Chapter 12: Plans in motion
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dark, grim night casted a somber blanket over the worn-down city, enveloping it in a deafening silence. The preparations had been made with the plan that Jack had implemented. Several machines and areas were ready and waiting. The dogs now waited for the dawn to come, hoping that the three warriors would protect them in this upcoming peril.

 

They were hiding in the only building that was at the center of the area with no sides to enter other than the front. The building was in the center of the mining operation, obstructed on all sides except for the front opening. The old, weak, and feeble dogs prayed that they could make it alive as the forces of Aku approached, nearing dawn. Their desperation was etched on their faces as they moonlight lit the dark building they were cooped in. 

 


 

Meanwhile, in a dark alley, Richard, the red dog, conversed with a figure using a button-like communicator.

 

"My Lord Gurina, Spawn of the Great Aku, I humbly offer you the details of the matter at hand. I beg your pardon if my words do not meet your expectations, and I hope to avoid incurring your wrath," Richard spoke with a trembling voice, fearing the worst.

 

He proceeded to tell Gurina everything that had happened and what was planned. He spoke about the recent battles in the mining operation and the events that followed. He explained the plan to stop the siege and every detail, speaking truthfully.

 

"Please have mercy. Please spare us. Please give my son back. I beg of you!" Richard pleaded, his voice shaking. He was being very bold, but he had not heard from his son for more than five months. The worry was eating him away, fearing the worst.

 

Richard had done all this because his hand was forced. Had it not been for his circumstances, he would have helped the humans. They were all humble archaeologists before all this. Aku took away his family and made him a spy to relay messages of revolts. His breath was heavy and his expression of guilt was eating him away because he had no choice. 

 

The air was thick with tension, and the sound of dogs whimpering echoed throughout the building. The darkness of the night only made the situation more ominous. The dogs knew that they were in grave danger, and they prayed that the warriors would come soon to save them.

 


 

Meanwhile, on a distant cliffside, a spark ignited, and swirling energy coalesced, heralding a change in scenery. A portal materialized, and three figures tumbled out onto the desert floor near the cliff. Hamza and Jack surveyed their surroundings as the portal sealed itself shut behind them. Observer, still getting used to her corporeal form, sniffed at her own clothing with curiosity, a perplexed expression on her face.

"Wow, do I have body odor now? It's not unpleasant, is it?" she pondered aloud, her voice laced with innocence. Her eyes, however, locked onto Jack and Observer, who exchanged a bemused glance.

Hamza and Jack's eyebrows knit in confusion as they witnessed Observer's peculiar behavior. They scanned the area for prying eyes, their expressions a mix of bewilderment and discomfort. After a shared look, Hamza facepalmed in embarrassment, while Jack cleared his throat discreetly.

"This woman! Can't she choose a better time and place for her antics? Why did she declare herself my wife? I really need to give her some lessons in basic etiquette," Hamza lamented in his thoughts as he pinched Observer's cheeks, a mix of frustration and embarrassment in his eyes. Observer walked beside him, bewildered and strangely intrigued, unaware of her fault. 

 

Finally, they found a conveniently placed stone to sit on, guided by Hamza. Jack closed his eyes and wore a subtle, nearly imperceptible smile.

 

The trio sat at a rough-hewn table of stone, with Hamza taking the lead in the conversation. Jack, shrouded in his flowing robes, remained in a meditative pose, readying himself for the impending discussion.

 

Time for the bullshit mode, here we go

Hamza thought to himself before addressing Jack.

 

"I apologize for bringing you to this location, but it was necessary to avoid any unwanted attention."

 

Jack listened intently, without interrupting.

 

"I believe we have a mole who's feeding information to Aku. The red dog's constant scrutiny makes it quite evident," Hamza said in a serious tone.

 

Jack, showing boldness, not convinced replied, "Yes, I've noticed the dog's gaze, but why would he betray his own people? They are already suffering under Aku's tyranny."

 

Meanwhile, Observer, captivated by the sight of a colorful desert iguana perched on a nearby rock, observed the scene with a sense of awe.

 

"Knowing everything and experiencing it are so different. I'm grateful I didn't grant my avatar omniscience," she thought to herself, trying to reach out to pet the iguana, only to watch it scamper away as she pouted.

 

Hamza was not surprised by Jack's response, as he had expected some degree of skepticism from him at the beginning of their journey.

 

So gullible. I hope the coming challenges don't break his spirit. From what I've seen so far, I'm unsure if anything I know will be of use in the future. This version of Aku is a menace. I must aid Jack for my own future plans, as well as his safety.

hamza was convinced that he could accomplish much without Jack or the other main characters from other universes, assuming he didn't die before meeting them.

 

For now, my priority is to keep them safe and accompany them. Use them and let them use him. 

 

"Jack, I understand that you're a kind man who wouldn't suspect anything like this, but..." Hamza began, leading the conversation forward.

 

Hamza contemplated whether he should reveal his knowledge of the future.

 

Is it too much of a risk at the moment? The domino butterfly effect could do more harm than good. In conclusion should build trust rather than rely on lying all the time. At least my teaching experience has come in handy

 Hamza thought before finally speaking.

