Raid
283 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their trip to Romania didn't take a long time as they arrived approximately four hours later in the Association's temporary base at Bucharest, Romania.

Under the order of leading magus from the Association, the group of around 80 people formed several teams consisting around 3-5 people, and were told to move separately as a small team to stealthily reach Trifas, the headquarter of Yggdmillenia family.

It was told that the movement of a large team would easily alarmed Yggdmillenia, and they had better chance to infiltrate if they moved within smaller teams.

'...this doesn't seem right. Isn't it better if they focus their manpower at one point?'

Although he felt something amiss from their current mission, it was still an order from the Association. Unless he wanted to stick out and be put on their radar, he didn't really have a choice beside accepting that arrangement. He lightly glanced at other Participants and noticed that they have quietly formed their own small teams.

He was approached by both Rin and Luvia as they simultaneously invited him, while both women also glared daggers at each other. In their plan, they would invite Rafi and one other magus to form a three-man team.

However, rather than confusing himself with unknown magus, Rafi firmly said that he would rather have both of them as his team members, 'persuading' them to reconcile for the duration of mission. In the end, after another round of argument, Rin and Luvia finally agreed to his proposal while still grudgingly stared at each other.

It was because, after witnessing his previous battle, they trusted his ability and personality more than other magus present on the scene. Besides, although both women didn't see eye to eye, they actually recognized each other's strength.

Thus, under gentle radiance of the moonlight, that starless night was bound to be a restless one as their raid teams finally set out, moving quickly to Trifas with their own methods.

...

Deep within the Association's temporary base, there was a hidden underground base large enough to contain even hundreds of people.

Inside it, there was a group of fifty people who were waiting calmly while finishing their own preparation.

"Have they went ahead, Prof. Rocco Belfeban?"

"It's going as planned. Some of them have even started to fight against Yggdmillenia's defense mechanism.

How is the matter you promised on your end, Bram Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri?"

"Don't worry, we have finished gathering enough catalysts, although we still need to verify their related legend."

"I guess it's still a bit hasty huh. It's fine, let's start the next phase already." Prof. Rocco Belfeban said as he looked at the elite group assembled by the Association.

All of them were magus on the same rank of Instructors at the Clock Tower, with great enough experience in dealing both magus and magical creatures, well-versed in their own magecraft and ruthless enough to ensure the completion of mission.

Although, there were two people among those elites who still got him a headache; the daughter of one of the Lord from the Association, and a priest representative from the Church.

Even if those two people behaved well within the team, and they had considerable battle experience, their mere existence still made his mind somewhat tightened as their death would likely land him into a heap of troubles.

...

Around half an hour later, when their team was already quite far from temporary base, Rafi stopped on his track when they arrived on a rather sparse area, at the forest bordering a small town.

"Why are we stopping?" Rin asked, puzzled.

"Do any of you know about concealment magecraft?" Rafi didn't reply to Rin as he turned to ask both Rin and Luvia.

Hearing him, both women looked at each other as they understood his meaning. A competitive spirit could immediately seen within their eyes as they replied in unison.

""I know.""

While also seemingly showing their intention to not backing down, they looked at him intently.

"...huu, you two shouldn't bicker about this, as I fear one of you won't be enough for the task. I will help with your mana consumption." Rafi said sincerely as his face twitched awkwardly when he saw their questioning look.

"There's something strange within this mission, I want us to observe it first before doing anything reckless." Rafi replied while quietly added, 'It shouldn't be only me who feels this mission to be strange. Those people should also know...'

As only words might not be enough to convince them, Rafi took out the thing from his Inventory, causing a heavy blast of dust on its surrounding.

"So, how about working together on it?"

Both Rin and Luvia were still dumbfounded as they unconsciously nodded, agreeing with his words.

Just looking at that thing, they grimaced as they knew that it wouldn't be easy to cast the concealment magecraft on it, even more so if they really did it alone.

The way they look at Rafi became more strange as if they wanted to see through him, uncovering mysteries surrounding him. Though what they got was only his enigmatic smile, looking calmly at them.

When they have finished casting concealment magecraft on it, Rafi calmly grabbed both Rin and Luvia on their waist.

"Let me bring you to another sky journey, girls."

Ignoring their embarrassed cry, he brought both of them as he leaped into the cockpit of Valvrave I, and quickly activated it.

In contrast with the darkness inside the forest, a pair of green fluorescent wing gleamed sharply as Valvrave I flew higher to the sky, leaving the town and forest which kept getting smaller in their view.

...

Meanwhile, several battles have finally started in several places. Those magus from the raid team were fighting againts a team of homunculus and golems, when a person with quite peculiar attire showed up.

That person looked like a fully-equipped knight with a suit of silver armor, shiny silver sword on his belt and a shield on his left hand. The notable mark on him would be a sign of cross on his shield which resembled the mark of templar knight from previous centuries.

"...even if they are a group of heathen, it is still a sin to take their lives, as such thing is against the teaching of the Lord.

However, since I am bound by my oath, I will take this sin upon myself and grant them a quick and painless death. It is the very least I can do for them." The knight muttered softly as he looked at those magus with benevolence and pity.

As those magus destroyed Yggdmillenia's homunculus and golems, he sighed as he unsheathed his sword and raised it facing the sky.

