Chapter 8: Ultra Despair Kids – Eri ☆
155 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Rewritten Chapter (12/25/2023)

 

Chapter 8: Ultra Despair Kids – Eri

POV Eri

Dad told me that he would always protect me...

Mom told me that I was the most important thing to her...

My grandfather told me that everything would be fine...

They lied to me.

I'm cold... My hands are shaking with fear... I hate this feeling of despair that is growing more and more inside me... I wish I could just wake up from this horrible nightmare...

Adults are very scary...

“You can hate me all you want, but that won't change anything.” The monster murmurs, escorting me into my room after he collected several samples of my blood… Again and again…

“I will do whatever it takes to save the world from the impurity of the quirks and return the Shie Hassaikai to its former glory... And you, Eri, are the key to it.”

I shudder at his words as I quickly take a couple of steps back, completely terrified. “You're too young to understand it.” He clicks his tongue in frustration before turning around and leaving my room.

“You were a very obedient little girl today… So I had one of my lackeys get you a new toy… According to television, children love those things.” He murmurs monotonously, waving his hand dismissively before beginning to slowly close the door.

“Anyway… Tomorrow I will start a new phase in the experiments…”

“…Eri.”

The monster uttered in a voice that made my blood run cold and made me shudder again as he closed and locked the door from the outside to prevent me from trying to escape.

Why?

Why is this happening to me?

I shakily walk towards my bed, ignoring all the toys around me before lying down on this cold and uncomfortable bed.

This is my fault...

Because of me, Dad disappeared...

Because of me, my mother abandoned me and referred to me as a demon... A demon that couldn't be her daughter...

This is all my fault… I am a demon and this is my punishment…

Someone…

Please…

“Save me.”

I whispered weakly as a tear slid down my face.

“Pupupupupu...”

A strange laugh not far from me makes my eyes widen in surprise, making me quickly look towards the source of the sound only to freeze in fear at the strange sight.

In the darkness of my room, a strange teddy bear slowly rose from the floor while one of its eyes glowed red. “An innocent child is driven to the brink of despair by the ambitions of adults… It seems like a pretty cliche character development in this twisted little world.”

The teddy bear utters in a robotic and childish voice as he advances towards my direction, climbing onto my bed and getting closer and closer to me. “But that strong desperation is the perfect trigger for hope to emerge…”

“And I plan to make that hope shine.”

“Don't hurt me… Please…” I whisper shakily, hiding my face in my knees with no idea what to do as the strange teddy bear sits next to me, causing me to shiver out of mere instinct.

“I have no intentions of harming you… I am Monokuma, a fluffy and enviably adorable teddy bear remotely controlled by a charismatic and cool boy!” Monokuma exclaims, pointing to himself proudly before striking a pose.

“It must be really boring being locked inside these walls… Let me help you and show you what freedom means.”

He doesn't want to hurt me... Does he want to help me...?

This caused a warm feeling to spread across my chest and my lips curled slightly trying to form a small smile only for the memory of the monster to destroy that feeling along with my attempt to smile...

“Demons like me don't deserve to smile or be happy…”

I whispered with my head bowed without realizing it before a spongy hand fell on my shoulder. “You're wrong… You're not a demon.”

"How do you know?" I asked quickly, clenching my small fists helplessly as I remembered Mom's cruel words.

“Because the only person in this twisted world who deserves that honor… IS ME.”

He stated determinedly, causing a heavy weight on my shoulders to disappear and my eyes to widen in shock. Am I not a demon? I'm not a demon...

“So tell me, Eri~Chan… What is your most cherished wish?”

“Do you want me to kill them all?”

“Or maybe you want the world to feel your pain?”

“Or better yet... Do you want to make the world burn?”

"No... I don't want anyone to be hurt because of me..."

“Huh? So what do you really wish?”

What do I really wish?

“I… I… I wish…”

"Freedom…"

“I don't want the monster to hurt me again…” I whispered shakily, clenching my fists tightly as my breathing became erratic due to the numerous emotions that spread through my body… Emotions that I couldn't understand…

“I wish for someone to save me from despair…” I whispered weakly, hugging Monokuma tightly as my tears fell on him.

“Hehe… That's enough for me.”

~

~

~


POV Third Person

A few hours later.

In the dead of night, an autonomous truck belonging to Truck-Kun Motors leaves an abandoned warehouse, turns on its headlights, and sets off on a long journey across the city toward its final destination.

