Chapter 4: Monster ☆
2.3k 4 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Rewritten Chapter (10/29/2023)

 

Chapter 4: Monster

 

🎥 Public recording of conference #322: Evolutionary theory of the human brain.

"...One hundred billion neurons for every human being, of which only 15% are active. Not to mention, there are more connections in the human body than there are stars in the galaxy."

"However, even in the current era where quirks have expanded our understanding of biology, it has been impossible to understand even a fraction of the true potential of the human brain.

Nezu explains in detail, sitting comfortably in the middle of an interview set as the camera focuses on him and the audience around him listens with interest. Given this, the person next to him adjusts his glasses and intervenes.

"More than a hundred million babies are born every year... And according to some theories from my colleagues on I-Island, quirks become more complex with each generation. Around one hundred million genetic combinations per year... Thousands of quirks related to the brain and yet to date no important cases have been registered..." David Shield gives his opinion as the camera focuses on him.

"...At least not naturally." He adds silently, as he glances at Nezu out of the corner of his eye and nods respectfully.

"In conclusion!" Nezu exclaims happily, taking a sip of the tea before continuing. "The human brain has a gigantic information network to which there is almost no access... And it is only a little more developed than the brain of a primate. Hahaha!" He laughs out loud as the show's host and the audience smile nervously.

"Mr. Principal, if I may ask a question." The host of the program intervenes.

"Of course." Nezu replies, taking another sip of tea nonchalantly.

"What could happen if, for some unknown reason, a person manifested a quirk capable of bypassing those limitations and managed to release 100% of his brain capacity?" The host asks seriously.

"The 100%?"

"Yeah."

"In a nutshell, that would certainly be fascinating... And terrifying, oh... Very terrifying."

Nezu muttered sinisterly with a strange glint in his eyes, possibly contemplating all possible scenarios as his teacup fell to the ground and broke into many pieces.

Immediately afterward, a dead silence spread throughout the recording set, the host, the audience, the cameramen... All of them remained silent as they absorbed Nezu's words.

Then David Shield with a completely serious expression on his face whispered what everyone present was thinking as the camera image zoomed out dramatically.

"A monster."

~

~

~

"Let's go to some commercials..."


POV Isamu Midoriya

I watch with interest on my curious phone as the old recording I found on the internet ends abruptly, causing an action-thirsty smile to spread across my face.

I'm sure Nezu and I would get along very well... Oh, I can't wait to build my own giant robot and challenge Nezu to a battle of epic proportions.

But first I need a proper base of operations... The recurring intrusions into my room by Izuku and Bakugo have become a bit frustrating since I obviously have to hide my inventions to avoid suspicion.

Unfortunately, the night before, the idiots crushed and rendered useless one of my prototypes camouflaged as one of my toys. Hours of effort and work went to waste in an instant, so one look from me was enough to make them flee my room.

They will get what they deserve soon.

Regarding my finances...

"Isamu-Kun! Stop playing with that toy phone and join your classmates!" A kind female voice exclaims from the distance, breaking me out of my thoughts as I quickly hide my phone and stand up.

I almost forgot... I'm in kindergarten now.

"Oki~Doki, Sensei!" I exclaim happily with a bright smile, quickly joining a group of children my age and watching through the windows as a light rain falls on the playground.

Then, under Sensei's orders, we began to sing a silly children's song intended for rainy days like today.

Right now I should be expanding my influence or designing twisted weapons that would strike terror into the hearts of heroes, instead of singing catchy nursery rhymes.

But I must keep up appearances... It's a risk I'm willing to accept.

"Pitch~pitch, chap~chap, run~run~run!"

~

~

~


"Sensei! Take a chaos cookie!" I exclaim happily, handing a cookie to Sensei while keeping an angelic smile on my face. After all, I'm her favorite student.

This cookie is the perfect combination of sugar and cookie flour, not to mention the carefully calculated baking time along with the right amount of chocolate chips and lots of love...

"As always, it is very kind of you, little Isamu-Kun." She responds with a small smile, biting and savoring the chaos cookie with delight. "That cookie was very delicious." She murmurs, ruffling my hair before yawning and heading to the nap area.

...And of course, a pinch of a powerful sleeping pill.

"I think a little break wouldn't hurt... Children, be good while my eyes relax for a couple of minutes... Isamu-Kun will be in charge in the meantime." She murmurs sleepily, lying comfortably on one of the futons on the floor before falling fast asleep.

