Prologue – Graduation Speech
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Transcript of Principal Mather’s graduation speech in Empress Memorial Midnight High School to the class of 1936.

“Ghouls and gals, our culture has lived for a few hundred years now, yet we have very much to learn about. Our historians theorize that a witch, one with powerful magic used the power of the moon to transform a rose into a beautiful, delicate, yet incredibly magical midnight blue hue."

"The rose — its dark blue covering all the red and outlined with a bright light blue as if it were gilded with fire — had rose above every other flower, and it spread throughout the land. Soon, as more Midnight Roses came to be, forests full of them would arise. With these forests, a brand new magical life would spark. From the greatest, most powerful beings such as the skeleton with robes of darkness, to the prospering, such as the demons and ghouls."

"Our ancestry, our lives, and our society are derived from this single, yet all-powerful flower that covers our grasses and yards. Even the whiff of a rose can bring one to feel as alive as ever. And though everywhere we can see Midnight Roses filling nature with shine and life out of this world, one has yet to discover the original rose, which could tell us the story behind our existence. However, dwelling over it isn’t ideal, instead, we should take charge of our future!”

Principal Mather walks in front of all the graduating students.

“80 students today have achieved honor and worth, enough to meet that grace that our Midnight Magic has given us. They all achieved greatness and academic intelligence in their studies from history to language. I’m sure the reaper himself would find these students filled with potential. Not only that but 20 of these students have also been accepted into jobs studying Midnight Magic; if you could give them applause.”

The crowd applauses as the students bow.

“As principal of this growing school, for the many decades, I have run it, it’s been the greatest pleasure in seeing each student of mine succeed and aspire to be a true role model in their respective communities. With each generation, I see the growing progress our communities have made, and I imagine a world where we can all live in great harmony! Now I gladly present this class’ valedictorian!”

End of transcript.

Parascolaire has begun. (I doubt I'll be consistent)

0