The Christmas Cookie
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am called the best baker in my town. And I think I am still hallucinating. My parents would call me a liar if I tell them that their reckless and rebellious daughter has finally found what she has to do with her life. My soon-to-be husband still feels that I am not grown-up which I think partly is true.

I live in a small town called Ottery Peverell. A small town where you have to change many buses to reach. No airports. No railways. No proper roads. 

Being from a big city, it was really tough for me to adjust with all the silence, the unwanted neighbors coming to your place to talk and those street vendors who knew your name and infact where you came from!

I have lived in Brooklyn all my life. My parents met there and so thought the city was the best place to settle. Although I have always been a disciplined daughter, I still love the freedom this place offers. Late night parties were in my blood. I was a regular drinker and of course I would go one step ahead if not conscious, which I know was not good for my mental health!

I was accustomed to waking up late in the morning. Sometimes, I used to party all night until my sister reminded me that mom still has the capability to ground me. 

After all that mental-health-damaging stuff I did back there, my parents decided that I better stay with my aunt who lived in Ottery Peverell alone. She never married but my mother believed she secretly loved someone all her life! I cannot believe someone beautiful like her can remain spinster all her life!

So after all the fights, and “It's good for you. You’ll know when the time will come!” dialogues, I was finally parceled to this small place which I don’t think anyone has ever heard of.

I cannot even see the name on the map!

I have to say goodbye to all the luxuries I have been living with. No expensive shopping, no weekly spa treatment, and no girls night out! I left all my besties back there in the city!

But sometimes, the best things can come in a nasty disguise. Living here with people who would help you out without saying a single word, knowing that less is always more and falling in love with the man of — not my dream as I always wanted to marry a billionaire - but a man that was perfect for me!

Soon after a few weeks my aunt died as she was suffering from a serious illness, I took over her cafe. She always wanted me to handle her business which I never knew why.

And as for my boyfriend, Avalon Montgomery  - , he and I are now business partners. I am a baker, trying out all the beautiful and unique recipes from my aunt’s dairy and Avalon looks after the finance and other cafe’s stuff. I also befriended my neighbor Octavia who was looking for a job and now she works here as a receptionist.

It was difficult at first, I really hated every minute when I came here. But this turned out to be the best thing that could happen to me!

For now, everything is going alright. I don’t know what will happen next. Maybe my boyfriend will ask me for marriage? But seeing how he needs time to adjust with a rebellious girl like me, I think I should give him some for that.

Oh yes, I did forget to tell my name. I am Juliette Walker. A big city girl who found unexpected love in a place - which can barely be seen on the map!

 

1