New life
178 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

‘Where am I?’

She slowly sat up while assessing her surroundings. The place she was in was pure white and it seems to be endless. Suddenly, she felt a stinging pain in her abdomen but there seemed to not be any injuries. Suffering from the stinging pain, a voice resounded in her head.

“Moshi Moshi? Can you hear me?”

A voice as clear as a bell was what she thought she heard. Visibly confused, she tries to search for the owner of the voice but it was to no avail.

“H-Hello? Anyone there?”

She asked hoping to get an answer.

“Hai~ Hai~, it seems like you can hear us desu~”

Another voice resounded in her head and unlike the previous one, it seemed to belong to someone bright and cheerful. Suddenly a third voice resounded in her head, this time it sounded mature and charming.

“Well then, let me introduce ourselves. I am Aglaea and my two little sisters are Euphrosyne and Euanthe. We are the goddesses in charge of your reincarnation.”

“Re-Reincarnation? Did I.. Did I die?”

“Yes you did and to be honest we’re sorry for you”

“Agreed”

She felt the warm gazes of the sisters despite not knowing where it was coming from. She then noticed that the stinging pain was no longer there but what comes next were bits and pieces of her memories reforming before waking up.

“I-I see… I was stabbed in the abdomen while trying to protect my Aoi-kun. Is Aoi-kun safe? Has the stabber been caught?”

“Aoitenshi is safe alright and the stabber got hit by a truck when the police were chasing him. Based on usual isekai cliché, he should also be undergoing the same process of being reincarnated into another world.”

“Although it’ll be quite unlikely for you to be reincarnated into the same world, I feel that you will be needing some abilities, am I right?”

“Yes~”

Deep in thought, she tries thinking of goals she wishes to achieve in this other world.

‘What am I going to do? Should I live peacefully? Should I start a business or…’

The sisters noticed the change in the air and smiled excitedly as if something interesting was about to happen. Knowing what the girl was going to do in her next life, the three of them simultaneously asked her.

“So.. What kind of ability do you want?”

“I-I want the ability to exact my revenge. I.. I want it to ensure it's accomplishment..”

-------------------------------

My name is Alice Amadeus, my old name was Amane Sakura. I was reincarnated into Exivys, a world where magic is commonplace and it has almost been 10 years since I was born.

Ever since I was 5 years old, I had to master how to use magic and weapons by my parents who were mercenaries and speaking of my parents, they died in the ‘disaster’ that happened a month before I turned 11 and now I’m being taken care of by my neighbors.

*Knock knock*

“I’m coming in Alice” 

Standing at the entrance of Alice’s room was a boy around the age of 15. His wet platinum blonde hair glistens as the light shines on it. He walks towards the window to open it before glancing at the still sleeping Alice. Silently creeping towards Alice, he attempts to poke her cheek but instead gets a blade pointed at his neck the moment he got close to her but the hand holding the blade slowly retreated.

“Oh... Isn’t it only Chael-niichan… Back to sleep, I go..” 

“Hey Alice, wake up! It’s already noon!”

Chael said as he pulls off the blanket from Alice not seemingly fazed by the dagger that was pointed at him earlier. Alice groaning from having her sleep being disturbed tries to get her blanket back instead almost fell off the bed if it weren’t for the support from Chael.

“Come on Alice, lunch is already prepared so go and get ready.”

Chael folds the blanket and nicely place it above Alice’s bed while she was trying to get off her bed to get ready.

----------------

“Okay, I’m all set and ready. What about you onii-chan?”

“I’m all set too. Shall we go now?”

“Yes.”

Dressed in casual wears, Chael and Alice were going shopping to restock on ingredients. The streets were filled with people and the sound of joy and laughter could be heard all over the commercial and residential district. Wanting to not get separated from Chael due to the constant pushing, Alice strengthens her grip on Chael’s hands. While they were going around the marketplace, Alice tugged on his sleeves.

