I messed it up…
309 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Few days later, within the office room of Head of Summoning Department.

"...did you just say you want that piece of stone, young man?"

"It's precisely what I said, prof. Rocco Belfeban. Beside that piece of stone though, I also ask the Association to give me two seat for learning magecraft here."

"Aren't you too bold huh? Did you think the Association was your family's property?" Prof. Rocco Belfeban sneered, looking coldly at the young man in front of him.

"It's not like my demand is too outrageous. Besides, you don't want 'that' matter to be known to other magus families, do you? Especially at these period of time...

I really wonder how those families will react to this, whether or not they will separate themselves from the Association and attach themselves to Yggdmillenia in return..."

That young man said indifferently, similarly looking coldly at the old magus. He silently circulated the mana inside himself as precaution in case that old fogey magus would try to silence him.

"Are you threatening me...? Do you actually dare to do it?" Along with his outburst, the mana inside his office slightly vibrated, seemingly on the verge of attacking that young man.

Prof. Rocco Belfeban's office could be said to be his little workshop in where he installed several defensive measures. It was his home turf. If he wanted to, he could immediately activate those defensive measures to attack his foe.

However, he couldn't really attack attack young man as he still felt several misgivings.

That young man's extent of power was still unknown, but being able to survive that mission which wiped out even the Association's elite magus proved that he was extraordinary, at least he had to have a trump card which allowed him to survive. Besides, that young man was also a Master representing the Mage's Association, he had saved the Animusphere's daughter, and also had the descendant of Edelfelt and Tohsaka as his accomplice. Even if he did silence that young man there, who would guarantee that those two girls wouldn't leak the secret in his stead?

Actually, the effectiveness of his threat depended on the situation. If it was in usual 'peaceful' time, even if they might end up being suspected, the Association could still come up with many excuses to cover up their previous ploy. While in this crucial period, they couldn't afford to plant another seed of suspicion into other magus families.

If some families really defected to the Yggdmillenia, although it wouldn't greatly injure their foundation, it would still shake them up. It was even more so when the Yggdmillenia was trying to usurp the Mage's Association as another legitimate Association for magus. If that matter ended up being exposed, who would dare to continue joining the Association? It was likely they would be afraid that the Association might make them another sacrificial victims for its own scheme.

'...his demands aren't too excessive actually, it doesn't even touch any of the Association's main interest.

Even if he didn't ask for it, the Association will still prepare his catalyst. This War greatly relates to the Association after all.

And if he just asked that Lord from Animusphere family, that man may give him a seat in the Astronomy Department for saving his daughter.

However, what baffled me was the fact that he knew I have that relic and directly asked for it. With that relic, he can likely summon a Saber Servant from those knights. It's not a big deal to give him that relic, as it doesn't have any use besides being a catalyst, however...'

Prof. Rocco Belfeban maintained his outburst for awhile before he was being silent gradually. His cold gaze slowly turned into pondering as he weighed those demands.

"Besides, if you agree to what I asked, I can tell you the details of that battle. Yggdmillenia's current strength isn't something you can guess, Prof. Rocco Belfeban."

Striking while the iron was hot, Rafi quickly added as he saw that Prof. Rocco Belfeban was still hesitating. His face was still expressionless as he then smiled mysteriously at the end of his sentence.

Hearing his words, Prof. Rocco Belfeban's vision congealed to him as a pressure within the room increased. In the end, that old magus slightly nodded, urging him to continue, silently agreeing to his demand.

Seeing Prof. Rocco Belfeban's silent agreement, it was then Rafi smiled as they began to discuss other related matters...

That evening, when he returned to Luvia's mansion after finishing his matters in the Association, Rafi was greeted by one of luxury image that men could hope for. In one rarest chance, he saw Rin Tohsaka dressed as a maid, opening the door for him. Even if she was grinding her teeth in frustation while she welcomed him with a clearly forced smile, it was still a feast for his eyes to appreciate her beauty in maid form.

"Ack. And here I thought it was that dumbo who came back."

He tried hard to stifle his laugh by averting his sight from her and continued walking to Rukino's room. However, when he passed by her, he really couldn't help to let out a small laugh when he saw her trembling from embarrassment.

"...um, it looks good on you, Tohsaka."

