THE CURSE
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up today, feeling fly like nothing could stop my shine. I first had to stretch hard while yawning to get the last bit of sleepiness out of my body.

I put on my footwear, which was a scissor slipper, look in the mirror, and saw how cute I still was. 'Man can anybody be hotter than me?', was what was on my mind as I look at myself.

I start walking by, but something seems to hit me as I rush back to the mirror. Having a second look at myself, I couldn't help feeling appalled.

"What the fuck", I scream. "No way, this can't be me, how is this possible? Fuck it all", I say once again but this time around, it has turned to a heavy scream.

No one could blame me after all. How did I come to look like this? I am a walking algae or what should I call myself? Or maybe phytoplankton? I have an antenna, just a single eye, greenish body, but luckily, I do have legs and hands. I look exactly like plankton in Spongebob, except for the fact that I am putting on a slipper though, there is no notable difference.

I think back to what happened that led to this.

A thunder accompanies the flashback as we go back in time.

No, not that far back. No, that was when I just woke up goddamnit. Get out of the way let me take care of it. Can't even get something done right over here.

Well, here it is.

The sole heir of a company, Kelvin here. With my nice blue starry eyes, and well-packed black silky hair. I had trained in various martial arts forms during my time, achieved a prominent black belt, and defeated all of my masters.

A perfect business tycoon, I have elevated the business left behind by my father. My mother had divorced my father way long ago and went out to stay with a guy who she has fallen in love with.

Unlike being attacked by enemies and killed, my father got sick due to heartbreak and has been struggling with illness while taking care of his company. The company has even started crumbling and various eyes have started seeking to acquire the company.

But after his death, his seemingly weak and dull child solely revived the business and brought it to a height never before seen.

The boy grew up to be a prominent man known all over the world, the richest businessman in the world. A multi-trillionaire business tycoon who owns and controls various companies at just the age of twenty-eight.

He has been invited to various talks and shows. He usually multi-task a lot, and hence various of his hobbies are being grown to the max.

Owning a huge mansion that occupies a very large land with all he could ever want to be built in it.

He has the dream house everyone could ever want with so much money that even his next three generations can never grow poor no matter how much they spent.

But no one would understand the kind of effort I put into acquiring all these though. They won't think about all the sleepless nights I had to make do with. The days my head ached so much that it felt like my head could burst at any moment.

The insults I had to face while building the company with a smile on my face. The threats, the planned accident, the attacks, they don't think about all of that. All they think about is how to be like me.

But I walk on a thin rope as one absolute unreconcilable mistake would make me lose all these. Something that I can never afford.

Although I flirt around with a lot of girls, that is something to be expected. I need to enjoy my life after all. This life isn't all meant for hard work.

I am trying all I can to create a perfect foundation for my future generation if I was to pass away at this moment.

And on this day while coming home in my black new Rolls-Royce car, in my extremely expensive black suit from an extremely important meeting, from which I just acquired a new company, and created a more solid foundation for my business. There was a huge rainstorm and thunders crackling here and there, my front view was almost blurred due to the heavy rainfall.

Although I have so much money, I hate the idea of being driven by someone and having my perfect and beautiful babies(my cars) touched by someone else.

There in front of my gate, a child was busy playing and jumping around.

'What the hell is wrong with this shitty head kid?', was what went through my mind. I honked at the kid but he just turns and look at me, then immediately without paying further attention to me, he continues his game.

No matter how much I honked at him, the same scenario plays out. 'This crazy kid is getting on my nerves goddamnit', I thought once again.

I quickly get an umbrella which was in the centre console compartment of my car.

I slowly get down from my car, not bothering about getting my twenty-five hundred dollars shoe wet, and walk slowly towards the boy.

Although I am usually uptight, I still love kids and secretly love playing with them. I even thought of having a kid as soon as I found a girl whom I loved. So, although the boy has been annoying me by staying in front of my gate for so long without having any intention of leaving, I still took it upon myself to walk up to him with a fine smile fully plastered on my face.

On getting closer to this boy, his features become more visible. He should be about nine or ten years old. He reminds me of my former self. He has dark hair which was not too long. Getting drenched in the hair has made his hair wet and straight at the same time.