 

"Jack, I hope you can trust us. We want to help you destroy Aku for good more than anything. You don’t even need to ask,"  with a pause and trying to act very hurt " We have our reasons"

 

He said, pausing briefly before continuing.

 

"Just believe me on this one. That dog is a threat to our entire plan to save these dogs from the coming siege of thedroid army. We need to take action right now," he said, his blue eyes shining in the moonlight. He was dead serious as he confronted Jack on this topic. He hoped this version of Jack was different from the others. The upcoming battles and threats would be more brutal and unpredictable.

 

As Hamza had a heart-to-heart conversation with Jack, a system message appeared in front of his face. He tried not to frown as he read it. I don't want to give Jack the wrong impression, he thought, annoyed by the system's messages. It was like having a pesky younger brother constantly bugging him, always in his face with the latest lame joke or prank.

 

The system gave him a message in front of his face as he had a heart-to-heart with Jack.

 

[Smooth. At least you’re not dumb.]

[Awarded 5 GP points for not being a dumbass]

[Awarded 10 GP points for not being a dumbass]

 

Meanwhile, Jack closed his eyes and nodded with his head held a little low. He knew what Hamza meant figuratively.

"Very well, but let's confirm it directly," Jack said.

 

Hamza nodded in affirmation. It was a reasonable compromise. "Either way, we should deal with the problem here and now before the siege," he added. 

 

As they stood up, Hamza saw Observer pouting on her knees and approached her with her pouty face.

 

"What happened now?" he asked.

 

"I saw an iguana, but I couldn't pet him," Observer replied with sadness in her voice.

 

Hamza sighed as he petted her head, causing Observer to flinch. Such simple-minded he thought to himself.

 

"An iguana and pets? Seriously?"

 

"I'll catch one if I see one. So stop your gloomy attitude," he said with a pause, looking at her.

 

"You're such high maintenance," Hamza added with a sarcastic tone.

 

Observer's eyes lit up, "Promise?" she asked eagerly.

 

Hamza's face turned serious,

 

"No. I can't make promises I can't keep. But you can trust me," he said blankly as he helped Observer stand up. She tried to kiss him, but he swiftly used his hands to block her face from even approaching him.

 

Jack was watching the comical scene between the two of them with a small smile. The moon was full and bright, casting a soft, silvery light over the desert landscape. The sand dunes looked like waves frozen in time, their ridges highlighted by the moon's glow. The stars twinkled above, adding to the enchanting atmosphere. Taking in the beauty of the night. He felt a sense of peace and calmness wash over him, a welcome respite from the chaos and danger that usually surrounded him.

 

"The sorcery they possess is amazing. I'm glad they're willing to help. I wonder what their history with Aku is, but judging from Hamza's reaction, it's not something I should bring up. We all have our own reasons and tragedies that Aku inflicted," Jack thought with a heavy heart, looking at his severed hand and reminiscing about his past.

 

"Jack, I nearly forgot to give you this," Hamza said as he dealt with an annoying observer and approached Jack. He grabbed her arm and dragged her with him, knowing he needed her help.

 

In his hand, Hamza held a small pill, which he showed to Jack on his palm.

 

"This pill can heal your severed hand and make it even better than before. I created it using magic," Hamza said with a grin.

 

Hamza’s stats

Name

Hamza

Level

2

Race

------------

Class

------------

Strength

0.5X

Dexterity

1X

Intelligence

2.5X

GP Multiplier

1X

Charisma

3

Luck

4

 

 

Total GP

 

15 GP

Attribute stats

5 points left.

 

 

 

Observer abilities

Unique Abilities

Description

 

Portal creation

(nerfed) T1

(evolving trait)

 

Can create a hyperspace gateway (portal) to any place she has a view of.

 

Telekinesis

(evolving trait) T1

 

As the name suggests. Has limits

 

GPS

(S their Ability)

 

She can track her lover from anywhere. The range has no limits. Even works across time and space.

 

Healing

(nerfed)

 

Can heal serious wounds and help with some stamina restoration.

Sync with lover

(S tier ability)

 

Basically, the stronger Hamza's stats and abilities get observer scales with him as he grows.

(Some weird love bird bullshit here)

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Meanwhile, at the mining operation, the three dogs were on a mission to find Jack and the other humans. They needed to update Jack that all the preparations were complete and that dawn would be upon them in just a few hours. The trenches were dug and laced with sharp, durable crimson jewels. The machines were ready to use as a tactical advantage against the battle destroyer droids, and barrels of oil were strategically placed with triggers to boot.

 

"Say, have you seen the old champ?" the monocle dog asked the other two dogs.

 

"Aye, they went through the magical portal. I think they'll be here soon," the black dog replied.

 

As they were talking, the red dog, Richard, came from the alleyway of the building, looking very distraught.

 

"Richard, my boy, have you seen Ja--?" the monocle dog paused as the group approached.

 

"Oh, I'm fine. No, I haven't seen them, lads," Richard said, still looking upset.

 

The moonlight shone brightly on the group and the building, casting eerie shadows on the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A looming, dark figure stood atop the highest cliff near the mining operation, its strands of darkness fluttering in the wind. The figure watched closely, observing everything with a sinister grin illuminated by the moonlight.

 

"So many snacks and toys," the figure said, its voice hollow and reverberating like that of a woman.

2