"Oki~Doki, Sensei." I hum innocently as a small crowd of very curious and eager children quickly gathers behind me.

"Sensei fell asleep again!"

"And she left Isamu-Sama in charge!"

"Hurrah!"

The crowd of little children exclaim happily behind me as I slowly turn towards them with a small evil smile spreading across my face. "Sensei has entrusted me with the responsibility of all of you... And I don't plan on letting her down." I say seriously with my hands behind my back while the crowd of children listens to me attentively.

With great power comes great responsibility... HAHAHA BORING!

"Isamu Vi Midoriya commands you!" I brazenly exclaim, extending my right arm forward and pointing at them dramatically. "All of you, have fun!" I finish my speech, throwing lots of candy into the air over them.

"YES!!!"

"Isamu-Sama is the best!"

"He's so cool!"

Before I arrived at kindergarten, these brats were wild beasts but it didn't take me long to tame them without them realizing it... And now they are my faithful puppies.

Kindergarten is under my control.


POV Izuku Midoriya

I am Izuku Midoriya, I am 8 years old and I must proudly admit that I have the best little brother in the world. But...

"Kacchan, we have a problem." I murmur nervously, walking with Kacchan towards the kindergarten as the dark clouds in the sky hide the sun and anticipation grows more and more in me.

"Is the brat still angry at us for walking into his room and accidentally breaking one of his toys?" Kacchan asks seriously as I nod slightly. "Shit." He growls as he kicks a nearby rock into a puddle of water.

There is a small superstition among us related to Isamu, every time he gets angry with someone a curse usually falls on the person responsible. Bad luck, embarrassing situations, or even small accidents seem to follow those who have incurred his wrath.

"Do you remember when I accidentally dropped him when he was a baby... The next day he destroyed my limited edition All Might figure... Accidentally." Kacchan growls, making quotes with his fingers to emphasize the point.

"Or that time in the park when Tsubasa's bastard kicked a soccer ball and ended up throwing a baby tooth at the brat... Three days later Tsubasa had an accident and broke his legs and wings." He murmurs with a small smile of pride spreading across his face.

"...I have no proof but I have no doubt either."

"Kacchan, you are exaggerating, it is likely that those events were simply a series of coincidences." I snort with a small knowing smile. Knowing Kacchan's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually the one responsible for getting revenge on Tsubasa in the park.

"Why do you smile? Are you making fun of me?!" Kacchan exclaims angrily, generating small explosions in the palms of his hands menacingly before a strange feeling of being watched from a distance makes me quickly look around. "What the hell is wrong with you now, Nerd?"

"I don't know, but I feel like someone is spying on us." I whisper as I scratch my head nervously. Maybe it's just my imagination.

"No way, do you think I, the next Number One Hero, wouldn't notice that instantly?" Kacchan mocks me, pointing a thumb at himself presumptuously while I simply snort.

Not long after, we finally reached our destination and approached the huge doors of the kindergarten. Our strategy is simple but effective, Kacchan and I will use part of our allowance and take Isamu-Kun to eat ice cream, that will surely appease his anger and we will be safe from the curse.

Fortunately, we have a couple of hours to spare before going home since our Sensei had a bad stomachache, allowing us to leave school early...

Then Kacchan pushed open the doors and we entered the kindergarten only to instantly flinch at what was on the other side of the doors.

On the other side of the doors was Isamu-Kun standing with his arms crossed and looking at us with a completely serious expression on his face.

"Oh, what a coincidence... You guys have arrived just in time to play heroes and villains with us."

Behind him, a crowd of small children stared at us as if they were fearsome predators and we were their prey.

"Today must be our lucky day..."

"Chaos puppies! Attack!"

"Which one of you damn brats wants to be the first to die?!" Kacchan exclaims defiantly, beginning to generate sparks in the palms of his hands menacingly as an action-thirsty smile spreads across his face.

"Kacchan, violence is not the solution to all your problems!"

"Shut up, that's how I was raised!"

Then a bucket of ice water fell on Kacchan, taking him by surprise and soaking him completely. "Loser!" A little boy exclaims, floating in the air above us with the help of his quirk.

As a result, being completely soaked in ice water makes it impossible for Kacchan to secrete sweat, therefore... At this moment he is as Quirkless as I am. "Shit..." is all he can mutter in shock.