"Shut up. No one's asking your opinion. And don't you dare to tell others on it, you understand?!" Rin said furiously, her face flushed red, feeling embarrassed at the 'humiliation' she got from Luvia.

"Sure, sure, I will keep this secret to myself."

"...ugh, it's that dumbo's fault. Why do our treatment differ so much when our situation is pretty much similar?!" Rin grumbled angrily when he saw the smirk on his face. If not for the fact she was penniless when she ran away from home, she wouldn't be subjected to such embarrassing situation.

When she saw that he wanted to immediately go to the room Rukino was in, she couldn't help calling out to him as she softly reminded him,

"She hasn't woken up yet. I did a checkup on her before, and she has actually recovered most of her mana. I just don't know why she hasn't woken up yet..."

From her words, Rafi could hear Rin's concern for Rukino. Even if they haven't known each other for long, it looked like Rin was also feeling sorry for Rukino.

"You're kind, Tohsaka... thanks for your concern."

"Don't- don't think too much on it! It's not like I am worrying about her, you know. I only thought it will be a pity if my allied Master is still unconscious."

"Ahaha, okay okay, I understand. But I think she will be fine, Tohsaka. Definitely."

Rin was still looking at him with concern when he turned around, smiling confidently at her. Shortly after that he turned back again as he entered Rukino's room.

"...I hope she's really fine." She muttered in lower voice, returning to her own room.

Inside Rukino's room, the lamp was lit slightly dim to make it easier for her to rest. At a glance, there was nothing strange on Rukino, she was breathing evenly as if she was just sleeping peacefully like usual. However, it's been three days since his return from the raid on Yggdmillenia and she hasn't woken up since then.

When he knew that she was chosen as one of the Master participating in current Holy Grail War, it did take him by surprise. However, since the Grail chose her, it meant she also held a strong drive for the Grail, greatly wishing something from that near-onmipotent device. As such, he would like to respect her wish and choice. However, what he really wished now was...

"...won't you wake up soon, Saki?" He muttered softly as he stroked her hair lightly. It was not the incoming Holy Grail War that's his immediate concern, it was her recovery.

Although he knew that she didn't look to have anything wrong from outside, but her being unable to wake up proved that something might be wrong.

He smiled bitterly as even he couldn't detect where did something go wrong with her recovery process. When he asked the System, it only replied that she didn't have life-threatening situation, not going into much detail about her condition.

Speaking of which, the System also hasn't announced his mission completion even after he got the Command Spell. He thought jokingly that maybe the System was malfunctioning and he waited the familiar notification to ring, only to be disappointed that none did rang to indicate his mission completion. Two days then passed with him becoming increasingly suspicious on it, as he didn't really think the System had a malfunction. Since the System didn't have an error, it meant he was still lacking something. It was then he remembered that a Master should have a contracted Servant... the next day he went to the Association, after threatening them- ehm, it was more appropriate to be called as a negotiation- he finally got a relic he wanted.

'...since it already came to this, I hope my guess was true. System, can you help a Participant to set up the summoning circle??'

[Only those Participants who have Command Spell are eligible for summoning Servant. Participants are also entitled to choose a proper summoning using catalyst or a random summoning that is based on Participant's luck if there was no appropriate catalyst.]

'*sigh*...knowing this, I really should ask the System first. However, a random summoning eh, it looks interesting.' Rafi pondered a little before he turned to see Rukino. He pondered for awhile before he put away that piece of stone.

'Well, this is also fine. Let that piece of stone be her catalyst then.

System, I choose the random summoning one.'

[Beep! Scanning Participant - - -

Detected Follower's right as a Master. Detected two appropriate catalysts. Would Participant like to summon the Follower's Servant along with the summoning?]

'Oh, it also works for a Follower. Fine, do it.' He replied lightly, not giving much thought to it. Though, shortly after that, he felt like there was something strange within the System's scan result.

Following his reply, a large summoning circle suddenly materialized in front of him. It was slightly glowing with soft white light, before a burst of bright light engulfed the room as the System announced in mechanical tone.

[Commencing summoning ritual.
1, 2, 3...]

'Hmm, wait, did it say two catalysts?? Eh, wait?!'

[Summoning ritual completed.]

Before he could even properly stopped the ritual, two silhouettes already appeared from the large summoning circle as the ritual ended so quick.

