Chapter 18
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Newt has a peaceful dream, back at Incipere, the city he was born and escaped from, a furious man speed walks down a dark tunnel, walls covered in jail cells.

After some point the cells began becoming more and more isolated, full metal doors, no bars just a wall.

Reinforced, designed so not a single sound escapes.

These cells are for two kinds of people, the more high priority inmates, and when they are trying to extract important information from, lets say less 'willing' prisoners.

Although these kinds of cells weren't seen very often, or at the very least, not used for long.

A small city with no tactical importance to either warring powers obviously didn't require cells to hold dangerous criminals very often.

As to the reason these cells aren't used for long?

Well, why would the church keep demons alive?

In this case, the person imprisoned wasn't a 'demon', but a possible lead.

The man with his short dirty blonde hair and piercing gold eyes furiously reaches one of the cells opening it to reveal a 30 year old man, his pitch black hair bearing a striking resemblance to Newt's, unlike Newt's hair however, clear grey hairs could be spotted.

Seth, the Devoted, saw the man's black hair and began fuming in anger, the familiar hair lighting a fuse in his soul the moment he remembers the small boy who had ruined everything!

Walking over to the man lying down on the floor in the fetal position he kicks slightly above the man's head with full force, destroying parts of the wall behind him.

Breathe, breathe, can't kill him yet.

Grabbing out two chairs from his ring and a small folder he sits down and looks at the scared shaking man with contempt.

"Sit down." He says with a fierce tone, scaring the man enough to follow the instructions.

"Allen Wraith, oh, a last name? Passed down from your father who was an astounding commander for the Holy Empire and earned by his intellect in strategy and his skill in assassination before he was promoted, having assassinated four different demon commanders. Well he obviously wasn't that amazing considering how not many even new of his existence." Seth mockingly chuckles as the man starts shaking more intensely, anger suppressing his fear.

"He was a brilliant man who was looked down upon and ridiculed for his 'lowly' background and 'ungraceful' style of fighting! He was a genius who surpassed your supposedly 'amazing' paladins!"

Allen yells out, catching Seth a bit off guard at the sudden turn, "Sit." though his anger was quelled immediately as the cold voice enters his ears.

"Your father taught you to be righteous and trained you in swordsmanship, hah! An assassin teaching a child about being righteous, best joke I've ever heard! And swordsmanship? no wonder your swordsmanship skills were so terrible."

Clenching his fist intensely, holding his anger in, Allen waits for the man to finish whatever point he was trying to make.

"Eventually you got better with the sword, although barely reaching the level of your coworkers, instead being more talented in hand to hand combat. Other than that, you got married to 'Amanda Wraith' and lived out a comfortable few years, until she fell pregnant with a boy, this caused you to work harder to make your wife's pregnancy easier and to have more help on the birthing of your son.

Soon your son, Nero Wraith, was born, very healthy but far bigger than expected making his birth far more troublesome to occur and leaving your wife very weak.

Dying a week later, causing you to abuse your son mentally and physically.

Then something unique happened, Nero began to act differently, and than one night, you ran. Caught shortly after by the guards who saw you acting suspicious, to which you were held in a cell for questioning but said nothing for some reason, now why was that?"

Seth asks with a tilted head and innocent smile.

"And don't lie to me, I'll know." Seth adds with a chilling gaze.

"I-I was... Drunk, and one night he attacked me with a knife! So trying to defend myself whilst being inebriated, I took the knife he was using and, well stabbed him. It was self defense!"

"Oh~ you stabbed him did you? I assume you ran after that thinking he died?"

"Thinking? Wait... Is he alive?!"

"Oh he is more than alive, he has become tainted by a demon-spawn." Seth declared to the stunned man.

"I knew that little bastard was evil!" He chuckles, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off of him.

"And now, I need your help, to capture and kill him." Seth explains, his face morphing from the chilling fury he previously had to a kind and determined face, reaching across the table he had placed and putting his hand on Allen's shoulder.

A small spark of ignites itself in Allen's chest, his emotions bursting as he replies.

"I am determined to help you sir!" Saluting Seth.

A dark smile crossing Seth's face.

-----

Waking from his peaceful dream, Newt dazedly gets up while rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Looking around his room he notices his pouch, reaching in and grabbing the book Cynthia had written for him and sat back on his bed, opening it up and reading the first page.

"Hey kid, chances are I'm dead... Or I just couldn't be bothered teaching you for some reason and just gave you this book to do it instead. Anyway, I'm assuming at least you escaped from the city considering your reading this.

Now I assume you're worried, confused and not sure what to do, simple, become stronger, you should be approaching the level of a beginner Mage, leave Magi-Artificing for the future, chances are you just don't have the necessary materials to work on anything, that doesn't mean you should slack off on it! I've written down the atomic structure of different materials I have made and studied so study thoroughly and begin practicing in your OCD (Omniscient Creator's Domain).

I have split this book into two parts, one is Magi-Artificing, the other is Magic, I recommend focusing on the latter for the near future if you are still in some danger or soon to be.

Finally, if I did die, than hang in there kid, things will get better eventually, you're extremely talented, now all you have to do is put in the effort to reach the level i know you can.

Later kid."

Newt's eyes begin to water but he heavily sniffs up snot coming out of his nose and wiping his eyes and flips forward in the book to the beginning of the Magic section.

Coming to the first page, 'Finishing your Mana Heart', Newt begins to read the page.

"The main part of creating a Mana Heart is to gradually add and infuse Mana into your heart until the heart adapts to the Mana and permanently stays infused with the Heart and blood vessels.. The process usually takes around 1 - 3 weeks for the adaption. Once this has been achieved the Mana Heart is formed.

However that's not the true end, now that the Mana Heart has been created and can store and pump Mana throughout the body via blood vessels, you must then imbue Mana within your lungs, for how can you use the Mana in your Heart if you have no Mana in your heart?

You must enhance your lungs to be able to gather Mana and let it naturally enter your body, though its not as simple as enhancing it, you must breathe in a specific way to properly and efficiently gather Mana. I have written down the general way, however it is best shown by another mage. Since you most likely don't have anyone to do so, you will just have to test and alter the way until you succeed. It may seem easy written down, but in practice, not so much.

The process for imbuing your lungs with Mana is luckily far faster once your Heart has been made, as most of your body has already began adapting to Mana, with your heart and blood vessels having already done so.

Though you don't need to keep your lungs imbued unless you are gathering Mana, its a good habit to keep it imbued at every moment, even while asleep, this will allow you a constant regeneration of Mana."

Putting down the book, Newt gets into a comfortable position and begins the final process of finishing the Mana Heart.

Mana gathers around him as it noticeably moves around Newt.

The pulling of Mana didn't go unnoticed though, as Jared notices the surrounding Mana starts to become more energetic.

This was unusual as Newt hadn't begun using the Mana breathing technique yet.

Nonetheless Newt continues the process, completely unaware of what was occurring.

Finally, the Mana clicks into place and the Heart begins beating more powerfully than usual, Newt felt the vibration of his heart beating throughout his entire body until it slowly began to settle back down, noticeably beating faster and harder.

"Haah." Newt lets out a sigh of relief seeing the Mana Cynthia had left in his body stay in his heart, small pieces of Mana getting sent throughout his blood vessels.

0