Chapter 9 – Determination
106 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Newt’s mind was overloaded with information, after Cynthia had explained the process required and her reasoning, he had been debating whether to go through with the body and soul linking.

In the grand scheme of things, there is no guarantee that I will keep my memories again after death. Death will just be as it always has then, I die, that’s it. Overall it’s not a bad deal, if anything, it’s incredibly advantages for me.

Newt concludes, calling out to Cynthia who was still reading into the stolen information.

“Yeah kid?”

“Having thought about everything you said, I agree with your reasoning. I would like to truly become your successor.”

Newt calmly explains, asking his Master to pass on her Magnum Opus, the ‘Creators Omniscient Domain’.

Cynthia turning away from Newt. Eyes glistening as her cheeks flush red with happiness, overjoyed that her disciple was following her advice, unlike many others…

Turning back around with a neutral face, she nods and begins her teaching.

“Then let's begin.

As I have explained before, the ‘Creator’s Omniscient Domain’ or well, the ‘Mage’s Simulacrum Domain’ is the process and key to use of Magic inside the Mind Space, Fake Magic that is.

The process involves linking your heart and brain via your blood vessels, to strengthen your mind.

That isn’t the key point even if incredibly important on its own, nevertheless the main reason to do so with this process is because most Mage think of their ‘Mind Space’ as well, linked to their Mind, understandable and not entirely incorrect.

The Pseudo in this process is usually also created within the mind because of this.

This is why to create a fake Mana within Mind Space, you must connect the Heart, the storage location and what redistributes Mana throughout the body to the mind.

Nonetheless when they tried to improve ‘Mage’s Simulacrum Domain’ a step further, they kept running into dead ends.

This was because they were kept from using the most important aspect.

The soul.

The Soul and its purpose has been largely an anomaly within Mage and the Ki Warrior world.

The brain store memories and to manipulate Energy we ‘Will’ them to do so, which should fall under the brain’s capabilities.

So then, what does the soul do?

This was a question most Mage never approached because of the Laws against anything involving the Soul.

Until I came into the picture.

After extensive research and experimentation i came to a conclusion, that there is a connection between the Mind and the Soul, a very small and fragile link.

Which brought many questions, Is the mind or the soul controlling the body? It was theorised before the Laws were put in place that the Soul was the culmination of a sentient intelligent being.

Not to mention that the Gods directly confirmed as such to their worshipers a couple hundred years ago and that if they worship them and be faithful, when they reincarnate they will have a better life.

This brought me to one thought, what if both the soul and the mind controlled the body? And that the Soul focused more on the metaphysical, controlling energy and such, and the Mind focused on the Physical, and the consciousness of a being was a combination of the two?

And if that’s the truth, what if the reason that Mages couldn’t improve the ‘Mage Simulacrum Domain’ no matter what should theoretically work, is because the link between the soul and the mind was too fragile and couldn’t handle the influx of Mana and another energy from the soul. Which for the meantime until I research further into it, I will call either Willpower or Soul Energy.”

Cynthia passionately explains with a big grin.

“With this thought process, I tried to create a more stable connection, so I tried to reinforce the connection just like when we infuse mana into our bodies. Didn’t work, the intangible energy, Mana, couldn’t touch the connection, but it could be contained within, curious.

Which brought me to my next question how do I reinforce a connection made up of this white transparent energy, which I believe to be Willpower, that Mana can’t touch.”

Cynthia said aloud and questions Newt.

“Any ideas? I’ll give you a clue, the name.”

Willpower! Newt thinks coming to an epiphany.

“You tried to...uh...will the connection to become stronger?”

“Half correct! I did use Willpower to strengthen the connection, however it’s not as simple as merely ‘Willing’ it to be.”

It never is… Newt grumbles.

"Lucky for you, you don't need to learn how to manipulate it, I will strengthen the connection. I just need you to let me in and not resist."

"...That's it?" Newt asks, praying for it to be the case.

"Yep, we just need to achieve the 'Mage's Simulacrum Domain', then I will strengthen the connection between your soul and body, and finally i will tear a small portion of your soul and implant it into your Mind."

Cynthia dusted off her hands.

"So to clarify, infuse the blood vessels connecting the brain and heart, create the Mind Space and Pseudo World, then you strengthen the connection between my soul and body, tear off a small part of my soul, and place it in my body, specifically my Brain, which will further strengthen the link between my Soul, Body, and most importantly my Mind?"

"Indeed."

"Fantastic! When do we start?"