“Oniichan can we take a look at that vendor?” asked Alice after getting Chael’s attention and pointing at a tent.

Chael looks at the tent Alice pointed at. It was a vendor that sells weapons from outside the country. Although he hesitates, the hesitation soon disappeared after he took a glance at Alice’s expression. Her eyes were shining. Shining so much that he could see stars in her eyes.

“Fine… but try not to do anything dangerous…”

“Hai~”

The real reason behind Alice’s request was that she wanted to find a weapon. A weapon that she could train with and get familiar with. The weapon that would become her partner in completing her vengeance but of course, Chael does not know that. He doesn’t even know that she was reincarnated. 

As she innocently looks around the tent, she found a dagger. She tried channeling as much of her mana into the dagger to test its durability and to her surprise, the dagger did not show any signs of cracking. She was even more surprised at how comfortable the dagger was as if it was made just for her.

“Oniichan, can you buy this weapon for me?”

Chael looks at the weapon that Alice brought to him. He seemed visibly confused. Suddenly a rough and masculine voice started talking.

“Hey, there missy can you not play with my wares?”

Appearing from behind the divider, was a man. His build was big and to accompany it was bulging muscles. He had a bushy beard and seems to be bald. Although the man knows he looks scary, Chael and Alice were not fazed by this which made the man have a higher opinion of them.

“Sorry about that mister, we are just looking around.”

“Well if you want to look around, I’d recommend not bringing your little sister here. Who knows if she’ll injure herself especially with all these weapons.”

“Ojiisan, I will be fine. I have trained with weapons since I was 5 by my parents.”

Surprised by the fact, the vendor was speechless but soon recovered. He came closer to the siblings and took the weapon from Alice.

“Hmm fine… Though I must say you have a good eye for a weapon little girl.”

“My name is not little girl. I am Alice and this is my brother Chael.”

"Hello"

“Alice huh… Well then just call me Moose."

After their introductions, Moose beckons the siblings over and bringing them to the backside of the tent. There he laid down the dagger that Alice chose and started talking about it.

"This dagger was found by a scavenger that scavenged the battlefield polluted by miasma due to the 'disaster'. He sold it to me after I told him that I'll be coming to Cadora to open a vendor during the festive season."

"He also added that there is a carving at the underside of the blade that says 'Amadeus' and as to how he got the dagger, he said an undead that seems to be a female mercenary was holding it while murmuring 'Forgive us...Alice' and after he took it from her, the undead's body just collapsed as if a puppet that got its string cut."

The sound of someone sniffling can be heard throughout the room. Noticing that it was Alice who is making that sound, Chael tries to cheer her up but to no avail. Moose wondering what was going on asked Chael so he decided to explain it.

“That dagger was most likely meant to be Alice’s birthday present… The disaster happened a month before her birthday and at that time, Alice’s parents who were mercenaries that were on an escort mission was caught in the disaster. If I can recall correctly, Alice’s family name is Amadeus.”

-------

After a couple of minutes of Chael consoling Alice, he finally managed to calm her down.  Seeing how swollen Alice’s eyes were and the tears dripping, Chael took out his handkerchief to wipe her face gently. Alice, looking at Chael with her ruby eyes softly muttered her thanks. Restricting his urge to hug her while calling her cute, he simply nods before looking into Moose’s direction. He seemed to have made up his mind was what Chael thought.

“Alice-chan, I’ll give this dagger back to you but on one condition, you will have to help me with my shop until the festival ends. You are fine with that right?"

Moose said as he looks at Chael for confirmation while smiling. Not sure as to how he should answer,  he takes a side glance at Alice, she seemed to not mind since she would be given the dagger that would be her last memento of her parents.

“I will have to check with my parents first before she can work here… Well, we’ll come again if we manage to convince them but for now, we are just gonna take our leave since it is almost dinner time.”

Hearing that, Alice seems a bit down which made Chael worried so he decided to reaffirm her that he would try his best to convince them.

“Thank you, Oniichan.”

6