Chapter 52 | New Me
401 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonas gasped as he fell out of the orb of flames. Fire clinging to his body covering enough for him to seem chaste. He landed with a heavy thump onto the solid stone ground, sprawled out without a semblance of control or awareness of his extremities. 

He groaned in pain at the sudden disappearance of the comforting heat that surrounded him. It had covered him and kept him in a state of near ecstasy. 

As he tried to open his eyes and remember how to use his arms once again, he heard voices rush into the room. Many people surrounded him with familiar yet, almost forgotten voices seemed to prod him for an answer, though their tones were filled with much distress. That was something obvious even in his out of tune state. 

“...okay? Speak, my liege. End our worry with not but a word.”

An old male voice spoke. It brought back memories that slammed into his head, but in only half of the settings. The ancient sounding person was not one found in another part of who he was. Structures of enormous sizes, horseless carriages of metal that speed across the lands, and even some in the air and oceans. 

Jonas tried to focus on that foriegn experience, but just as he proved it mentally, its alien nature completely disappeared. It felt more real than his own physical body. Things he could not deny because he had, somehow experienced them. 

Regardless of what they had been, they now were inherently a part of who he was. 

But, as he tried to focus on them again, to get closer to them, the constant chattering around him forced him out of the balance he had achieved. 

“No!” He cried. Jonas knew fully well that if he was taken out of this state, he would never get another chance to parse through everything he could remember. So, without any coordinated meaning he gorged himself with as many of the memories as he could.

Then they were gone, untapped and without purpose deep in the recesses of his mind. 

Jonas felt the numbness and foriegn feeling he had of his extremities quickly dissipate. With it came the cold and uncomfortable issue of his nakedness. 

He shivered as a cold breeze somehow reached him in the isolated room he was in.

When he looked up, his sight became less blurry and the familiar figures started to become clearer. Ash, Frezar, and Medulis surrounded him with worried expressions. Jonas was surprised to see Medulis out of her chambers. She hadn’t come out except during their travels and even then she never left her assigned carriage. 

She was supposedly recovering, yet she stood before him perfectly whole and without an ounce of what could be injured. 

Jonas got up from his awkward position. “Err...clothes.” He coughed, his voice was beyond hoarse. He couldn’t utter anything intelligible except that. How long had it been since he saw the first flashes of red surround him? He wasn’t sure, but it felt like decades for the first duration, but after he had finished his baptism, it felt like minutes with what he could only explain as drug induced joy and fun. 

He had stayed for a long time chasing and dancing with the fire spirits. He had met quite a few different types, some larger and far more powerful, yet just as playful as the very tinies ones between them. They could have destroyed cities with how much their power rose compared to those around him. 

True monsters of flame. And as he had learned quite well, there was nothing more destructive than the hottest flame. Their wrath was undeniable. 

And nothing as playful. They were always jumping from one thing to another with burning curiosity. 

Frezar snapped his finger, and in a hurry a few servants rushed in what appeared to be long billowing mage robes. Jonas was sure he had never worn them before except to the High Church in his fathers...err...Duke Hadin’s duchy. He preferred a pair of pants and a shirt. They were far more comfortable and easier to move for him.

His expression must have spoken volumes, because the servants seemed to freeze a distance away. They stared back and forth between him and his cloth in their hands, which of course included an enormous load of scarves and even jewelry, which to be honest he had gotten used to wearing he never mentioned. 

“Err...Master, you need not worry. The clothes will survive. They will not be destroyed once they touch your body.” Medulis interrupted his musing. “Me and my teacher designed them ourselves a few decades ago. Quite the profit to be truthful.”

Jonas tried to vocalize his confusion, but failed so he only gave her a raised eyebrow. 

Frezar was at the peek of his game. He snapped his fingers twice and within moments, two servant rushed in. The first with a cup of water with more ice than Jonas necessarily thought good for him at all. More like a bucket…

And the second walked in with a large metal platter that he knew was used to reflect his image. Though how efficient that is, was beyond questionable. 

That reminded Jonas; glass. That was just another thing on his list of things to get done. His plate was beyond full already, yet he could not, or more likely would not live without glass. 

Medulis summoned a mage-light.

Just as he was about to continue that train of thought, he froze as he stared at the reflection in front of him. 

Gone was his normality. Instead he had flames for hair and a swaying fire drifting off him like cloth.It fluttered back and forth to an unseen current.

But that wasn’t the most eye catching thing between them all. 

No, not at all.

That was given to his frickin golden eyes and the eerie light they shone.

 Hey! Two things of import. First and foremost is an April oft. I've disappeared from the seen for a while but am slowly getting back on track. Writing will be slow until spring break and more importantly summer break.

 

second and more relevant to you guys is that I am moving the plot forward. I plan to change the time Jonas spent in the fire domain from 100 days to seven. That's so he can be apart of the defense and planning. 

hope you enjoy!

 

6