Prologue
926 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tokyo, at a particularly dilapidated street at 9 PM, a young man in his high school uniform jacket was seen walking amidst the not-so-brightly lit lamp's street, as he kept watching his phone screen in frustation several times along the way.

[...Installing Pandora... Progress at 90%... 91%...]

[Please wait for a bit until the installation is finished.]

"Damn, I don't think that strange notification will direct me to download this suspicious app! Frustratingly, to think that I can't cancel the installation after clicking it, hais... Really, I am really scammed by the ad this time. Hahh, I will just uninstall it later after it finishes the installation." Rafi thought as he kept walking to his house, while thinking about his dinner for the night.

As he was alone in the house almost all-year around because his parent were working overseas again just a year after they transferred to Tokyo and he just enrolled as second year student at Tennouzu High School. That's why he needed to take care of himself and the house while his parent were away.

Because of his insistence, his parent decided to let him continuing his study in Tennouzu High School as he was left alone in house, saying that they wanted to train him to live independently, while they would visit him occasionally to check on him and spend some family times together.

He was left to take care of himself, though his parent still gave him a monthly allowance, just enough for his living and study expenses and some small entertainments, as his parent didn't want him to indulge himself in extravagance despite their ability.

Though, little did his parent knew, that he was eventually captivated by animes, webnovels and light novels as he then decided to take part-time jobs to support his hobbies. Because his allowance didn't nearly enough for him to fulfill his hobbies as anime lover and a writing enthusiast.

As a result, he didn't have that much connection to other people, beside his several close friends, as his times was divided between his study, part-time works, hobbies, and little was left for gathering with his friends around his age. Even so, much to other's surprises, his grades never failed to place first among his year, even in such a prestigious school where it was filled with brimming talents of heirs and heiress from various companies and establishments from across the country, despite that he was known as a 'thrash' enthusiast, as an anime lover didn't get a favourable looks by other people.

After walking for around 15 minutes, Rafi finally arrived at home as he quickly cleaned himself and the house, while preparing dinner after that as he kept glancing at the notification on his phone several times.

[...Installing Pandora... Progress at 98%... 99%...]

Remembering the strange notification that appeared on his phone when he was in his club room, literature research club, he couldn't help smiling wryly to himself as it was really a fool of himself to fall for such obvious clickbait.

"What the heck is that scamming ad, saying that I can get everything that I want through it. Did my brain was confused by daydreaming about her so much that my intelligence fell so low to fall for such cheap trick?! Ultimately, that is just a clickbait after all, Ahh!!"

His phone screen still showed the installation progress at 99% as he was having his dinner.

"... it is kinda boring waiting for this scamming app installation, better to watch the continuation of that anime. Although Fatty already told me about the ending, such a low-move to spoil my enthusiasm, but I still want to get the feel of its last episode myself!! Damn you Fatty Hinata, I will get you back for it later!" Rafi thought somewhat angrily as he went to play the Blue-ray DVD of Valvrave The Liberator anime on the LCD TV, as he the watched its last episode while having dinner.

*Ding*

A loud notification from his phone sounded loudly as his attention then turned to his phone screen.

[Installation is finished. Begin Initiating the Pandora System.]

[Beginner Gift Pack has been sent to Participant's inventory.

Gift Pack :
1. Weapon (lightsaber)
2. EXP 350
3. Pandora Points 3000

Please utilize Participant's Beginner Gift Pack wisely.]

[Scanning of Participant, Serial No. 966001 is ongoing.]

"Huh, the wait is still not over?! And Beginner Pack? Like I thought, this is some kind of game, maybe I will play it for a bit before uninstalling it later if it is really a disappointing game."

*Ding*

[Detected two innate skills on Participant No. 966001.]

[Would Participant like to awaken the latent skills by spending Pandora Points?]

New notifications appeared on his phone as a [Yes and No] choices was displayed.

"Hehe, this game sure is interesting. Maybe this is a new kind of prank? Well, it is only a game after all, why not? Just awaken it. But, does my initial Points of 3000 are enough??" Lightly choosing the option [Yes], Rafi murmured as he waited for the game to start, as he thought that it was preparing his in-game character.

"!!"

"AHH!! Where is this severe headache coming from?!!"

A severe bout of headache assaulted his mind while his body kept becoming hotter at each passing times as smokes started coming out from him, as though he was steamed alive in a hot sauna.

While he was tethering in the state between conscious and unconscious because of the pain, he faintly heard his phone kept giving additional notifications that were strangely clearly audible, as though it was directly sent to his mind.

*Ding*

[Successfully awakened the innate skill Mystic Eyes, Empyrean Eye.]

*Ding*

[Unable to awaken the innate skill ??? due to insufficient Points and Attributes.]

*Ding*

[Participant will be sent to first Dungeon World : Valvrave The Liberator in 30 minutes.]

[Participant is entitled to choose sides firstly for the mission. Sides :

1. Dorssia Military Pact Federation
2. Atlantic Rim United States (ARUS)
3. Japan and Island of Oceanian Republic (JIOR)

Please choose wisely.]

"...hah...hah... what are those choices?? It is another kind of pranks of the game? Ugh... But if I am told to choose, then it will be JIOR, because I really want to kick Haruto for dying in the end, just as things almost take a good turn for him... and those coward, ungrateful students that are still being protected even after they betray Haruto and his company, I really want to kick their butts really hard...

Huft... huft... but, how can my body is really tired... Have I eaten a strange food? I don't think so... but then the notification said that 'I' have awakened a skill, is there a connection between this game and the pain from earlier? Hmmm..."

*Ding*

[Chosen Side : Japan and Island of Oceanic Republic (JIOR)]

[Basic Mission : Kill 20 people of opposite sides within 24 hours and survive through the Assault within the above time limit.]

"Hmm, killing people of opposite sides,... well, it is easy enough for a game. A bit interesting."

[Complete the Basic Mission to return to Real world and be acknowledged as true Participant of Pandora System.]

[Failure to complete the Basic Mission, Participant status will be revoked and erasure of Participant's existence.]

"Hmm, Real world? Erasure of existence? ...This... this is some kind of joke right?? It is not like those transported to other world web novels?! This is just a game, yeah, these all strange notifications are only my hallucination because of the pain from earlier. Yup, let's just take a nice sleep. Things will be back to normal again tomorrow."

As Rafi clapped his palm on the seemingly 'enlightened' pose or you may called it like he was running from reality, Rafi then started to go to his bedroom when he felt his body seemed like being pulled by an unknown force into a black hole that appeared unknowingly behind him.

"Shit... this is really real isn't it!!!" His scream sounded loudly inside his lone house as it then started disappearing following the disappearance of that mysterious black hole.

[Good Luck on your mission, Serial No. 966001.]

[May you find what you seek for inside Pandora.]

.....

9