2-3:Get her Girl! – Molie and Jade
434 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that the 2 girls are calm enough to actually regard their situation with more clarity, Jade decides to take Molie back to her training area, “Follow me I have a place we can talk more.” Molie feels the desperate need to talk now,“Um…where did these arms come from?” Jade tries to answer but, ”How will I hide them from my parents?!”, ”OH MY GOD WILL THEY SEND ME TO A GOVERNMENT LAB!!?” Molie had almost ignited another panic after getting over the previous one but Jade, now recognizing the anxious nature of her new friend, takes upon her renewed responsibility as a magical girl to reassure her, 

“Don’t worry I’ve got it all figured out,(she did not) all you’ve got to do is learn how to use those arms like I said and before you know it they’ll be as easy and as normal as your regular arms.” Now most people would not take a 6 year old’s word so easily but to be fair Molie is 7. 

Finally arriving at the training area; Molie cautiously unfurls one of her insectoid arms, the hard carapace glides smoothly and silently through the air, and while her motions are slow and unsteady, she persists to her destination.

 The arm now fully extended, Jade takes a good look at it examining all its features, she notes that the end of the arm as opposed to a hand was a pair of wicked sharp claws with multiple serrations and barbs which would allow it to catch on flesh and saw through it efficiently. Jade moves over to it and starts to grab the claw to examine it further. “That feels so strange,” Molie said while starting to extend her other arm just as slowly as the other, 

“When you touch them it feels as if you're touching my arm but it's weird because these are new arms that I know I didn’t have before. And suddenly now it feels as if it's always been there.” 

“Oh I have something like that as well, I can feel things with this new thing since I got it when I became a magical girl.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I think I know what you mean with the feeling something new but my thing is not like anything I’ve ever felt before. I call it Super Sense™!”

“Ummm… I think your name needs some work.”

“Don’t worry I’ll come up with a better one later, for now I’ve been training it!”

Jade internally frowns, “But I already trademarked it.”

“So, can your Super Sense™ feel me, right now?”

“Yes but if I focus too much on it I get a headache, but the more I practice the less the head aches become.”

“Can you describe what I feel like then?”

“No, I can't really describe it. It is not something I’ve ever felt before I became a magical girl. How long have you had these arms for anyways before I came?”

“I don’t know, I only realized I had them the same time as you did.”

“So you don’t know how you got them?” Molie tilts her arms and head in a natural questioning manner.

“Nope.”

“That’s strange.”

“Do you know where that wolf came from?” Molie inquires further.

“No, why?”

“Well I am clearly a mutant so my new arms and that wolf might have the same origins, like a nuclear waste dump. I’m like those superheroes on TV and will need to gain a secret identity!” 

“No, clearly you are a magical girl like me and these are the forces of evil trying to take over the world.”

Molie grumbles before saying “Well either way I need to hide my power and we need to know where that thing came from. Do you have any other leads?”

“Yeah, I’ve been fighting off some evil creatures that have been appearing in these woods for like 3 weeks.”

“You’ve been fighting monsters for 3 weeks?! How many people know about this?” 

“Just you and me.”

“You’re an idiot Jade. We need to tell someone about this. People could get hurt if one of these guys leaves the woods and attacks them like they attacked me.”

Jade felt strangely happy about that name even while it was being used to insult her. Jade slowly irks out a reasonable explanation for her inaction, “Iiiiiii…… mean who would believe me. Oh look! A monster just started showing up in the woods. No one would take me seriously and the monsters would still be a problem.”

“Well we need to do something to stop people like me from wandering in and getting hurt,” Molie lightly bites her thumb as she thinks about what to do in contemplation that Jade thinks looks adorable.

“Hmmm. Maybe we could put up some posters around to tell people to stay away?”

“You know that’s a great idea! Let’s go get some papers!” Jade has already grabbed Molie’s hand to leave the clearing towards her house and Molie yells while being dragged, “WAIT HOW AM I GOING TO GO BACK TO TOWN WITH THESE ARMS!”

“Don’t worry it’ll be fine.” Jade says without a lick of worry.

The two have just left the forest and Molie anxiety is spiking through the roof when the first adult crosses them. She’s an elderly woman walking towards the forest’s main trail in a hiking outfit. “Cool costumes you girls got there!” Molie looks like she’s about to shit bricks. Jade on the other hand, smiling ear to ear, cheerily yells,“Thanks! I’m the Magical Girl Jade and this is my trusty partner Magical Girl Molie!” Molie’s anxiety spikes so high she freezes solid but Jade keeps dragging her along with little effort. They continue through the town’s back streets with similar comments being thrown their way as no one seems to find much wrong with two little girls dressed up in the middle of summer. Even a nosy married couple doesn’t assume the truth. “Those two girls are dressed up when it isn’t even Halloween, how strange. What kind of parents let them act so strangely in public?” “Come on, they're just simply having fun. It’s been awhile since we’ve got to do a little bit of dress up in the bedroom,” the other says with a husky voice. Jade wonders what kind of dress up is done in the bedroom. Molie eventually remembers that she can fold her secondary arms back into her shirt so she looks more natural. “Huh I’m going to have to find a way to explain the holes in the shirt later,” Molie grouses. 

Eventually they arrive at Jade’s house and as Jade is about to touch the door, her mind flashes back to that day 3 weeks ago, and she hesitates, Because the demons think that by pretending to be a girl the others won’t notice and they can get away with their boy-like desires. They even tell other boys that being a girl is better than being a boy and lie to them” Jade feels like one of the monster rabbits is wringing her neck.

17