Chapter 1
61 14 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Doki loves cats, he loves the fluffy and lazy cats, the fierce and lovely cats. Since but a child, Doki would always give stray cats food. Feeding stray cats in his neighborhood was his daily routine, but why only stray cats? He simply didn't have any pet cats. He would love it if he could have a pet cat at home, but, both of his parents are allergic to cats. 


Doki wonder why he didn't have any allergies to cats. His mind wondered about that all day if he didn't stroke a cat—it was his only therapy. And so, Doki had enough with that thought, thus, he asked his parents. At first, his parents were hesitating—that was a rather ominous sign, Doki thought that moment—then, his parents sighed and finally told him.


He was adopted. His parents found him in the garbage of a slum. Doki's parents are always that honest, they didn't even conceal the garbage part. Hearing his parents say that, Doki didn't have any gloomy thoughts. His only thoughts were how similar he is to a stray cat, with the only difference being he has a home and loving parents, while stray cats have only him. He loved how he was similar to a stray cat, it felt like his stray cats were much closer to him than yesterday. 

Doki loves cats, but he hates dogs. He despises dogs. Any breed of dogs, whether it's stray or Chihuahuas. He didn't know why he hates dogs. When he was little, he saw a dog in his picture book, it's a cute dog with white fur and black dots. That time, he loves dogs as he loves his stray cats. It was until he saw a dog—not from a picture, but a real one—a cute dog from others' perspective, but not his. The dog with droopy ears and chocolate-colored fur, it's somehow bizarre and unpleasant in his perspective, he felt an awful centipede crawling under his skin. At that time, little Doki doesn't know what that feeling was, but now that Doki is bigger, he knows what that feeling was. He felt contempt.

***

Now, he felt it again, that feeling when he saw a dog. Although it's more tamed, nevertheless, it's still there. 


In front of him was a girl with cinnamon-colored hair. The most stand out from the girl was her massive titties. An unrealistic one he adds. The second thing that he saw was her ears. An ear that an animal could only have. He would think that it was part of a bandana if not for the twitching and the realistic pinkish meat inside the ears. The girl's ears looked like that of a cat's, but, it's still doubtful for him. If it's a cat ear, why would he feel this feeling called contempt? Doki shakes his head, erasing any thoughts he had.


To be honest, he's staring at the girl too much, it didn't do well with his usual gentlemanly self. But, who would blame him for this? He's just that confused. 


"What is really happening right now? How did I come to this?" Doki's thoughts as he keeps staring at the girl with the ears of an animal, which then he noticed something attached behind her supposed butt. "Is that a tail I saw?" 


The girl's eyes were blinking stupidly not knowing what to do, but, Doki completely ignore her as he observes his surroundings with such seriousness and a little hint of amusement. He checked times and times again, not knowing what to believe anymore; a street full of old fashioned carriages with a horse in front or the occasional humans with ears and tails of an animal—there's even a human with dog's head, the disdain he felt when he saw it—oh! And a walking full plate armor with a sword scabbard in its waist was "patrolling" this street full of bizarreness.


Doki was standing in the middle of the street, standing like an idiot he is. And plenty of carriages driver has already yelled at him for being a nuisance, and now, he was dragged by the walking armor—a knight, the carriage driver called—and the girl with the weird ears followed him and the knights too. She looks somewhat distressed, flailing her hands and her face frowned.


"I was just on my way to feed my lovely cute and fluffy cats, but how did it come to this?" With his hand on his forehead, Doki sighed and looked at the bright blue sky with clouds in the shape of a cat. "cute cloud cat," 


When he was deep in thoughts, his body suddenly stop. And a middle-aged face was hovering in front of him, "what do you want?"


No answer was heard. The middle-aged man with iron plate armor was just staring at him for a couple of moments after Doki asked, and then, he went away, talking with the weird ear girl. It was then that Doki realized he didn't speak the question in his mind. It was no wonder, the other party did not reply. Cats were lovely as they were disturbing his mind.


It looks like the knight was scolding the girl, from what little conversation he listened to. He didn't know why, but, he felt like a burden right now. And he didn't like it one bit. Thus, he stands up, brushing his hand on his butt to clean up the dust—and it was really dirty.

When Doki was about to join in the knight and the girl's "conversation", the knight had already left, a couple of seconds ahead of him—he should've cleaned his butt faster it seems. Nevertheless, Doki still walks towards the girl.


"Hello, Miss," tapping on the girl's shoulder, Doki drags his lips corner up to hide his displeasure. "Could you repeat what you said to me some minutes ago?"


The girl suddenly smiles brightly, as if she heard her idol say something nice about her. "Nice to meet you, Master. My name is Koki, and I'm your servant and guide in this world," 


"In this world? Did I hear you correctly? Does that mean I'm not on earth right now?" Losing his composure, Doki grabs the girl's shoulder as his arm—his whole body trembling like a newborn baby on their first walk, the feeling he felt was forgotten quickly as he heard Koki's confirmation. 


"Yes Master," Koki replied to his questioning with nothing but a simple yet heavy word for him. 


The trembling all over his body were foreign even to him. He didn't know what is it that he felt right now. Is it fear? Is it… excitement? What is it exactly? He does not know, no, it's more likely towards fear—fear of the unknown. Because he's already past that age where he would fantasize about going to another world where catgirls were its inhabitants—yes, he had that fantasy of getting isekai'd. 


