Chapter 16: Betrayal of loved ones
392 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Virin never knew his parents. The day he was born, he was left in front of an orphanage.

The orphanage management was always apathetic to the children and only saw these children as products, that could be sold to an adopting family, for some cash.

Since his young age, Virin had a frail structure for a child his age. Hence not even a single couple was interested in adopting him.

As he grew up, his only wish was that someone would love him.

He started attending a missionary school after reaching the age, he saw that the parents of one of his classmates would shower him with love and affection when he achieved the first rank.

Even the teacher praised him for working hard and scoring well.

That day Virin decided that he'll study hard, so he could at least get some kind of affection from anyone.

He worked hard, burning the midnight lamp for days, and gave up his other hobbies.

Finally, the results for his 3rd standard examination were out and he had achieved the top scores.

He was happy and was waiting for someone to praise him. His teacher, his caretaker, or even his classmates.

But on the day they were handing out the results, he was given a termination letter from the school authorities.

He was shell-shocked because of what had happened, the teacher announced the name of the top scorer and it was the same kid who achieved the first rank last time.

When the caretaker of the orphanage saw his termination letter, all Virin got was a thrashing from a drunkard.

While he was crying in the corner of his room, one of the kids came in and told him that the topper kid was the son of the someone from school authority and that's why Virin was handed over the termination letter. 

To prevent him from ruining that kid's record of being the topper of the class.

That was the first time, Virin was made aware of the crucial fact and the first lesson to society. The person with power and authority can dictate another's life.

Virin was given enrollment in another school and from that day his record of being the top ranker never broke.

But the more you achieve, the more others get jealous of you. Throughout his school life, he was bullied by his classmates.

Every single day, he would see his bullies going back to their mums with all smiles and how their mothers would look at them with a gaze filled with love.

Although he was the one who was getting bullied, he would always end up alone and his bullies were loved. 

Maybe he was in the wrong place? He would always think that. 

 

Then in middle school, he learned the concept of parallel worlds. He would always wish that he was born there, instead of living his current life.

As time passed by, Virin finally made it to college and even got a scholarship. He left his orphanage and finally moved to the dorms. 

There he met Mir, who was his roommate and the first person he ever thought to be his friend. Virin and Mir hit off early and they became good friends.

Then in his second year of college, a girl came and proposed to Virin, that she really liked him.

Till now he had only studied in an all-boys institution, so he had no idea, how to talk to girls let alone how to be in a relationship with one.

But with his friend's nudge and a little bit of pep talk, he started dating the girl.

Although his life so far has been a deficit of love and he was unaware, of how to react and respond to such feelings, he tried his best to reciprocate her feelings.

Though from time to time she would complain, that he was quite apathetic towards her and didn't often express his love.

While managing between classes and a part-time job, he would hardly get any time for her. But that was about to change.

He got selected for campus placement and was given the opportunity to work in a multi-national company.

He even bought a ring, to purpose to his girlfriend and went straight to his dorm room to show it to Mir.

Once he stood outside his room, he could hear the moaning of a woman. 

He was about to walk away, thinking Mir might have brought a girlfriend over, but his steps came to a halt when he heard Mir's voice.

"So when are you planning to tell Virin?" 

The girl while breathing heavily replied, "I don't care anymore and it wouldn't matter to him as well."

 

Virin very well knew who that voice belonged to, he had planned to meet her earlier but she postponed it, claiming that she is busy now.

"Man I hate doing this to him," said Mir.

"Please don't start with it. I've already been unable to tell him due to pity but our relationship can't go forward like this."

"He doesn't care about me or my feelings. It's like dating an emotionless puppet, who would only do something once I told him to."

"I plan to make it all clear today...aahhnnmm!" said the girl while moaning.

Virin started walking away. He controlled his urge to barge in and beat the shit out of the person, he once called a friend.

Today he learned his second lesson. Betrayal by the ones you loved, hurt more, than any number of punches delivered by the person you hate.

He went to a nearby wine shop and got himself a drink to help him with his pain and while gulping he kept walking.

While Virin was aimlessly walking on the road, it was already evening and the road he was walking on was bustling with women in revealing dresses.

He could hear them asking him if he needed their services but he ignored them. He was old enough to know that he was probably in a red-light area.

While he was walking he heard a charming voice calling him.

"Oye! Mr. Heart broken, want me to help you forget your pain?" 

He turned around and looked at a busty mature woman in a red velvet dress that hugged her body tightly, waving at him with a smile.

She must've been in her late twenties or early thirties. She had long black hair with slight curls that reached her waist.

Her brown eyes were filled with life and her supple lips adorned with a smile could melt anyone's heart.

"Oh! It seems I caught your attention. Hehehe!" she started giggling after Virin was looking at her.

She locked her arms around Virin's and said coyly, "Why don't you take this lovely lady on a date?"

Virin nodded while he was lost in her beautiful eyes and sultry voice, which was intoxicating him.

He had read about the sirens, who would charm the sailors and lead them to their destruction.

He would think how someone can be stupid, but today he found out why.

Before he stood the siren and he couldn't even muster the idea to reject her.

"I hate to do this, but you have to pay first," she said while sticking her tongue out with a teasing expression.

Virin put his hand in his pocket and remembered that he didn't have any cash left.

There was just a box left in his pocket, which he took out and placed in her palm.

She opened the box and found a plain gold ring inside without any gem, but she knew that it wasn't cheap. 

Even without a gem, gold was gold. It was ten times the amount she would be generally paid for the night.

"Ehhhh?" her eyes open wide.

"No! no! no!.... I can't t-ake t-his," she stuttered while panicking.

"It has no use for me now. You can keep this," he said while pushing it into her palm.

Her eyes were looking at him with shock, but soon they became gentle and she said, "Come I'll take you the heaven!"

They started walking.....

[A/N: Another bonus chapter after this because I'm feeling generous today.

6