Basic Mission (part. 2)
509 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Rafi arrived at the school ground, he was greeted by the scene of Valvrave I that just got out of the pool, revealing a large red humanoid Mecha with two pairs of wing-like green structures on its back.

"Good, I have arrived on time." When he saw Valvrave I, he smiled a happy smile mixed with somewhat prideful feeling, as piloting a Mecha was one of young boy's dreams. Although many could only dream about it, but now he got a chance to actually pilot a real Mecha.

He quickly went to the cockpit as then he was greeted by a question on its screen with Pino, as its AI, was smiling to him while displaying the said question.

[Do you resign as a human being?]

[Yes] or [No]

Seeing those choices, he didn't hesitate to choose [Yes] as it was his choice already. After that, two needle-like things pricked his neck as large amount of information were flooding his mind.

As it did so, his bloodline of [Homo Sapien Novus(Temporary)] changed into bloodline of [Magius(Temporary)] as it was shown on his [Status].

'Hah...hah... so this is why... somehow those students could pilot Valvraves fluidly as though they have practiced it for a long time, despite that they are actually a beginner... these Valvrave machines actually also gives its pilots an advanced knowledge about piloting when they turn them into artificial Magius...'

When he was already inside the cockpit and activated Valvrave I, he noticed that Saki Rukino was running in his direction, approaching his current place while the six Mechas of Dorssia finally noticed Valvrave I and started going to circle him.

At some distance away from Rukino, he also saw that the group of Haruto, Shoko, Aina, and Inuzuka were going to his direction.

'Ah, this girl, why is she still here after I have given her that warning?! Ugh, and those people, do you want to die that badly by coming here?!' He couldn't help to lament at the fact that they still went to this place even after he gave her a reminder before.

Although, it was unknown to him, that Saki Rukino didn't tell his message to others and decided arbitrarily, in her curiosity, to follow him running in his direction.

As he was thinking about it, two of Dorssia's Manned Waffe Mechas pointed their weapons at him, preparing to shoot him to immobilize him. Unfortunately though, if they really shot him, Saki Rukino would be right at the place to receive its residual blast...

'Shit, don't they know there is a civilian here?!' Rafi quickly piloted Valvrave I as he appeared in front of her, covering her with Valvrave's hand, his back facing the shots directly, just right when they fired their shots at him.

The Valvrave's heat parameter was rapidly approaching 25/100 after he was shot, while some residual impact could be felt directly inside the cockpit as he was shot directly at the back.

'I can't allow them to fire anymore, before the heat parameter reach 60, I need to eliminate them first and going outside the Module. That place will be my true battlefield.

Now, about her,... I can't really leave her to die here. Especially, when I don't think I can protect her from stray fire while fighting them. Hm, okay, let's do that then.'

After scooping her from the ground, then he opened his cockpit as he brought her inside it before he quickly closed the cockpit and stood up to fly midair when Dorssia's Mechas were about to fire another shots at him, thus evading several laser beams.

"Why don't you follow my advice and go into hiding with the others?! Now look, you are almost dead just because you've decided to follow me, aren't you!" Looking at fear and panic plastered on her face, Rafi couldn't help saying angrily to her in his worry, as he couldn't bear watching her to die.

Even if she was only a character in a Dungeon world, but his several hours prior interactions with those characters made him feel that they were similarly alive, like him, despite that both he and they were each from different worlds.

Although he already steeled himself to kill people, but that resolve was only for his enemies, his targets to kill. As he knew that this world was a survival test for him, he only wanted to finish his Basic Mission quickly, without investing much feelings inside this world. Even so, seeing that she was about to die, he couldn't help to feel guilty as she was not supposed to die at this time, and it might be because of her interaction with her that changed her supposed 'fate'.

"I... I am sorry..." Traces of fear and panic were still on her face as Saki Rukino couldn't help saying weakly to him while seemed downcast...

Seeing her expression, he thought that his words might be too harsh on her, knowing that she just brushed with death.

"Sigh... You just need to wait here for a bit, Rukino-san. Let me handle them first." After saying that, he put his attention back to his enemies on midair, as he was unable to see her gratified and surprised looks on her face as her fear faded gradually.

Activating Hand Afterglow of Valvrave I, he deflected enemy's shots as he brought Fold Sickle on his left hand and Z-Edge Blade on his right hand. Using his superior speed, red light of Afterglow flashed inside enemy rank, fluidly cutting them through their back using Z-Edge Blade.

+Exp 10, Points 10

+Exp 10, Points 10

+Exp 10, Points 10

+Exp 10, Points 10

Strings of notification rang directly inside his mind as he ignored them temporarily, and continued to slice the enemies in front of him.

