Xie took a breath, what a huge difference!

Leng Mingyuan: "Come, let's get closer and take a closer look."

Xun Xie walked forward with her.

As he kept getting closer to the man, Xun Xie saw more details. The color of the antlers changed in the sun, like a rippling rainbow. Also, among the branches of the antlers, there were red blood sacs the size of eggplants hanging down.

2