Immediately afterward, we were outnumbered and crushed under the crowd of wild children without being able to do anything about it... All this while those evil children laughed at us and covered us with snot.

Those kids are definitely bad influences on my little brother!

~

~

~

Maybe these events are simply coincidences... Or maybe a kind of curse... However, I am completely convinced of one thing...

Never provoke Isamu Midoriya's wrath.


POV Isamu Midoriya

Outside an ice cream shop.

"Guys, I'm not angry anymore!" I exclaim happily after having devoured a delicious chocolate ice cream. At my comment, Izuku and Bakugo breathed in relief in front of me.

Bribing me with ice cream was a desperate attempt on their part to satisfy my little childish tantrum and disappear the effects of what they call... >The Curse< The imagination of 8-year-old children is very curious.

However, it is evident to me what those looks of relief hide. Bakugo's ego has been severely bruised and Izuku's fragile self-esteem is in tatters... Not to mention their school uniforms are a mess.

I think my little chaos puppies went a little overboard... They make me proud.

It must be very humiliating for Izuku and Bakugo to be defeated by the kindergarteners... I guess I can use this to my advantage to give them some character development.

"Sorry, guys... It was my fault the kindergarteners were a little rough." I murmur, drawing their attention while I scratch my head in apparent nervousness and guilt.

"I bragged about how amazing you two were... That in a few years you guys would enter U.A... And become the best heroes in Japan, even surpassing All Might." I muttered carefully, causing Izuku to tense and Bakugo to clench his fists.

"For that reason, my kindergarten classmates did not hesitate to hold back in the face of future big heroes." I murmur with a small comforting smile before guiltily lowering my head and focusing my attention on my shoes.

A pair of rocket shoes wouldn't hurt... I'll definitely add it to my to-do list once I'm done with this dramatic lie.

"Isamu... I never asked you before for fear of your answer... But do you really think I can become a hero without a quirk?"

Shit...

That question was supposed to be pivotal to Izuku's canonical event in the future when he meets All Might... But clearly, my presence has changed things.

Bah! It would be silly to worry about that. Besides, I'm sure I'll be able to think of something when the time comes. After all, when I'm around coincidences don't exist... Hehe.

"Oniichan, everyone says that it is a silly and impossible dream to aspire to be a hero without a quirk... But despite the circumstances you have never given up on your dream and that is really very admirable." I whisper, clenching my fists not even daring to look at Izuku. "That is why..."

I pause calculatedly as my words are absorbed by Izuku, who must be on the verge of a panic attack. Then I raised my head quickly with determination and looked him in the eyes intently.

"You're my hero!"

"It doesn't matter what anyone says! I believe in you...!"

I exclaimed at the top of my lungs before Izuku suddenly hugged me tightly, starting to cry almost immediately. "I... I really... I really needed to hear that." Izuku says shakily with his face soaked in tears before a huge smile spreads across his face. "Thanks, little brother."

Sometimes a little white lie is much better than the hard truth... I guess that makes me a good brother. Don't worry, Izuku, your little brother will make you stronger, and when the time finally comes... We will fight.

Then Izuku and Bakugo promised to train very hard and become stronger under the pretext of... In Bakugo's words:

("We'll show the damn kindergarten brats their place.")

~

~

~

They will become the heroes this twisted world needs... And I will become the villain the world needs... Perfectly balanced, as everything should be.


Hours later, I was in the privacy of my room, monitoring the total sales of my hit video game and preparing some future updates until I was suddenly kicked off the servers by an error message.

But that was just the beginning, in a span of a few minutes my video game disappeared from all app stores... Five Nights at Freddy's was no longer available online.

"Heh?" I muttered confused, thinking and calculating all the possible scenarios as my frustration grew more and more. This will certainly delay my plans.

Therefore, I quickly grabbed my phone and called the person in charge of managing everything related to the distribution of my video game as well as all those boring legal procedures that come with it.

📱 "Oh, I knew you would call any minute..." 

"Hey, Giran! You assured me that you would keep everything running without raising suspicions. What the hell just happened?!" I exclaim impatiently as I pace back and forth in my room visibly angry.

The person on the other end of the line is Kagero Okuta, also known in the criminal underworld as Giran, he is a decent information broker and a businessman with a lot of influence inside and outside of Japan. Someone like him is invaluable to my plans so I offered him an offer he couldn't refuse.