When a Mecha was successful blocking his first attack, he used Fold Sickle to slice enemy's Mecha, bypassing its frontal shield to attack directly on its back.

At the end of fight inside Module 77, he got additional 60 Exp and Points, while his targets to kill were left with 14 people.

Heat Parameter 55/100

Heat Parameter 57/100

'Good, this is enough for awhile before I unleash Harakiri Blade in the end.' Rafi thought as he prepared to fly toward the breach made by Dorssia's Mechas previously.

"Where are you going, Rafi? Have not you won already?" Rukino asked him puzzledly as he piloted Valvrave I flying outside Module 77. Her fear faded already as she was back to her usual personality, cold looks on her expression while her eyes shone with cheerful gleam.

"...since Dorssia has given us such a greeting, it is unbecoming of me to not give them a 'special gift' in return." He gave her a mysterious smile as he arrived outside Module 77, to the vast outer space.

"Wahh... so, this is a true outer space..! There are many stars inside it..!!" Saki Rukino said happily as she watched the space full of stars from inside the cockpit.

Even so, ahead of him at several distance away, there were a fleet of Dorssia's military spacecrafts waiting just outside periphery of JIOR's Dyson Sphere. Ten huge spacecrafts of Dorssia Military Pact Federation were hovering in outer space, with hundreds of manned and unmanned Waffe Mechas were around their periphery.

Upon spotting Valvrave I coming out of Module 77, a squadron of manned Waffe Mechas approached him in order to take it down, as it was one of their goal in attacking JIOR, a new super weapon that JIOR produced in secret as its arsenal.

"Wait, wait! You are not thinking of fighting them aren't you, Rafi?! This is not a bravery, this is a madness, Rafi!" Rukino asked him in disbelief as she also tried to persuade him, in case he was mad enough to fight such amount of enemies.

"Unfortunately, I am really a bit mad right now, Rukino-san. So, sit tight, and brace for the impact, hehe." As his smile was tinged with bloodlust, Rafi quickly urged Valvrave I to meet incoming squadron of Waffe Mechas in confrontation, cutting them down

"If-if I die here, I will not let you off, Rafi. Really, even after we are in underworld..." Rukino could only sighed helplessly as she knew that he wouldn't listen to her words after she saw his cold smile toward the incoming enemies.

"..." His silence only made her to feel more frustrated as she tried to hold herself.

Although then, strangely, his confidence assured her that everything would be fine in the end, that they wouldn't die at the current moment, and safely passed the seemingly insurmountable hurdles in front of them.

Even if it was absurd, but she somehow just got that feeling, that he knew what he was doing, and he could do it to get a better result for them.

It was just that strange feeling, but it was already showed that his confidence slightly rubbed on her, calming her despite the critical situation that they faced currently.

Heat Parameter 60/100

Heat Parameter 62/100

As a squadron of Dorssia's forces neared them, Valvrave I's heat parameter kept increasing, albeit slowly, even when it was staying still.

Seeing that the enemies already entered his attack range, Valvrave I suddenly accelerated, piercing directly into enemy's middle rank as it slashed and cut every Waffe Mechas around its track.

Its superior speed allowed it to maneuver fluidly inside enemy's encirclement, evading their shots, and keep cutting their numbers down.

*Ding*

[Participant no. 996001 completes the Basic Mission.]

Several notifications rang clearly inside his head as he ignored them temporarily, and focused on his current battle.

Not long after that, Valvrave I cleanly annihilated the squadron as its Heat Parameter finally reached 100/100.

At that point, the heat parameter kept increasing steadily, quickly toward new limit of 666. While Dorssia's army was slightly stunned by its performance and its sudden stillness, thinking that it was another tactic of Valvrave I, as they observed it for a while from a distance.

Although, even if it was true that Rafi prepared another trick for them, but their decision to keep a wait-and-see attitude gave him a chance to wait until Valvrave I's Heat Parameter reached its maximum number of 666 in several minutes.

When the Heat Parameter was charged full at 666, a bright golden light engulfed Valvrave I as it covered the Valvrave from head to toe, turning it into a golden Mecha.

The transformation startled Dorssia as they felt that it was another trick, and they were glad that they didn't fall for it.

Though, their happiness didn't last long until Rafi used Harakiri Blade to decimate almost half of Dorssia's stationed fleet in outer space.

*Ding*

[Participant no. 966001 completes the Basic Mission.]

[Participant no. 966001 is entitled to leave Dungeon World at any given moments.]

9