Chapter 80 Improved Control
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TF Chapter 80 Improved Control

                  ***Bora***

The soles of my feet were wet with sweat, a testament to how nervous and terrified I was. If its creation was this powerful already, then what of the creator itself? It had already given word of how both I and Danny weren't needed alive, meaning that as Nathaniel was duking it out with the intent creation, we could be killed! That was one truth I didn't want to accept. Was this how Nathaniel has always felt when he had been attacked by foes more powerful than himself?

I tried to calm down my rapidly racing heart with a deep breath, yet that failed. So I focused, on the battle, though also keeping a sliver of my attention on the surroundings. I had only trust in myself, maybe even Nathaniel, but Danny? That guy would most definitely throw me in front of an attack to save himself.

Honestly, I was a bit baffled by Nathaniel's improvement with the usage of his intent. I was wondering whether he was a true genius or was it the intent itself that was improving. The way he was trading blows with this intent creature was unlike before, when he was fighting the other creature. I never knew he could use a star's gravity itself as an attack! It was mind blowing and made me all the more giddy for when my own awakened.

The battle was even more epic than the one before, as if two super beings were duking it out, though, instead of only watching from the comfort of my home, I was here, at the front row, with even my own life hinging upon him winning and protecting me.

A sigh escaped my lips on how our previous roles had now reversed, where before, I had been the protector, now I was the the protected. Ironic, wasn't it?

"I wonder what your intent truly is! Those plasma balls...those balls which appear to have the ability to attract everything...if I am not mistaken...its akin to gravity, right?"

The intent construct spoke while holes in its body were closing, distorting the air in the surroundings. So, even air molecules were part of its composition, though, if it could recover, then that meant that his battle was going to become harder.

"I am also interested in knowing how your intent works, and how long this construct can survive my moves. I thought all the natives were true warriors, the kind of aliens that would fight head on instead of hiding behind a puppet."

It was bizarre how this creature could speak without even having some sort of spiritual tether, though, as I was starting to find out, intent was abnormal, so it was to be expected.

"...why should I follow in the footsteps of those blockheads? Its the entire reason I am alone! I can do whatever I want without any constraints to hold me back!"

After those words, Nathaniel lunged. He had probably only made conversation to allow himself to recover, and so had the intent construct.

          ***Nathaniel***

I pushed myself off the branch with such force that I felt it snapping behind me, but that didn't matter because this battle was taking its toll on me. The plasma balls and the gravity wells floating around me were taking all my concentration just to keep in line. It was like walking with those plasma grenades, having removed the pin, and only holding onto the trigger while having to fight mobs. For me, I was simply holding way too many grenades, where the smallest slip of my concentration had caused a patch of skin on my left arm to burn.

My lunge brought me close to the intent construct, with my spiritual domain encapsulating it before I once again attacked with the balls, only for them to pass through harmlessly, causing me to move my gaze to the sky, and the branch to snap, with a weightless feeling enveloping me.

Thinking fast, I connected all the plasma balls, creating a makeshift whip which I hurled towards the creature above, all the while thinning and elongating my spiritual domain to go along with it. With a single attack, the creature was bisected vertically in half, even as I conjured a few minor explosions that shifted me towards the tree trunk, where my fingers dug in and left long grooves in their wake until my momentum was halted.

If I was thinking right, this intent construct wasn't about to go down even with those two halves bisected, a theory that was proved when they pulled back together as if they had attracted each other. 

The whip had already returned to me, and back into orange plasma balls that floated around me. Though, I made sure none of them got close enough to the tree trunk. Accidentally destroying the tree wasn't on the agenda at this time.

With a burst of strength, I propelled myself towards a nearby branch, before leaping back upwards to catch up with the intent construct which was falling down, courtesy of gravity. I had to get within range once again, and this time, I wasn't going to hurl plasma balls towards it, no, I was going to set it aflame by having my intent try and infiltrate it. It was a hard task, considering that it was being animated by foreign intent, but I wasn't about to let that stop me.

I bent my knees, and with a leap, I caught up with the intent creation that was free falling, before commanding the very air around it to take on one of the traits of a star, heat!

"Aaaaaaaaaah!"

It screamed as the air encasing it became orange, which ultimately increased to the point that it almost looked like I was staring into a humanoid shaped sun!

Before I could revel in the taste of victory though, I felt something entering my domain at speeds far faster than my body could move, but with a single command using my intent, I froze every single particle within my spiritual domain, even the burning humanoid sun had flames that appeared to have been frozen in time, yet that didn't slow me down in my next course of action nonetheless because even with me stopping every particle, whatever was breaching my spiritual domain had only been slowed down marginally!

With another command, I willed a plasma ball into being on my right side, just below my armpit, where I relented control over my intent on the side that was away from my body, causing an explosion that propelled me in the opposite direction.

When the force had hit my side, it felt as if one of the creatures had kicked me, with me feeling the sound of cracking, which most probably came from my ribs. The impact itself caused me to almost pass out, but it saved me from whatever attack of thing that had been entering my domain.

With a squelch, I was sure that I had become embedded into a tree at this point, with my injuries a bit too severe, but with adrenaline and a strong will, I pushed myself out as fast as I could.

I spat out blood from in between my lips, with the droplets falling far below into the darkness that was the forest floor. Two figures were standing on a branch of another tree, gazing at me with identical fury filled gazes and those comically cartoonish eyes of theirs...the intent construct and its master, who had finally decided to show up.

"Finally done with hide and seek I suppose..." I spoke while wiping away a trace of blood from my lips with the back of my palm.

"I had thought that this would be easy, but for some reason, probably your intent, my construct is struggling."

It was like looking at identical twins, but even they would have some flaws here and there. Yet these were perfectly identical. If they were within the scope of my spiritual domain, I would probably have been able to tell them apart, yet here I couldn't figure out who was the real native and who was the intent construct!

"Your race appears to have the flaw of having too weak a physical body, something that is going to lead to you being captured...though am starting to wonder whether I will be able to get you alive, or having your body still intact."

After those words, I watched as all the limbs of the intent construct and the native almost doubled in size, with muscles and veins snaking across the surface like dragons that were under immense strain.

I curbed my surprise by taking in a very massive breath of air before hurling the plasma and gravity balls away from me, causing explosions that rocked the air a few meters away from me. The speed at which I could conjure them has increased to the point where basically, a thought was all I needed, so there was no point in keeping them close to me at all times where accidents were bound to happen at any given time with a slight lapse in concentration. 

"I am also going all out. I will show you the resolve and power of a human!" It was nothing much, but I too had thought that a statement, or some sort of shouted sentence was needed to rouse my fighting spirit.

0