The boy was not too tall, not lanky like some kid from the streets, he seem to be well-fed to a good degree. His face was not too visible due to his hair which covered part of his face.

I couldn't help but wonder how he was able to see with that partially covered vision. He wore a black polo shirt with cream shorts. He seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself at this moment.

Although I was approaching with a smile which was not too visible, this kid had a lot of guts, as what he said upon seeing me was, "Old man, what is it? I don't like anyone disturbing me while I am having fun".

"What the fuck?", I couldn't help cussing out loud. 'How dare this kid talk to me in such a manner when he is clearly in the wrong, was what went through my head.

The fact that he was playing in the rain was weird enough, and now he was talking to an elderly in such a manner.

I still maintain my gentle face and then say to the kid, "Hey, can you move over for a bit? I want to enter into my compound and you are in the way. So please, if you don't mind, can you just be patient. Once I get in, I don't mind you continue playing".

Was there anything wrong with the way I spoke to the kid? Did I make any mistake in the manner I spoke to the kid? Or was I rude or behaved in an absolute prideful manner?

The kid just snorts and says while moving his hands as if shooing a fly away, "Leave me alone. I don't like being bothered by old geezers".

Although I was trying hard to keep my smile on, those words ruined it all. 'Where the fuck did this asshole of a kid see an old man? Do I look old to him?', I thought inwardly.

I have been taking perfect care of myself to ensure that my beauty is never reduced in any way. I keep myself always fresh and cute, I even have a lot of facial treatments to meet such an end.

At this moment, there was no one I hated more than this kid. But I kept myself cool, I shouldn't after all stoop to the level of this kid who was playing in this heavy rainstorm.

Before I was able to speak once again though, the boy turns in my direction and says, "What are you still waiting for, old man? Do you need me to walk you away?". This boy does indeed have a big mouth for a little child of his age.

Unable to hold it in any longer, I quickly dragged this boy by his hands to the side. I didn't even do anything like hit him.

On removing this kid from the front of my gate, he starts wailing loudly like somebody that has been hit once or twice.

But I ignored him all the same, didn't want to bother myself with this kid any longer.

But about opening the door of my car, this kid said something in a somewhat sinister voice.

"Old man, you dare to hurt me in that manner, huh?", he starts. I was shocked, not because of the voice but because I didn't know how I managed to hurt him.

"You are going to pay for this old man. I curse you that you will be...", he wasn't able to complete his statement though as I interrupted him, "Be a beast and won't change back until I find true love?", I said with deadpan eyes.

"Damn you", he said with anger. Seems like I hit the nail on the head.

'What kind of a joke did those guys send this time around? Did they think that this could threaten me? How low they have fallen in this little game of theirs', I assume that just like in the past, this is one of those games played by the people who have one or two issues with me.

But suddenly, this kid just starts laughing sinisterly. This catches me off guard, the laughter gives me total chills, seems like their game this time around is greater than I expected. But this still isn't enough for me to fully scared.

The boy raises his head, and his eyes was visible at this moment. He has red bright eyes like that of a demon who just came from hell.

I start feeling afraid for the first time in a very long while now.

"Just like the water which falls from the sky with its end unknown, so shall your life be inside the ocean. I curse you to places beyond your understanding. Powers beyond your understanding shall confront you. Your life will start all over as one of the bottom feeders. Let's see who has the last laugh then", after saying that, this kid brings out a paper slip that was not wet, even though his clothes were fully wet at this moment. He rips the paper into pieces that could not be put together no matter how much one tries.

After doing that, he runs off, and in no time, his shadow couldn't be seen nor the sound that came from him stomping on the water which has already been gathered on the ground.

I just stare a bit at where the paper has been torn in, and then I entered my car and drove into my compound. Perhaps if I had stayed a bit, I would have noticed that the paper was vanishing at a very nice rate. But I was already exhausted and couldn't waste such precious time.

 I quickly took my bath and ordered meals. I had maids who took care of all kinds of stuff in my house. You don't expect me to take care of my house all by myself right? What time would I have for myself then?

After eating, I played my favourite horror game with my VR. I played for up to an hour before going to sleep.

Now I woke up to this form of mine while staring at the mirror. What kind of a joke is this?

0