Chapter 347
152 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without question, it was the oldest and most primal sovereign, the entity that had reigned over this planet for countless millennia. The epitome of nature itself...

A god!

"A boom, boom, boom, boom—!!!"

A horrifying surge of magical power swept across the surroundings, causing the ground to soar tens of meters into the air.

The dense aura of the Age of Gods spilled out from the ruptured earth.

"God...!" Lorelei found herself drenched in a cold sweat.

Not only Lorelei, but even Rizo-Waal Strout and the other Dead Apostles were drenched in sweat. Not to mention the magi who were already in a sorry state.

The legend had come to life once again. Before them stood a god. However, this god had lost its sanity, leaving behind nothing but pure malice towards humanity. It was an genuine fallen god!

Shirou recalled Zelretch's words. —'That arrogant thing had the audacity to descend and point its finger at my nose, demanding that I kneel before it. So, I simply pressed it down and crushed it,'

That fool! If you're going to eliminate something, do it thoroughly. How could he leave even one of them behind here! Shirou suddenly found himself doubting Zelretch's reliability.

Above all, regardless of the divine spirits Zelretch had previously defeated, the one that had descended right before his eyes was undeniably not some lackey that could be easily dealt with.

"Age of Gods... Age of Gods... Humans... will be eradicated...!"

The Divine Spirit's form crackled with pitch-black lightning, lashing out in all directions.

"A boom, boom, boom, boom—!!!"

Wherever it passed, the once lush land transformed into scorched terrain.

Angel sculptures tumbled, crashing heavily to the ground, and splintering into pieces.

"Was it you who ambushed me?" Arcueid's gaze pierced the divine spirits with her crimson eyes, her face brimming with anger, and she wasted no time in charging towards it.

With a powerful punch, she aimed straight for the head.

The impact of the punch was devastating, accompanied by explosive sounds of "boom, boom, boom" echoing through the air.

The divine spirit erupted in a thunderous burst of light, but it failed to deter her unbridled fury. In response, it raised its arm and retaliated against her.

"Boom—!"

Arcueid's assault directly crushed the divine spirit in half, shattering it completely.

Well, isn't this what one would expect? Standing before it was none other than the White Princess, the former candidate for the Ultimate One!

In their previous encounter, the divine spirit had successfully ambushed Arcueid precisely because it hadn't materialized in a physical form, rendering it invisible to her. But now that it had taken a tangible form, how could it possibly withstand Arcueid's attack?

However, despite its upper body being shattered, the divine spirit swiftly regenerated itself using the particles of the Age of Gods present in the earth, returning to its original state in an instant.

Shirou grasped the gravity of the situation and swiftly spoke up, "Barthomeloi, everyone, I need you to suppress the particles of the Age of Gods!"

"Understood!" Lorelei replied promptly, then hastily initiated a spell to suppress the particles of the Age of Gods in the vicinity.

Arcueid attacked the divine spirit in a fit of rage. With a physical form, it was no match for her.

If they continued in this manner, once Lorelei and her elite magi suppressed the particles of the Age of Gods in the surrounding area, Arcueid would be able to shatter the Divine Spirit's Divine Core and send it back to the throne of gods where it belonged.

However—

"Ahhhhh, the world has lost its justice...!!!"

From the divine spirit's body, black lightning intertwined with pitch-black mud erupted, catching Arcueid off guard and sending her flying through the air.

"That... that can't be..." Shirou's eye twitched.

He couldn't have been mistaken. How could he possibly be wrong?

That pitch-black mud—it was the "Evil"!

"Shirou, what is that...?" Arcueid clutched her abdomen, gesturing towards the pitch-black mud emanating from the divine spirit, and turned to him for answers.

He furrowed his brow and replied, "I may not know what that thing is, but it's definitely not my 'Evil'."

"I don't care if it's 'Evil' or not. It hurt my dear friend, and I won't let it escape punishment!" she ruffled her hair and lunged at the divine spirit once again.

However, this time, the divine spirit retaliated. Its form began to dissolve, transforming into a black sphere that swiftly evaded her attacks, hovering in the sky.

The black sphere crackled with furious lightning, sweeping through the surroundings, causing rocks to cascade down one after another.

"Boom, boom..."

There was a thunderous "boom" that echoed through the air, shaking the ground and kicking up a massive cloud of dust. The lightning continued its relentless assault, mercilessly striking numerous magi directly in their hearts, causing them to vanish without a trace. Even Waver wasn't spared from its wrath, as a bolt of lightning grazed his back by accident.

Blood splattered in every direction, painting the scene in a gruesome display.

"Waver, are you alright?" Shirou asked, concern evident in his voice.

Waver weakly waved his hand, his face drenched in cold sweat. "Don't... don't worry about me, Eternal King!"

Shirou nodded, his gaze shifting to the small sphere crackling with black lightning. His expression grew serious.

The presence of lightning implied that the true identity of this divine spirit was a thunder god.

But which one? Thor? Zeus? Or perhaps another god with a mastery of thunder and other abilities?

He couldn't dwell on the possibilities and shouted, "Arcueid, finish it off!"

"I'm on it!" Arcueid's crimson eyes shimmered with a scarlet light as she charged towards the Divine Spirit.

Shirou knew deep down that he couldn't deny the truth. If his opponent happened to be a divine spirit, there was no way he could defeat it in his current state.

His hand subconsciously slipped into his pocket, fingers brushing against the blank card.

He didn't fully understand the concept of Install: Phantasm Summon, but given the circumstances and Arcueid's power, even at just 50% capacity, she could easily wipe out this divine spirit.

That fact was indisputable. After all, no matter how you looked at it, she was Earth's Ultimate One backup.

However, the divine spirit seemed to sense the impending clash and realized that it stood no chance against Arcueid.

Transformed into a small sphere, it dodged her attacks and charged towards the crowd. The lightning crackled menacingly, lashing out like venomous whips. But Shirou reacted swiftly, projecting multiple shields to protect them from harm.

Yet, in the blink of an eye, the divine spirit locked onto its target and charged straight at Luvia.

Luvia's eyes widened in terror as she witnessed the approaching black sphere. Her mouth instinctively fell open, revealing a profound sense of fear etched across her face.

"Get out of there, Luvia!" Shirou bellowed, projecting six copies of Caliburn and hurling them towards the divine spirit.

But it was already too late. The black sphere of the divine spirit just went straight into Luvia's mouth. And then, she actually swallowed it.

This scene stunned everyone present.

A god—

Was eaten!

3