What Every Girl Wants!
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How many times do I have to tell you that he is not coming back!” I avoided my friend’s gaze as she started moving all around the hall, thinking she could fix my relationship. I know every best friend cares for us but this has gone out of my hands and now I just want some peace.

“I still think…”

I shook my head. “Nope. Don’t even think about it,” I said. 

I know Shelby well and I can tell what’s going on in her head. 

“But Stella, maybe you are wrong. What if he is really in an emergency meeting?”

I sat back in my chair and looked up to the ceiling. Everything was okay until I asked about taking our relationship one step further. It's so idiotic of me. I should have just kept my mouth shut. Why am I so much into marriage stuff!

“Don’t blame yourself, Stella. You said what was in your head. No need to worry about anything. Whatever happens, will happen. I know Lucas well. I know what is bothering him.”

I opened my eyes and looked at Shelby. “Is it because of her ex-girlfriend? I don’t know much but I think something bothers him when I bring up that topic.”

“He hated it the most,” Shelby confirms.

“I was just trying to be funny. He is always serious, I say just to lighten up his mood!”

She nodded slowly. “I know. But Lucas doesn't think that way.”

“Shelby,” I said as I sat straight. I really don’t think I should be digging into my boyfriend's past but seeing what happened today and how he got angry at the mention of marriage, I think this is the time I should be knowing things that he is hiding from me. “I wanted to know what happened? Did she leave him?”

“Not in that way but…”

She waited a little to make sure that the door was closed. We live in Carlos Height in Brooklyn and most of the people here know Lucas and his reputed family. One small whisper and the news will move around the city like a lightning storm!

“It was their second anniversary and Lucas came from London just to surprise her. It was Christmas and he thought this was the perfect time to ask her for marriage. And…then  something unexpected happened. He saw her with someone else.“

“Oh dear..”

“They have been away for a very long time. And you should have seen Lucas. He was so much happy. I thought he got his dream girl!”

I could imagine his face. His reaction. Maybe this is the reason why he gets angry when someone brings up the marriage stuff.

“And she was with none other than Luca’s business partner, Mike. He trusted him so much. After he was gone, I thought she really missed him. I mean she acted that way for some time.”

“Why would she do this?”

“Money. His business partner has way more money than him.”

“Oh dear, that’s why he hates that topic so much!” I quickly reached out for my phone.

“What are you doing?” Shelby asked.

“Writing a sorry message to him. I think I have to wait for… oh!”

“What happened?” Shelby came near me and looked at my screen. “What is it?”

“Message from Lucas,” I said.

“What does it say?” She asked.

“I don’t know. What do you think? You are his best friend. Is it about a breakup?”

She slapped me harder on my shoulder. “Idiot! I know him very well. If someone is perfect for him it's only you, okay? And he wouldn’t ever think of breaking up with you. No matter what.”

I hope this is true. I prayed and clicked on his message.

“Sweety, I am sorry for today’s reaction. I think I have been hard on you since the day we met. There are  things I wanted to tell you. I am sorry. I am seriously sorry. But I promise I’ll tell everything  this time. I hope you are not mad at me now.”

 

https://www.patreon.com/hazelparadise

1