This is how (Cognito Inc.) emerged, a small company initially dedicated to the development of video games that gained a lot of popularity with the launch of Five Nights at Freddy's. Where Giran obviously appears as a partner under one of his false names.

Furthermore, he doesn't seem to care that I, a four-year-old boy, have developed a complex video game and speak with a sophisticated and disturbing vocabulary as if I had gone to university. Surely he has seen many strange things throughout his life and this does not surprise him... So he refrains from asking questions.

However, he is not stupid, he knows perfectly well the potential that our small company represents and that video game development is just the beginning of a future financial empire.

"Yes, about that... Does the term copyright sound familiar to you? Of course you do... You're a precocious know-it-all. It turns out that the success of the video game attracted unwanted attention from another competing company that also develops video games."

"They were very insistent on trying to buy our small company, so I politely declined all offers no matter how tempting they were. Then they threatened to plunge us into bankruptcy and buy out what was left of Cognito Inc."

"Therefore, they have used their influence and initiated a legal dispute over the copyright of Five Nights at Freddy's only to harm us and cripple our income. Behind the scenes, there is a lot more than just paperwork... That's how this charmingly shady world of business really works."

I listen to Giran explain calmly on the other end of the line as if all this were an everyday occurrence for him. Although I was a little surprised by the copyright dispute considering that I plagiarized the idea of my previous world since the video games developed in this world are garbage.

Those bastards just want to stall for time, falsely accusing us while the distribution of my video game is paralyzed, losing popularity and generating criticism among consumers.

Adults really are pathetic... I wouldn't be surprised if this world eventually ends up like the last one...

 "Consider it a lesson and accept it, kid." 

"Giran... How long will it take you to solve this problem?" I murmur monotonously.

...Although, unlike my previous life...

"Let me make some calls and in a month at most the game will be back online and we will be generating excellent income again... Unless of course, they drop the copyright dispute, which I highly doubt."

...This time I have the power to change the destiny of this twisted world...

"Giran, I need you to get me some things from the toy store as soon as possible... And I'll also need explosives... A lot of explosives."

...And I plan to do it with a crooked smile on my face.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Kid... I'm not supposed to ask questions... But what the hell are you thinking?"

"Play a game."


Two days later.

"Does anyone know when the technician will arrive? The security cameras throughout the building still continue to fail."

"Right now, that's the least of our problems... Hey brat, I told you not to run!"

"Guys, I need backup! The teacher has lost control of the children! I repeat, children are out of control! One of them even got into the ventilation ducts!"

"Cool, a radio! Now I'm an underpaid security guard! Hahaha! Give it back to me right now, brat! Catch me if you can loser!"

"Who the hell authorized a kindergarten excursion to the facilities of a video game company? Because someone is going to be fired!"

An evil smile spreads across my face, listening through my toy radio to the transmissions of the building's security guards while I crawl through the ventilation ducts as if I were a spy kid.

This is very exciting! Plus, everything is going according to plan.

Step number 1: Corrupt the security system without raising alarms and extend a false invitation for an educational tour of the facilities of that damn video game company.  ✔️

Step number 2: Convince Sensei to accept the excursion invitation. The excessive insistence of the other children along with my all-powerful puppy eyes will be enough to break her will.  ✔️

Step number 3: Pass the security check at the reception, no one should bother to search the backpacks of the defenseless kindergarten children and in case I am wrong, they would only find some plush dolls in my backpack.  ✔️

Step number 4: Manipulate/Bribe my chaos pups with lots of candy in a competition to show who can piss off the most security guards while I take advantage of the distraction and sneak away pretending to be just another naughty brat.  ✔️

Step number 5: In process...

"Pitch~pitch, chap~chap, run~run~run."

I hum happily, taking out a small plush jester-shaped doll from my heavy backpack before placing it next to a vent and continuing with my adventure.

Then little by little my backpack became much lighter as I strategically hid my little plush toys throughout the upper floors of the building until I finally returned to the kindergarten children.

"...And all you gremlins... Never come back!"

A security guard exclaims from a distance with his arms crossed... As expected, security has kicked us out of the building.

"You should see the gift I left in the bathroom!"

"Loser!"

"Sensei, I'm hungry!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... They're usually good kids."


POV Third person.

The next day in the Giran office.

