Chapter 15 – Introduction
67 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Newt drowsily awakens from his slumber, feeling a heavy weight on his leg he looks down to find a head.

Specifically, the child, Tanya, resting her head on his leg, fast asleep.

Seeing this, Newt has a nostalgic smile spread across his face, reaching down to pat her head.

As his hand came into contact with the child, she began to smile and run her head into his hand.

So focused on Tanya, Newt doesn’t even notice a women enter and sit down.

“Cute, isn’t she?” She quietly says, startling Newt from his nostalgia filled trance.

“Ah yes, hello there, I don’t believe we’ve met?” Newt quietly replies, trying to not wake the child.

“We’ve met, haven’t introduced ourselves though.”

“Oh? Well I’m Newt, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Jennifer, mother of this little ball of joy.” She kisses Tanya’s head.

“Oh I forgot to ask, where is Cynth…” Newt begins to ask, memories and awareness still fuzzy from waking up.

Awareness starting to drip in as he remembers, Cynthia is Dead.

Beginning to hyperventilate again, his increasing panic is cut off by Jennifer.

Coming closer and gently hugging the boy, not saying anything.

Newt freezes for a brief moment, before falling into the embrace of Jennifer.

Tears running down his face as he quietly sobs, trying to suppress most of the noise as to not wake the child.

Seeing this Jennifer whispers, “She’s a deep sleeper, I’ll quickly put her to bed in her own room, if that’s alright?” She kindly asks Newt, still recovering from the shock and sadness.

Knowing that it was for the best he nods and leaves the hug, as Jennifer gets up to move Tanya.

———

Shortly, Jennifer returns, unexpectedly not alone, a tall wide man enters alongside her.

Anxiety streaming into his brain, subconsciously trembling as he remembers a similar figure that had taken everything from him.

Noticing the trembling and gaze, Jared kindly expresses a smile, asking, “Would you like me too leave?”

Shocking Newt, he pauses momentarily, Different person, he’s a different person. Newt reminds himself, trying to calm down, he musters out a reply.

“P-p…please stay…”

“Okay kid, if you ever feel uncomfortable being around me, just say, I’ll leave.”

“…wt.” Newt whispers, unable to hear Jared leans in and asks.

“Sorry, could you repeat that?”

“M-my name’s Newt…”

A soft smile spreads across Jared’s face.

“Nice to meet you Newt, I’m Jared, you already know my wife and Tanya.

Tanya is probably the name of the child… Newt deduces.

“Great, now that the two of you are introduced, Newt I believe we need to know your background, and, will you be a source of danger for us and our child?” Jennifer asks with a cold expression.

His body begins to shake, however before it got any worse, Jared flicks his wife on the forehead.

“Jen, the kid was terrified from my mere existence in the room, are you trying to further traumatize him?!”

“I get that, but we have to know, Tanya could be put in danger.”

“I agree, but you don’t need to threaten the kid, if anything, that would make him more suspicious of us and more prone to lie!”

Getting a slightly embarrassed expression on her face she turns away and replies, “I was only worried about us…”

“I know, I appreciate that, which is one of the many reasons why I fell in love with you.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Newt blankly stares at this interaction and begins to question why he was scared of them.

Bleugh gross!” A voice calls out from the crack in the door.

“What? Aren’t you glad your parent’s love is still in full force?” Jared calls out with a smirk.

“Tanya go back to your room, we are having an adult talk with Newt.”

Jared once again flicks her on the forehead and whispers.

“Remember last night.” Jared reprimands, while Jennifer sighs and calls out.

“Never mind, come in, you should listen as well.”

Shock unlike that she had ever felt covered Tanya’s face.

“Really!?!?”

“Yes.”

“Now, Newt, please tell us about yourself.” She says with a serious expression.

Newt mentally prepares himself before beginning a heavily altered story, discarding all magic and changing the church to bandits and corrupt guards e.t.c.

———

“Thaz sho shad!” Tanya exclaims whilst sobbing.

 

Short Chapter Again, had some issues that have kept me busy IRL, worst of all have been and still am sick.

Sorry about that.

0