But why would he get isekai'd when he already gave up on his dream of catgirls harem—Doki suddenly stopped all his thoughts and thinking. It was so sudden like a lightning in a broad daylight. "I-if there's a half dog half human here… does that mean cat girls exist too?"


"Of course, it exists!" The onlookers were startled by the deafening sound, an uncontrolled excitement of a man in his prime soared throughout the crowded street. Many eyes instantly stare in Doki's direction. But, Doki didn't care, the feeling of something he longed for surged out from his deepest soul, the fear he felt quickly overwhelmed.


"Catgirls! They exist. It must be. And the first thing I need to do is—" Doki's thoughts as he stares at Koki's charcoal-colored eyes. "—you're not human, so, what are you?"


"I'm a dog girl, Master… oh it means a half-human half-dog," Koki answered him with a word he did not want to hear, although it did confirm a suspicion he had.


"Oh! I know what it means," with every loathes he felt, his already broken smile turned into a scowl. Displaying his displeasure, "I don't know what God decided to give this unpleasant surprise, but, he sure got a bad taste for surprises." Doki's thoughts turn gloomier each passing moment, "and I still fucking need her if I want to live here, she's my only information source,"


"Master? Is everything okay?" Koki's voice fell on deaf ears as Doki turned his body away from her, facing his head towards the cloud.


"... This place really has many cat-shaped clouds, look, there's one, there's two, and oh, there's even a chubby one!" In a matter of minutes, Doki calmed down, thankfully for him, he still has his cats. Then, a question popped up in his mind. And so, he asks, but still not facing Koki, "Can't you just make a guidebook for me? Also, why me?"


"... I… I can't do that Master, our bond was notarized by the God of this world, and that's why I need to help you directly," She was hesitating, her tone, a truth woven along with a single lie, she didn't tell him the whole truth. Then, she lowered her head and upper torso, "As for why you were chosen, Master, I'm not entirely sure myself, I don't dare to guess the thought of God, I apologize, Master," 


Doki's black hair was a mess after he scratch his head aggressively, "It can't be helped if you didn't know—" Doki tidy his messy hair with a furrowed brow, glancing at the dog girl, "—and oh, I know you didn't tell the whole truth," his every sentence were filled with his contempt for the dog-girl.


The dog girl—Koki fidgetted her body as she kept on fiddling her hands together, her massive titties were jiggling with the little movement she makes, and her lips were like that of fish away from water. It's disturbing for Doki, and so, he left her. As he predicted, Koki traced his every step. Like the dog, she is, even if he did such an act, she's still followed him along. 


While he was walking aimlessly, a thought came to him, a thought that should've been the first thing he thought when he heard the word 'another world', "What's my cheat? Did I get super strong? Am I a magic genius? Or, did I get a game-like system?" But, he didn't feel any different than yesterday.


"S-status," to his embarrassment, nothing happens, he lowered his head—saving his heated face to be seen—while walking to who knows where. He might bump into someone if he continues to do that. But Doki did not care, his younger self was devastated and his current self was embarrassed. Fortunately, he didn't bump any passersby. While he was agonizing about his supposed cheat, a thought about cats came again, "Ahh, I want to see my cute stray cats… oh! Who else would feed them if I'm not there!" 


He stopped his track abruptly, causing Koki who's a few inches behind him, crashed into his back. A heavenly feeling he didn't know he needs rippling in his whole body, pausing all his thoughts on his stray cats—it was supposed to be an impossible task to do that, but, Koki's titties were simply that good.


"S-sorry, Master!" It was the first time he sees her that flustered, well of course it is, they only knew each other some hours ago. "M-master?"


Broke from his stupor, Doki glanced at Koki for a moment, before he continues his aimless walk—no, it's not aimless anymore, he needs to search for an inn. The sky was already dark before he knows it, and hopefully, his servant has money to rent a room—two rooms. He did not want to stay with a dog, but, although she said she was a dog girl, her ears resemble more that of a cat's. Plus, she's half-human, maybe he didn't have to be that terrible to her. And so, he decided to be less bad, at treating her.


"Do you know what ability 'God' gave me?" Doki with both hands behind his head peeked at Koki from his eyes periphery.


Again, she was hesitant to tell him something. He did not like this. Isn't she supposed to be his servant? Shouldn't a servant answer their master's questions with certainty? Well, he didn't know, he doesn't have any servants before this after all. Just when he was about to fasten his walk pace, she dropped a bomb he did not expect. From all of the cheat the protagonist isekai could have, his 'cheat' was just a burden to him.


"You what!?" Doki couldn't help but shout, "Y-you said my ability that 'God' gave, were you?" A shameless nod—from his perspective—coming from Koki in front of him. 


Did God hate him that much? Shouldn't God knows everything? He despises dogs! He loves cats! Why didn't God give him a cat girl instead!? Those were the only thing swirling inside his mind filled with nothing but cats—well, seventy percent of them were cats. Then again, if she was his 'cheat', she was mostly strong. Yet again, another reason to not abandon her. Now, he just wants to rest.


"Show me the inn," Doki finally gave up looking for one himself, and Koki quickly followed the instruction. "What did I ever do to you that you hate me, God? Are you perhaps a God of Dogs?" With that silly thought, he sighed for the last time today.


And so, a dog girl followed by a man in his adulthood walking towards a nearby inn.

3