Ch.12
111 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were things Yang did that got on Weiss' nerves. They were mostly petty things like hair in the sink or burping and not saying 'excuse me'. A scowl or a debilitated request to 'have some manners' would solve the problem. 

Other instances of Yang inadvertently aggravating her roommate involved her putting the spaghetti in the same container as the sauce and meat, putting pineapples on pizza, and slurping her soup. She didn't like it but allowed Yang to have her harmless yet inferior styles.

Today, however, she saw something that could not be ignored. A heinous act against one of Schnee's core principles. Her heart stopped at the horrible sight in front of her. The crime against nature had to be addressed. With a deep breath, Weiss bravely confronted Yang's unforgivable act.

"Yang Xiao Long!" Weiss said with crossed arms.

Without any hint of seriousness, "Dad, I didn't do anything!" She stood up towering over Weiss. Yang had her hands on her hips showing a toothy smile. Weiss was having none of it today, even if it was funny.

"What...do you think...you have on?" Weiss asked, inhaling between certain words.

"Uh..." Yang looked at her outfit. "Black jeans and a long sleeve shirt."

Weiss pointed at her friend's shoes that lay on the bed. They were leather biker boots with scratches on the white toes. The ankles were discolored from the years of wear. The left heel had a chip on the side and the right heel had a crack at the bottom. If inanimate objects could talk, these abominations born in the '80s would be screaming for mercy.

Weiss' eye twitched and she snarled.

"What...are...those?"

Yang was about to cackle seeing how red the princess had turned over such a silly thing. They were a pair of shoes that she had gotten years ago and were still working (for now).

"My favorite pair of motorcycle boots," Yang answered nonchalantly. Weiss wasn't satisfied with that, however.

"They're older than you & I put together!" she argued.

"I know. That's why I'm taking them to a shop." Yang leaned down to meet eye level with her nosey friend. "Do I have your permission, dad?"

Weiss pinched Yang's cheek trying to snatch that obnoxious grin off her face. It only stretched it out. Nevertheless, Weiss wasn't letting this atrocity to fashion go.

"I'm asking, why do you still have them?"

Yang shrugged and mumbled, "Seminenal allu. [Sentimental value]." She brushed the woman's hand away before continuing. "Blake's dad gave 'em to me after I got my license renewed."

"You know Ghira Belladonna?" Weiss questioned. This took Yang by surprise. "Our dads have had court cases against one another. Labor laws, unions, that sort of thing. We've never actually met. I just knew him as the lawyer behind the 'racial discrimination lawsuits' against my dad."

"That sounds about right," Yang admitted.

None of the explanations was a surprise. Yes, Yang knew Blake from high school. Only finding out Belladonna could afford to attend an expensive catholic school, but deciding against it after meeting her dad. A giant of a man, always carrying himself as the intellectual he was. Never using his stature or wealth to intimidate others. But help them instead. 

The moral, and physical opposite of Jacques Schnee. 

"So..." Yang sang. 

Weiss rolled her eyes before Yang even asked.

"Ugh! 'Sins of the father' is bull. Besides, my father's the one who's a bigoted prick. Now put on some shoes that aren't broken down. We're going shopping."

"Hold up!" Yang said. "What about—"

"I'll pay for the repairs to your biker boots," Schnee announced, grabbing her purse. Then, a concept dawned on her. These were boots given to her by Ghira Belladonna. A man who was well over 6'6. Meaning, Yang's feet had to be big enough to fill the footwear. Which meant, Weiss just said she was paying for the repair and a new pair of size 17 biker boots.

Holding back a whimper, she thought to herself, 'My poor credit card'.

-A Few Minutes Later-

Weiss sat in the corner of the store away from everyone. She wasn't the type of person her father wanted her to be. That being a woman who would never set foot in a blue color styled motorcycle accessory shop. But lord knew she was not comfortable being the only woman in the building. Well, there were a few other female customers, but the ratio still bothered her.

The hardwood floor and walls were authentic and made the few brown clothes pop out. The people talking amongst themselves were just as loud as the hard rock music playing on the stereo. The neon signs and auto aesthetic decorations gave the place a severe 80's heavy metal video. Maybe those were exaggerations, but that was how it felt to Weiss. After all, she was sitting amongst black clothing in blue jeans and a silver blouse.

'I wonder if bikers and goths get along,' Weiss thought with Blake in mind. Without meaning to, Blake stayed in Weiss' mind. The cute glasses and bow she had the last time Weiss saw her. The way her gothic shirts always seemed to compliment her ebony skin. Not to mention how well her body filled out whatever she wore. Finally, her small smile upon seeing something funny. 

A worker came up to Weiss with his footsteps sounding like drum beats. She was thankful for and dreading the interaction.

"Need help with anything ma'am?" he asked.

She smiled, "No thank you. I'm just waiting for my friend."

"Okay then." He said, beginning to walk away, "If you wanna try anything out, we do carry smaller-size jackets and such. Not a lot, but we do."

Weiss gave a courtesy laugh.

"Thank you." His back turned to Schnee and she immediately pulled out her phone. Maybe social media could save her from talking to strange people. Or having 'thoughts' about friends. 

Just as she was about to touch the app, she thought about why. Why was she so desperate to look away from these people? She did this with Ruby and they ended up becoming good friends. She tried this with Yang only for the two of them to wind up watching anime together.

This was a foreign land for her. As her thumb hovered over the phone, she took a gulp and refused to hide. Weiss put her Scroll-XII phone back in her purse and stood up.

"Excuse me, sir?" Weiss asked an employee. It was the same one as before. He was muscular and had detailed sleeve tattoos of skulls and flames that Weiss didn't want to look at. "I was wondering about those jackets you may have in my size."

-A Few Minutes Later-

Yang stepped out of the changing room wearing what she could describe as the most comfortable pair of leather motorcycle boots she'd ever tried on. Black with yellow flame stitch details going up the heels. The straps were V-shaped with a fire buckle and the bottom of the boots were yellow. She was committed to her favorite aesthetic. Even if it meant $400 boots.

'My princess is paying for them.' She thought, 'Hopefully this isn't too much for her. Oh wait, it's her dad's money. Maybe I can get a pair of shades too? Nah, don't wanna push it.'

"You look so cute!" a woman's voice said.

"Thank you," Weiss replied confidently.

"No way," Yang said power walking to the corner of the store holding small clothes.

Could it be? Weiss sporting a black bomber jacket? It was! Her hands rested on the fur collars showing off to the women. She played it off like she was checking it out in the mirror, but Yang knew better. 

The sleeves had dual white streaks going from the shoulders down to the wrists. The only thing missing was a snow aesthetic. Something Yang could arrange very easily.

"So, you thinking about buying it?" another woman asked. Her chest unintentionally hit Weiss' back. 

Weiss tugged on her collar on instinct, "Uh well."

Another girl placed a hand on her shoulder, "It suits you. The hair and the lining. Ya' know?" 

Her feet shifted a little bit when she felt someone's shoe tap against hers.

"I uh...well, I don't" Weiss stuttered. 

Yang came into the frame as Weiss looked at the mirror. She pointed at herself, to which Weiss subtly shook her head. 

"Nah. I was just trying it out. 'Nothing ventured'." She put the jacket back on the hanger and the rack before maneuvering around the small crowd.

"Ready?" Yang asked.

"Never bring me here again," Weiss whispered.

"Okay." Long whispered back.

They both reached the register awaiting the worker to bring out Yang's repaired boots and pay for her new ones. In the meantime, Yang decided to calm her friend down a little. "I'll order that jacket for your birthday."

"Thanks."

END

4