4-2 ; the spooby bit
548 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry we was so late, I've somehow become the leader of a small group of rebel fighters and have been tasked with destroying a planet-sized installation by firing a proton torpedo into its exhaust port. But we will try to get the next chapter up much sooner.

 

 

 

Behold! Before Jade lies a warehouse sized room. Large open spaces with futuristic glows and metal lining every surface. And at the center is what appears to be a massive glowing chasm of earth. When she peers in she sees a large antenna embedded upside down  into ground, the struts slowly accumulating a small glow as they approach the top that pulses in time with the glow of the wires running from it. The wires were connected to large machines and what appears to be a power transformer. From the machines, Jade can feel her super sense pulse in time with the glow. The pleasant buzz is constant and peaking everytime the earth gives its soft ethereal grumbles. “Huh, this must be like ASMR for my super sense.” 

 

Looking further around the room, Jade sees a number of doors lining the walls near the back. She walks over, opening the closest one. Inside is an initially surprisingly plain room compared to the massive sight outside: books lie around here and there, chairs and tables, and a large board displaying text. It would be almost normal to be found in such a technologically advanced setting. However the text was made of symbols that Jade had never seen before. Some were complex with many lines and curves, others simple with few parts. The books and board were incomprehensible to her and as she quickly scanned through them for familiarity she found not a speck of english. In the middle of the room was a desk with strange looking tools and a screen paired with a keyboard and mouse using the same kind of text that fills the room. Although the strange computer had unfamiliar ergonomics it at least resembled a computer. It had many ports with some having wires that go in into rods that point up into the air as if actively reading the environment itself. Jade’s stupor upon finding what appears to be a bunker from the technological future results in her bumping into the desk of the computer, awakening it and a loud ping rings through the air. Jade stills, looking at the rod from the computer and gasps as a blue light flashes and blinds her momentarily. The computer is now churning out text after having flashed the light but once again Jade cannot read any of it. “Hmmm, if this is a computer from the future this should be the enter key right?” pressing the key, a small beep is made from the computer but the text continues to churn. It before long suddenly changes to what appears to be a prompt asking for a password. Jade goes up to the computer attempting to login with no luck being stuck on the screen with no progress in sight she moves on to the next room.

Hours of exploration pass with all kinds of baubles and futuristic looking technology peeking her interest but most of it has been properly protected by a variety of passwords/security making them inaccessible to Jade. She gets to the final room but somehow even standing outside it gives off a foreboding energy, that isn’t her supersense for once. She sees scuff marks and patches of red lining the frame.

Opening the door, she sees a hallway lined with even more doors. On one hand she is very pleased to discover that there is more to the strange futuristic place, on the other hand she has already spent more than a few hours looking around and is now considering leaving it for another day, maybe even bringing Molie. Its with this that she decides one more door and she’ll leave for the day. She taps on the door’s surface and it slides open in a smooth fashion and Jade screams at the top of her lungs at the sight she sees. “IT'S A SKELETON!!!!” A fleshless skeleton lies on the floor in ripped rags of what appears to be robes. Jade sprints with echoing steps outside of the facility making it up the stairs, out the cave, and far down back the path she came from. She only halts her movement when she stands by her training spot.

Jade’s heaving breaths are all she focuses on as her mind is jumbled and scrambled by the sight that she saw. She slowly calms down ‘You are a magical girl; magic girls are not scared of anything. You are a magical girl; magical girls are not scared of anything…’. After a few minutes of repeating her mantra her breathing is back to normal, the memory in her head has started to fade from scary to creepy, causing her to shiver more than make her heart race. “I want to talk to Molie about this.” Jade walks towards Molie’s house.

Molie’s house comes into view as the sun is dipping the sky into an orange glow, “Huh, I must have been out in the forest for longer than I thought.” Her breath has finally come down and Jade contemplates what she saw, “The entire experience was weird, not only is there this random magical outpost in the middle of the woods but there was even a skeleton! I wonder if anyone else knows about it and is keeping it a secret?” Jade mulls over the possibilities surrounding the hideout before she knocks on the door 

and Molie opens it. “Hi Jade! What’s going on? You seem to be thinking about something intense.” Jade unfurls from her concentrated posture, “I was thinking about a cool spot I found in the forest. It might be a secret so we need to go up to your room.” “Ok, let's head up now!”

The two discuss the outpost.

 “That sounds scary.” Molie said. “I know.” Jade flops onto Molie’s bed, emotionally exhausted. “Why do you think it was there?” Jade replied. “Well we need to investigate and beat up the evil genius who runs the lab. He’s probably the one who’s been making those monsters that keep roaming the forest and attacking us occasionally.” “Why do you think it's an evil genius?” “Because that’s how these things work.” “No, it's probably a demon lord lab. Who else sends out the monsters who attack people to create fear, and then feed off the negative emotions to grow stronger.” “Sure it is, JADE.” Molie sarcastically remarks. “Well there is only one way to find out. Let's go and search the cave!”

4