2-1;Get her girl!- flashback
622 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jethro feels their palms get sweaty on the grip of the rapier, requiring her to grip tighter as she swings with repetition towards the trees. It is in this lull of training that a buzz hits the back of her head, for once not cringing at the sensation she whips around to find another of the monstrous rabbits mid jump, flying right at her head. With surprising honed reflex she manages to raise her blade executing in an actual sword block(not that hind block shit), sending the rabbit away with a light cut on its underside. This time controlling her breathing she does not allow the rabbit to recover and immediately follows up with a quick and precise-two-handed thrust which connects with the backside of the rabbit. It is then that she realizes it is firmly stuck and the rabbit is still alive now spazzing from electricity on the live blade. She panics and whips around slamming the stuck rabbit on to a tree repeatedly before movement ceases within the stuttering corpse. “Wow, this time I didn’t get a scratch, oh wait nevermind.” She looks down to find a slight scratch on her forearm from what little the rabbit could reach during its dying seizure.

“Not the best,” she pulls the blade out of the rabbit, “but it’s a start!”

-------

Jethro crouches down looking into a stream wondering what the glittering rocks at the bottom are. She reaches into it all the way up to her shoulder at the same time a buzz fills her head and before she feels a jarring sensation covers her entire arm. Suddenly spikes of pain cover it and she pulls upwards to find what appears to be a monstrous catfish; its whiskers now covered in countless glowing red bards, its eyes glowing an eerie red, and its scales now black as coal. Jethro this time manages to pull a sense of calm before taking her blade and pressing it against the side of the fish, sending a voltage strong enough to force it to let go of her. As she steps back after freeing her arm, she takes a moment to smirk at the fact that she’s getting better at this and manages to dispatch an enemy almost immediately. Interrupting her mirth, the cat fish does the most insane thing ever. It pushes out of the water, flips upside down and bursts out eight long-spindly crab legs, resembling an upside down spider. Jethro, who had thought that they would finally handle a monster encounter with grace; squeals really loudly before reverting to her base instincts and reflexes. Sounds of thunder and screams fill the air. When she opens her eyes from her panicked rush the catfish is gone with a black patch now all that's left of where it was. She does not think of this incident further.

--------

Jethro takes a breath. She had been practicing this basic kata for an hour now. Focusing and positioning stance, she begins with a vertical slash bringing it straight down in the air, and following with the thrust. Carefully focusing on her feet she rotates backwards doing a proper pivot before repeating the same strikes. She continues these series of strikes in various directions, attempting to perfect her simple attacks at a variety of angles and usages of footwork. After spending hours working on it she finally manages to get the whole thing in one go finishing it off with a spinning flourish. “HECK!” Well almost perfect, it appears she did one spin too many and lodged her sword in a tree again.

-------

It was an ordinary training day like any other. Jethro swung her sword at the surrounding trees, trained her super sense, and occasionally stared at her sword hoping she could do cool magic like the magic girls from her shows. Sadly the lightning does not willingly leave her blade so easily. It is during her usual training/play that her senses pick up a familiar set of enemies. Approaching from the side of the clearing is a monstrous catfish and bunny hissing and growling ferociously as they rush towards her. Not caught off guard this time she takes a ready stance and the bunny leaps forward ahead out of the two. She utilizes her training to its purpose and brings her blade up to the top of her head. She then takes a step forward, rotates her hips, and brings the blade down with perfect distance and timing. The bunny is cleanly bisected with its guts spilling out and blood splashing where it falls. The spider catfish sticks to the ground at a sprint using its many legs to crawl at an uncomfortably high speed. Jethro almost shuts her eyes but manages to work through the fear to make her next attack. Remembering her kata, she angles her blade to thrust and dashes forward, plunging the blade into the catfish’s face. And just like that, her most successful encounter with the monsters was completed. No injury, no panic, not even closing her eyes, she slayed her enemies efficiently and with confidence. “YEAH I DID IT, I KILLED THOSE CREEPY THINGS!!!!!” Her victory dance did not possess any of the dignity she had maintained within battle.

-------

It's been about three weeks since she has received the bracelet. Jethro looks around the area in the forest she had been training in and now realizes that the plentiful number of trees that had littered the area were now all cut down or bare of branches. Apparently her fervor combined with her magical girl physicality was not enough for the forest to all together contain. She looks over the stump closest to the pond. It had several steps in the cut but was still quit level, “hmm I have spent so long here i might as well make a place to sit.” She took the blade in her hands  and whittled away at the top of the stump, shaving it bit by bit until it was relatively flat and smooth. “Hey wait, I remember some people taking a piece of wood and using electricity to make lic-...lichta….something figures which look amazing. Can I use my sword to do the same thing?'' Stabbing her sword into the center of the stump and pushing as much electricity into her sword as she could, she saw black burning tendrils emerge from the center with a small bit of light near the edges. She stops when the pattern of lighting was about half way around the stump and looks at the design. Pleased, she sits down for a small rest before she thinks upon what her next activity to improve would be. While flicking through her phone to find something new to practice she hears a loud scream in the distance. A human one for once! “Ok it came a little faster than expected, but today’s the day I debut!”

23