Blue light flashed brightly from the tip of his sword as he chanted slowly,

"Let me shoulder these countless sin for a sinless future, let my body and soul be burn in the glory of the Lord.

[Light of Judgement]

May your soul be purified...".

A blue light instantly swept horizontally in the direction of those magus, easily passing through their body. There was no sign of injuries on them after that slash swept past them, though they stopped altogether, not moving an inch. There was no sign of fear or pain within their eyes before their body dropped down one by one, as if they didn't know that they have just died.

"It's a sin... a sin..." He sighed as he sheathed his sword and started to return to the Millennium Castle. Before he walked away, however, he glanced at a seemingly inconspicuous spot on the sky, thinking quietly, 'Is it just my imagination?'

In another location, a young man which looked around twenty years old, wearing a pair of glasses, with a black suit and black pant on him. He stood calmly as he faced several raid teams from the Association.

"Troublesome. Although it's just the way my contract goes, this is still too troublesome." He muttered lazily as he even managed to calmly read a light novel he usually brought along on him.

As he glanced at those incoming enemies, he slowly spoke,

"By my authority, by my blessing, let the fire of Underworld burns my enemies. [Hellfire]."

Instantly, a sea of black fire appeared amidst those magus, engulfing them thoroughly. Painful cries quickly resounded as they were burnt alive. Due to the fire's fearsome hot temperature, they quickly evaporated in seconds, reducing them only to a pile of ashes.

"Sigh... if only she isn't there, I won't be pushed to do these troublesome matters." He muttered to himself as he slightly shivered when remembering a certain blonde-haired young girl.

Within another area, that blond-haired young girl currently stood firmly as she faced a group of Participants and several teams of magus. Her invisible weapon was currently stabbed to the ground, though she was ready to wield it at any moment.

"You aren't allowed to pass from here onward. Please return." She said calmly.

Answering her was only a bout of silence, while some of them even prepared their own magecraft or skills.

"It looks like you won't listen to my warning. Then..."

Their fight couldn't even be said to be a battle as it ended in a flash. Several who surrendered were spared, while some who refused to back down were annihilated. Although, most Participants refused to give up and were eventually killed by her.

Before she returned, she slightly glanced at a certain spot on the sky as she smiled a little on its direction, and turned back to the Millennium Castle.

...

'Those Participants... they are formidable. And Claire, she actually appeared in this Dungeon world?! It looks like she also noticed my existence just now. I wonder if it will be better if I just join her side...' Rafi thought in surprise as he smiled wryly at his abrupt thought.

"Let's retreat from this place too. They aren't enemy at the level we can fight openly, Rin, Luvia..."

"En."

"...it's just, when did such strong magus appeared in Yggdmillenia family? Perhaps only people at the level of Grand magus may have a chance against them. Since when the Yggdmillenia family is this strong?" Rin muttered softly after she saw those three Participants.

Under the concealment magecraft, Valvrave I hovered high on midair as it looked at the state of battlefield.

Most of the Participants who came with him actually died, while some went into hiding and similarly watching the progress of the battle from afar.

Those who died looked like they wanted to bet their chance within the confusion of battle to infiltrate the castle. It was highly probable they intended to directly steal the Greater Grail or they had another compelling reason. While those who lived have mostly understood something about the mission, and chose a wait-and-see attitude.

As Claire already moved away from there, he quietly moved to another area as he didn't dare to follow Claire at the moment...

When their group of three arrived at another location, they saw a spear-wielding warrior sat atop his armored warhorse as he faced fifty elite magus from the Association.

"It looks like your guess was right, the Association really hid something from us." Rin said with a deep tone, feeling anger after she realized the Association's lie.

She was mostly furious at the Association for using such trick. As the Association actually used those magus who joined the raid team as a diversion for covering other team's movement, though their plan still ended up in failure.

Luvia too felt a chill on her heart as she thought that she might be one of those casualties if she really followed along with the Association's order, rushing blindly to attack Yggdmillenia family. After she saw the ability of those unknown magus, she knew that their current mission was a complete failure with a total defeat on their side.

Meanwhile, on the battleground below them, facing those people who dared to invade his territory, that warrior laughed in anger as he waved his hand and innumerable hot-red stakes appeared from numerous places on the ground.

Even those elites magus couldn't evade the sudden attacks as almost all of them were instantly pierced, skewered alive. Only a few among them barely managed to escape from the first round of attack. Among them there were two people who safely retreated, a young woman donned in Clock Tower's cloak and a man in priest outfit.

'Huh, aren't they??' He paused slightly when he saw those two people.

"Isn't she that annoying girl, Olga Marie? How can- ah, she must have used his father's influence huh." Luvia said in surprise when she saw Olga Marie was also on the battlefield.

"...so, what are you going to do, Rafi? I suggest that we save her, you know that it's worth a favor from one of the Lord." Luvia said, looking at him with a meaningful smile.

Although Rin would like to refute Luvia, but she too realized the implication if Olga Marie really died on the mission while they returned alive. Their days wouldn't fare better even if they stealthily returned to their own family. Trouble would soon or later came knocking on their door, it's just a matter of time.

"Heh... is there even anything to ask, Rin, Luvia?"

6