A brief look at Yuri, our Protagonist and the History of the Starbreaker armor
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

<I>

 

  Yuri (Remastered, Chapter 1~), our protagonist, a teenage girl deprived of memory, in search of the past through remnants left behind by her mother, which hides a powerful secret that shall gravely change the course of the dying world.

    Yuri (Remastered, Chapter 1~), our protagonist, a teenage girl deprived of memory, in search of the past through remnants left behind by her mother, which hides a powerful secret that shall gravely change the course of the dying world

 

Above: Original design of Yuri (Drawn in 2012, the starting point of the creation of Before Light), donning her Starbreaker armor, traversing through the snows before the North Line( Remastered - chapter10).

  Starbreaker armor: enhanced nano particle liquidus film used to deflect Demon Scourges, powered by Light, and linked by the bearer's memory and Light Soul.

  Starbreaker armor: enhanced nano particle liquidus film used to deflect Demon Scourges, powered by Light, and linked by the bearer's memory and Light SoulAbove 1 and 2: Early designs(approxamately drawn in 2012~2013) of the Starbreaker armor, specifically for Yuri, per the six energy grappling hooks that resembles snow flakes

Above 1 and 2: Early designs(approxamately drawn in 2012~2013) of the Starbreaker armor, specifically for Yuri, per the six energy grappling hooks that resembles snow flakes.

  Weapons: Aside from the six energy grappling hooks, prominently wielded by Yuri through most of the story is her sword rifle, though it was not name dropped in the remastered version, it is code named Angil Filishter all along from the start. Perhaps the name is yet visible in the original version of the novel.

Perhaps the name is yet visible in the original version of the novel

  Above: Original Angil Filishter with grappling hooks.

  Above: Remodled Angil Filishter, drawn on 2022/11/21

Above: Remodled Angil Filishter, drawn on 2022/11/21. The weapon is yet to reach its final form in the story with its master Yuri.

 

 

  Above 1 upper picture: Remodled form of Yuri in her Starbreaker armor, uploaded on 2022/11/19

Above 1 upper picture: Remodled form of Yuri in her Starbreaker armor, uploaded on 2022/11/19.

  Above 2 lower picture: same Remodled form, but without the rune details. Runes of power indicates the strength and activation of any Starbreaker armor. It may seem like gibberish or meaningless scribbles, and yes. Some of them are. But not all of them. Some runes are actually derived from the original language form, which...might be shared in a later chapter.

Above: early sketching of the Remodled Yuri, before adding color

Above: early sketching of the Remodled Yuri, before adding color.

 

 

Above 1 and 2: some of you might be familiar of these two

Above 1 and 2: some of you might be familiar of these two. They are the first used book covers for the original Before Light Novel, which...is not recommended due to scuffed writing and potential spoilers for the Remastered version. So...yep.

 

 

  Above: This one was first percieved to be a finer thumbnail for the music scores posted on my Youtube channel

  Above: This one was first percieved to be a finer thumbnail for the music scores posted on my Youtube channel. It was later replaced by the current Remodelization of the Yuri we know and love now. (Drawn 2022/10/09)

 

    Well, a failed attempt to become either a thumbnail or a book cover, that is

Well, a failed attempt to become either a thumbnail or a book cover, that is.

 

  And finally, smol Yuri, used for the Christmas music video current on Youtube right now

And finally, smol Yuri, used for the Christmas music video current on Youtube right now. (Feel free to have a listen while you are still here, ha: https://youtu.be/ErH_yUSsrZc )

 

  Finally, the latest Christmas version to end the chapter and this year

  Finally, the latest Christmas version to end the chapter and this year.

  Yep, that's mostly it. Artworks above can mostly be found on my pixiv page here: https://www.pixiv.net/users/28886714

  Hope you liked it. 

 

 

  [.........to be continued]

 

 

 

 

0