Quiet day
600 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Shirou's pov)

After my usual training session with Lancer, it was time to return home. My body was sore as always, but it meant that my training was effective.

As I was getting closer to home, I got to see a mansion in front of my house. It's really impressive to be able to build something of this size in just one day. Money does wonders, I guess.

"I'm home."

I finally returned, and the first thing on my mind was to take a shower.

"Welcome back, Shirou." Sella welcomed me. She was glaring at me, trying to remind me that it was her turn to cook today, and I jokingly raised my hands to show my surrender. I must have also shown her my smirk by 'accident' since she wasn't happy with my gesture.

To be honest, I'm grateful that she is taking care of the house since it allows me to train longer and all.

Being free of my responsibility of making food, I went to take a shower as planned. A cold shower after a workout is the best.

(3rd's pov)

A lonely man experienced today something that he didn't experience in a long time. He got a glimpse of his past, or that's what he assumes. He isn't sure of that himself.

He got to remember a certain purple-haired woman. He didn't know her too well, but for some reason, she was stuck in his mind right now.

He felt pity for this woman. He didn't know her while he was alive, but he knew about her well enough. Her legend was a very famous one, after all. He even was forced to kill her a few times. Nothing personal. It was just a mission, and his hands were tied, but thankfully these days were over.

In honor of her memory, he decided to find yet another weapon. It took some time, but he managed to do it as he tends to do.

He was standing in front of a pair of nameless daggers attached to a long chain. Though it would be more accurate to call it a nail than a dagger. Unlike a lot of weapons here, this pair of daggers were not a Noble Phantasm, but they are still durable and valuable weapons. These daggers are a reflection of her inner character, whatever that means. If that man needed to guess, he would say she was feeling chained to her fate.

She had a similar mindset to his own. He also felt chained before but thankfully not anymore.

The man grabbed the daggers and took a few swings. He barely used these daggers before, so he didn't have too much experience with them, although they are similar to Kanshou and Bakuya.

Nothing he can do about it right now. Even if he trains with them right now, he wouldn't have a chance to use it. He also dislikes fighting even if he is forced to use the skills that he developed during his life more often than he would like to, but that's life. Not everything is a bed of roses, and neither is it full of thorns, but not some people have more roses than others. In truth, everyone has different experiences, and some people have it worse than others, and the lonely man wasn't one of the lucky ones. 

No, it would be more accurate to say that his choices were the cause of most of his problems, not that he remembers that.

(Shirou's pov)

Once again, I experienced the 'dream'. Though some time has passed since the last one.

*Sigh* Why can't life be easier. Let's see...

After school, I have club activities to calm my nerves. I also will visit the tea ceremony club since they asked me about my opinion of their, you guessed it, tea. Then after I fill my stomach with some delicious food, I'll go to the spot under the bridge at the park to help with the Caster card, or rather I'll advise them to not do it immediately and go train first a bit. I suspect that they'll not listen to me.

I also could go and fight against Medea by myself, but Illya and Miyu need to get some fighting experience, and since it's not too dangerous, I can allow it this time. It also allows me to have an 'I told you so' moment, so I don't see any harm in letting them lose.

It's pretty ironic that, as a guy with amnesia, I remember the events that I read about over 2 years ago in such detail.

---

I walked downstairs after my daily hygiene routine to be welcomed by my very sweet kohai.

"Good morning, senpai!"

Sakura had already started preparing breakfast. Seeing how fast and swiftly she was cutting the ingredients, I couldn't help but let a small smile.

Sakura tilted her head slightly. "Did something happen, senpai?"

I shook my head. "No, I just got to remember how clumsy you were at the beginning, and look at you now, handling a knife with such ease."

Hearing that, Sakura got embarrassed.

"S-senpai, please stop saying that! I still have a lot to learn, and my cooking isn't as good as yours." She was clearly happy about the compliment. 

"You are just too humble." I walked up to her and put my hand on her head.

"You really like doing that. I saw you patting Illya-chan's head, too, but you can't do that to everyone, senpai. You can't touch a girl's hair like that. You will send the wrong signals..." The last part, she said quietly.

"Well, you don't need to worry about that since my headpats are not that cheap." I roughed her hair a bit.

"Senpai, stop! You'll ruin my hair!"

I didn't listen, and Sakura pouted the whole way to school. She was pretending to be mad, so I would feel a little bit guilty, but I knew that the smallest sign of remorse from me would be enough to break her facade.

"By the way, Sakura, have you heard that we suddenly got a pair of transfer students?"

Hearing my question, Sakura tensed. I wanted to see her reaction to Rin's name to see if they're related here as well, but it seems that I didn't even need to do that. Rumors spread like fire in the school.

I feel bad doing that, but it was important information to have.

Sakura managed to smile without any sign of discomfort on her face. She is too great of a liar. Even I have problems seeing through her lies sometimes.

"Yes, I heard that they are both beautiful girls. You need to be careful around them. You tend to attract both girls and troubles."

I raised my eyebrow.

I don't think that I did something worth her worries.

"I don't think that I attract either..." Wait, Issei told me that there was a fan club dedicated to me, and I have luck worthy of being E-rank, but I still don't think that I showed my troublemaker side too much.

"Senpai... don't you remember that shortly after you joined the archery club, some boys were very forward with the girls. If I remember correctly, one day, you went to the rooftop with these boys, and after 5 minutes, you returned as if nothing happened, but they either quit the club, or their behavior improved drastically."

Oh, right... something like that did happen. They were annoying during my time in the club, so I had a 'talk' with them.

At least now, not a lot of people bother me at school.

I said my goodbyes to Sakura and started yet another day at school.

---

END

Discord server: https://discord.gg/HB2DweuG4J

29