Chapter 13 – Found Family?
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…Heum… Huh?”

Newt drowsily wakes up, feeling the soft bed which had the quality of those you would find on Earth, he fondly remembered sleeping on them, those memories of a softer world.

No matter how vague and foggy those memories were, he would embrace them, even if for only a short time.

Snuggling deeper into the soft sheets, delving into memories of the past.

Barely falling back into unconsciousness, as someone enters the room.

———

POV: Jeniffer

The burning buildings spreading across a women’s view as she runs desperately, not even reacting as smoke enters her lungs.

Infusing her Lungs, Heart, Blood and Eyes with Ki she scans the city building by building.

Interrupting her though, was a thrown spear covered in a golden energy.

Khoff!

Coughing up blood as the spear pierces her body, she tears the spear out and wills her Ki to heal her injuries.

Turning her head towards the attacker her face pales at the attacker. Hero…

Dreading her inevitable fate she laments not able to find her family, however far behind the Hero, a barely standing building’s wall collapses, revealing a Father and his three children, two boys and one girl.

Her family

Panicking the moment her and her husband’s eyes meet she quickly glances away, this movement not unnoticed as the Hero glances behind himself and notices the family.

“Acquaintances? Unfortunate. You demon! Corrupting innocent families!” The Hero shouts, his spear flying across the air, returning to his hand, leaving it shortly after as he launches the spear towards the family.

“NO!!!” She screams desperately, hopelessly rushing forward to save them, knowing deep down she would never make it.

Her husband’s eyes glow with a blue light, as a Spell springs to life, creating a thick multilayered barrier.

Halting the spear momentarily, the Drana enhancing and forcing the spear to accelerate causing the spear to continue trying to pierce through the shield like a drill.

Slowly, cracks begin to spread as the barrier begins to fail,

However just before it shatters!

Clank

———

Clank

Hearing noises from a nearby room she shoots up from her bed, noticing her husband was not in bed quelled her anxiety, though it remained in a small pit in her stomach.

Reaching down, she pulls off a loose floorboard, revealing a long rectangular box.

Inside a bastard sword.

Taking it out she slowly turns the squeaky handle of her room and moves out into the living room area.

The noise being made coming from the room opposite the main bedroom.

Glancing around the house and through the windows, noticing nothing unusual dampened the anxiety again.

Slowly making her way across the living room she reaches the closet room.

Pushing the door slightly without turning the handle caused a minor knock on the wood.

Knocking it in a specific pattern she continues for roughly 2 minutes, before a different pattern returns through the door.

Deciphering the message she lets out a deep sigh of relief as the door opens to reveal a half naked man, her husband Jared.

Collapsing on the floor, dropping her bastard sword she wraps Jared in a deep hug.

“It’s alright Jen.” He kisses her on the cheek and rubs her back a little, Jeniffer sniffling and wiping the small tears escaping her eyes.

———

Later, once Jared had left and went fishing, Jennifer got up and began harvesting some of the ripen and grown vegetables from the garden, she heads back inside, washing off the ingredients with faucet connected to a large water storage container.

She starts cooking up some leftover fish and the vegetables for a late breakfast.

Shouldn’t Tanya be awake by now? Cynthia wonders but shakes off her slight confusion.

———

“We’re back!” A young child voice calls out.

“Tanya? When did you leave?”

“Dad was going out for fishing, of course I came along!” She says with a puff of her chest.

“Fishing? Why are you back so early? Usually takes a couple hours, doesn’t it?”

A masculine figure enters Jeniffer’s vision, carrying a small teenage child.

“?!”

Shock and confusion covering her face as she walks up to the boy.

“Jared what are you doing?! Heal him!” Seeing him weak and injured she demands of her husband.

“Yeah yeah, I need to grab the mana storage device. Tanya has been pestering me enough, don’t you start as well.” He says with a indignant expression walking into the master bedroom and grabbing a small box in the bedside table.

Drawing mana out of the storage device he powers a small heal Spell.

This however didn’t give the desired effect.

“Damn, he really is warm out.” Walking back to the bedroom and returns with a small chunk of wood and chalk.

Slowly drawing a Spell Circle out on the small thin wood piece.

Finishing the Spell Circle he holds the Mana Storage in one hand and the spell circle in the other, facing towards the child.

Spell flaring to life and leaving a few minor changes to the boy.

“Okay that’s about all we can do for now, just have to feed him good food and let him recover.” He breaks the awkward silence and intense stares from his Wife and Child.

“I’m not sure where to let them rest however.” He adds.

“I’ll be right back.” Jeniffer cuts in and runs to her room, picking up another loose floorboard and grabs a small blanket, pillow and sleeping bag.

“Back, we could let them rest on the couch with a pillow and blanket.” She holds up showing them, “However I will instead sleep on the couch along with you Jared, with the child sleeping in our room.” She says definitively.

“But-“

Yes, darling?” She cuts off with a sinister smile looking at Jared.

“Never mind.”

“Good.”

“On a different note, will you two be heading back out to fish? I assume you didn’t catch any?”

“Actually ‘Dad’ did catch some!” Tanya says with a slight mocking face and sarcasm.

The sarcasm falling on deaf ears as Jeniffer replies enthusiastically, “Oh wow! Honey you’re getting a lot better!”

Jared’s smile becoming more and more fake as Tanya quietly laughs from behind her mother.


Uh…It would appear I forgot to schedule this chapter like 3 days ago, and so this chapter wasn’t updated. Sorry about that!

0