"What are you doing here, kid? Shouldn't you be at school pretending to be a normal kid, eating snot, or singing nursery rhymes?" Giran asks with a shitty little smile spreading across his face as he waves his hand dismissively, taking a seat comfortably behind his desk. "What are you really planning, kid?" He whispers, narrowing his eyes at the little uninvited guest.

"Don't worry, right now, everyone in the kindergarten is taking a nap, including Sensei." Isamu responds cryptically with his hands behind his back, observing the landscape of the busy city in detail through a huge window.

"My brother and his loud friend believe that a curse falls on those who unleash my anger, which is funny because I'm so angry right now. We have been attacked, our profits have been negatively affected and consequently, my plans have been delayed." He mutters, pulling his phone out of his right pocket before slowly turning around.

"What do you mean by that exactly? I thought we had already discussed on the phone that..." Giran's words died in his mouth as a shiver spread throughout his body as he looked at Isamu's face.

"I will make this world my playground and anyone who stands in my way will be crushed under my little feet. As if everything were a twisted video game where I have two options, win or lose... There is no middle ground."

"And I don't plan to lose."

He mutters sinisterly with a crooked smile on his face, pressing a small button on his phone. "Those bastards messed with the wrong person."

It was then that with the simple push of a button, the curtain unfolded and a fabulous and twisted show began... All orchestrated by a little boy with an extraordinary and very chaotic mind.


💥 An epic sequence of events begins. 💥

☆☆☆ CLICK HERE TO PLAY VIDEO ☆☆☆

💥 Ends epic sequence of events. 💥


(He is a monster in the form of a little boy...) Was Giran's thought regarding Isamu after witnessing the chaos unleashed in just a few minutes.

"If my calculations are correct the upper floors should have been completely evacuated in time as a result of the blackout and smoke coming out of the ventilation ducts. Furthermore, many heroes were conveniently around the building, so there should only be a few injured."

Isamu explains calmly, waving his hand dismissively as the incessant blaring of emergency sirens can be heard in the distance. "I'm not a mass murderer, Giran... I have standards."

"Leaving these little things aside... How about we talk about business? Because I'm sure the insurance company won't cover the damages, bankruptcy is imminent..."

"So, Giran, get ready to buy what's left of that video game company and make sure they drop the copyright dispute. Finally, fire the entire board of directors." Isamu hums, watching with fascination a huge plume of smoke rise in the distance.

"While that sounds great, we don't have enough..." Giran mutters, still trying to take in the situation before Isamu brazenly raises his index finger and interrupts Giran.

"Don't worry about the money, during the blackout our bank account balance increased considerably... Let's consider that as an anonymous donation." Isamu hums as an evil smile spreads across his face.

Immediately afterward, Giran's laughter echoed throughout the office. He now knows what kind of monster Isamu Midoriya is and knows without a doubt that no one and nothing will be able to stop the chaos that is coming.

"Giran, this is the opportunity you've always been waiting for! Cognito Inc. will not only develop video games... Over time we will develop Technology, medicine, support equipment for heroes, and many other fun things!" Isamu exclaims with great excitement before quickly extending his right arm forward and pointing at Giran epically.

"Extend the influence of Cognito Inc. to every corner of this world no matter the cost! That's an order!"

"Yes, Little Boss!"

Giran responded without hesitation with a huge shark smile... In his eyes, there was respect, admiration, and deep down... Fear.


Hours later at the Midoriya residence.

"...We are at the scene of the attack, the police have come to the conclusion that it was not an accident and have announced that they will do everything possible to discover the truth... Fortunately, no fatalities have been reported..."

"Everyone at school was talking about it... It's terrifying to think that my little brother was in that same building on a field trip just a day ago with the other kindergarteners." Izuku stutters, thinking about how close his little brother came to danger before a completely serious expression spreads across his face and he clenches his fists.

"I hope All Might and the heroes find that heartless villain and lock him up for life in Tartarus." Izuku whispers ominously as his eyes shine brightly.

"So much destruction, so much chaos... What kind of person could be capable of something like that...? Just thinking about it makes me nauseous." Inko murmurs fearfully before she and Izuku whisper in unison the first thing that comes to mind.

"...A monster."

Meanwhile, little Isamu remained silent before heading to his room without attracting attention while the word MONSTER echoed in his mind. "They're exaggerating... I'm not that bad, right?" He whispers in front of the mirror in his room.

In his reflection, there was a crooked smile...


To Be Continued...

☆ In the next chapter! Chapter 5: Everywhere and Nowhere! ☆

88