"Now."

------

Escape Time Limit ETA 1 Week 1 Day (2 days later)

"Close your eyes. Feel the Mana flow through your blood to your head. Focus towards the centre of your Mind.

Imagine all you have experienced in the world. The nature. The infrastructure. The people. And flow your Mana into your mind, shape it into the world as you see it."

His Heart pumping blood and Mana through his blood vessels, leading into his Brain, his mind.

Mana flaring to life as it enters the blueprints from his mind.

The world as he knows it blasts into creation within a corner of his mind.

"Dih...Did it!" Newt exasperatedly spat out with acknowledgement from Cynthia.

"Good job kid, nearly done. I'll strengthen your link while you rest, remember, don't resist."

Newt felt Cynthia reach out and put her hands on his chest, feeling some strange fluid like sensation where she had touched, before suddenly an overwhelming amount of wrongness overcomes his very being.

Akin to your arm being dislocated, bent the wrong way however not feeling any pain. Just an intense wrongness.

"Relax kid! Just a bit longer!" Cynthia yells, her voice piercing through the fog his mind was experiencing.

Trying to make his body as relaxed as possible and mind as blank as he could, Newt patiently waited for his Master to finish.

Strangely he could actively notice the difference over time, as a brush of wind against his arms and hand, sending goosebumps across his body as his body becomes seemingly hyper sensitive.

"Finished. Notice the difference huh?" Cynthia smugly notes as Newt shivers from a breeze, he could feel the texture underneath him through his clothes to a fine detail, the pain from the pinch on his cheeks from his Master.

"Kid. Kid!" Cynthia calls out, trying to get his attention after noticing his daze.

"Ah yes?" Newt replies, rubbing his sore cheek.

"I'm finished, only one more thing to do. Though I advise you to wait until tomorrow to finish the process, to let you adjust."

"Can we do it today? I want this over and done with to be honest."

"Even though you would be able to handle the pain easier with the wait?"

"Yeah might as well just get it done. The sooner the better, right?"

Cynthia nods in understanding, with a hint of worry on her face.

"Understood, i'll begin the process right away." Cynthia pushes Newt down so he can lie flat and begins feeling for the link.

Newt already beginning to feel the process starting, tries to relax as his instincts scream for him to move, to run as fast as he could.

Feeling the slight touch on connection and the wrongness spread across his body engulfing it once again.

*****

(POV: Cynthia)

Concentrating on the intangible link tethering Newt to his body, she climbs up the link, inch by inch, slowly into the other plane of existence that souls exist on, above the material plane.

Slowly reaching her goal, Newt's Soul.

Is that the kid's Soul?! Why is it so large? This doesn't make sense, souls are meant to grow and strengthen as more experience is accumulated, but his soul is comparable to mine? A 32 year old? Cynthia shakes off her confusion, dismissing it as not important, continuing forward, reaching out and cutting through the soul as if held together by string.

Noticing the soul shake as it tried desperately to stay still as she cuts the chunk of soul, leaving a small thread connecting the full soul and the fragment, before sliding down the Body-Soul link back to Newt's body, placing the fragment within Newt's brain.

Grabbing 1 small string of soul from the Core, the base of the body connected to his Soul and connecting it with the newly placed fragment within his mind.

Finished.

*****

(POV: Newt)

"ACK! Huff Huff AHHH!!!!" Newt screams as he feels a core part of his being getting cut apart and pieces of his soul getting sown together forcefully creating a link between the fragment of his soul, the link between his soul and body, and the soul.

Blood starts to leak through his ears as his eardrums pop, his teeth begin to crack from the intensity of his teeth being clenched so hard.

His eyes start to slowly expand, on the verge of exploding before a saving grace reaches down and relieves the pressure placed on eyes, healing his cracked teeth, popped eardrums and begins to gently comfort Newt.

Cynthia had finished.

That knowledge spread a calming relief, sending him down into his unconsciousness.

"Sorry kid, it appears your body couldn't handle the pressure on its own. Almost lost you there."

Cynthia deeply breathes, internally chastising herself as her eyes begin to water, however her words fell on deaf ears as the recipient was unconscious.

"Sleep well kid."

Cynthia rubs her eyes, grabs the records out of her Dimensional Pouch and puts Newt's head on her lap, patting his head while she reads.

How often should i upload chapters?
  • As soon as you complete and edit them. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a week (Tuesday + Thursday) (consistent and less sporadic + Less burnout) Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Other (Comments) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
0