One of them was a tall young man looking like in his twenties with wavy dishwater blonde hair and aqua eyes with long eyelashes. He wore silver armor and held a similarly silver sword. His appearance seemed to brighten the room, as though warm light radiated from him.

While the other one was a Servant wearing a white-lined blue robe which even covered their face. As he was unable to see their face, Rafi could only guess that the blue-robed Servant was a woman due to their seemingly slim figure and slender hand.

'...I messed it up...'

As Rafi was still dumbfounded at their appearance, the silver-armored knight walked to him and did something unexpected as he began kneeling to him like how a knight knelt to his lord. As he looked at Rafi, the knight then spoke with a sincere gaze,

"Thank you for believing in me, Master. I am a Knight of Round Table, Gawain. I am summoned under Saber class, and I look forward to working with you, Master."

It was somewhat awkward for Rafi having someone kneel to him suddenly. While hiding his awkwardness, he could only nod at Gawain as he hurriedly helped him to stand again.

When Rafi turned to see that blue-robed Servant, she was already standing silently beside Rukino. That blue-robed Servant was still silent, her figure seemed to be shrouded within layer of mysteries. Moreover, Rafi couldn't even look at any of her stats, as if they were blurred by something, deluding his discernment.

As a Master, actually, he should be able to see the rough outline of Servant's stats no matter if they're enemies or allies. Using the knowledge one gained from those stats to help a Servant won their battle would usually determine whether a Master was an outstanding or mediocre one.

"Hmm, you are...?" Rafi asked the blue-robed Servant in curiosity.

Not only Rafi, Gawain also felt curious to that Servant as they were on the same Faction after all. When he was summoned, Gawain had been given necessary information about the current Holy Grail War. A different War with other Holy Grail Wars where fourteen Servants were summoned, and fought as two different Factions.

However the blue-robed Servant was quiet, only looking at him silently. When it seemed like she was going to reply, she quietly retracted her words, seemingly hesitated to speak. After awhile, She released a soft sigh and finally replied,

"...I am Caster. You can just address me as such, Master of Saber."

'As I thought, that Servant's a woman. But then, I don't recall ever seeing her getups, though they're looking similar to Medea's...' Rafi thought silently after hearing her voice. Although she spoke in chilly tone, but her voice was soft and pleasant to hear as it held a magnetic charm which let anyone to feel elated upon hearing it.

After their brief introduction, suddenly, the door to the room was banged open as someone intruded, looking panicky at Rafi and Rukino.

"W-what happened here?! How's Rukino... ehh?" Rin hurriedly asked as she tried to catch her breath.

The previous bright light which suddenly appeared from Rukino's room caught her off guard as she thought that something bad might happen to Rukino and Rafi. However, after she caught a glance on the two Servants, she was dumbstruck as she couldn't manage to speak and only looked at them with her mouth slightly agape.

"They- they aren't what I guessed, right, Rafi?" After her shock slightly receded, she managed to form her words as she then looked at him with questioning glare. Although she already knew, she still wanted to ask him. Not for a confirmation, as she believed her own discernment, but to know what actually happened in the room that caused such event.

"It's slightly complicated to explain, but I think they're really what you have guessed, Tohsaka..." while Rafi said with a wry smile after he saw her glare.

...

Within a certain church at Sighisoara, Romania, a person clad in priest outfit could be seen looking at the sky, his face thoughtful as he seemed to ponder over something.

'Two Servants from Red Faction have just been summoned huh, it's early...'

While he was immersed in his thought, a shadow silently appeared behind him, slightly whispering,

"Ara, what is troubling you, Master?" It was a soft voice, with a hint of teasing. Although she had been suppressing it, but her voice still revealed her past dignified status.

"Assassin... I only hope that our plan will go smoothly later."

"Don't you believe in my skills? Hmph. I feel offended, Master."

"I believe in your skills, Semiramis. It's just I can't shake this disturbing feeling.

Our Faction's Saber and Caster have been summoned just now, four more Servants remaining to be summoned. Those two Servants were summoned earlier than our prediction."

"...do you want to begin our plan earlier as well?"

"No, let's not rush it. I was only curious to those two Servants, but then a simple meeting won't disturb our plan, right, Semiramis?" That priest smiled as he turned to Semiramis.

Under the dim light of flickering candles within the church, his sincere smile seemed somewhat strange, as though he had another meaning behind his gesture.

7