However, it wasn't long before another autonomous truck joined the route... And then another... And another... Before long, numerous autonomous trucks were heading to the same destination... From all directions...

Meanwhile, orbiting the earth... A huge satellite monitors the situation in detail while one of its long-range cameras remains fixed on the supplied coordinates.

 

***😈 The administrator has taken control of the satellite. 😈***

 

“Sir, we have lost control of the main satellite again!”

A panicked voice is heard exclaiming through a phone, causing Giran to huff audibly in frustration. “Don't worry... I'll be there right away... Follow protocol and keep this a secret... If anyone asks, it's just a routine test.” Giran orders, ending the call and gritting his teeth.

“That little shit…” He growls, boldly driving a luxurious vehicle in the direction of Cognito Inc's headquarters before stopping abruptly due to the sudden and strange change of the nearby traffic lights.

Immediately afterward, he watches in confusion as a dozen driverless trucks speed past through an intersection, one after the other...

Giran knows perfectly well that those autonomous trucks belong to Cognito Inc… Therefore, he knows that he will probably have to make some calls and be prepared to clean up the coming mess.

"Damn brat! The satellite is not a toy!”


🕹️ A challenge has been started!

At this moment, the fierce evil forces of Hydra are bravely heading towards the Shie Hassaikai's main facility!

Run away right now or get ready to fight for your life!

You have been warned! 🕹️


"What the hell does this mean?" Overhaul growls, glancing irritably at the strange message on his cell phone before realizing that all the subordinates around him also received the same message.

“Whatever it is, the heroes don't seem to be involved… Hydra must just be a small group of villains who don't know their place. The mere fact that they think they can challenge the master's power is unforgivable.” Shin Nemoto shakes his head.

“Although it is worrying that they managed to hack our phones... Therefore, there is a possibility that they somehow know of the existence of these underground facilities.” Chronostasis murmurs thoughtfully.

“Fight for our lives, Hahaha… I really hope it's not an empty threat!” Kendo Rappa exclaims with great enthusiasm.

“I'll step up security around the facility just to be safe.” Mimic states nonchalantly before a strong murderous intent spreads throughout the place, causing all the people present to direct their gazes toward Overhaul.

“The Shie Hassaikai has been insulted… I want all Hydra members dead before dawn.”

“Yes, boss!”


Some minutes later.

POV Isamu

“The first wave begins.”

I hum from the top of a building, watching with morbid interest as a cargo truck breezes through the Shie Hassaikai's makeshift barricades at full speed, only to suddenly crash into a huge muscular man.

That man was none other than Rikiya Katsukame, one of the members of the Eight Bullets and therefore of the Shie Hassaikai... he is an irrelevant carácter

“This won't be enough to stop me!” Rikiya Katsukame exclaimed, digging his feet into the ground and being dragged backward as he held on tightly to the front of the heavy vehicle, cracking and destroying the ground beneath his feet.

Therefore, this caused the speed of the heavy truck to gradually decrease until it stopped completely in the middle of the Shie Hassaikai's garden and was surrounded by numerous gangsters.

"I'm not a vigilante, much less an aspiring hero... I'm just a little boy who plans to turn this boring world into a fantastic playground..."

I whispered seriously, extending my right hand forward in the direction of the cargo truck in the middle of Shie Hassaikai's garden. All this while Rikiya Katsukame and some gangsters opened the rear doors of the cargo compartment, ready to exterminate any enemy inside.

Only for them to take a couple of steps back with obvious shock on their faces after realizing what the truck was carrying.

“…No matter the cost.”

Immediately afterward, numerous holographic circles formed around my right hand as if they were magic circles thanks to a new modality implemented in my Faz-Watch before a predatory smile spread across my face.

~

~

~

💥💥💥💥💥

"EXPLOSION!"

💥💥💥💥💥

~

~

~

I exclaimed with all my might, clenching my fist tightly and activating the powerful explosive charges inside the cargo compartment, causing a huge and majestic explosion to rise into the skies... Ending everything around it.

“What an explosion! What power!”

I exclaimed with stars in my eyes, spreading my arms theatrically to my sides as my little heart beat with great intensity, enjoying the sensation of the gusts of wind produced by the shock wave hitting my skin. “What a great feeling... Of satisfaction.”

The garden was completely destroyed, with no visible trace of Rikiya Katsukame or any other gangster while much of the Shie Hassaikai facilities on the surface suffered serious structural damage.

“The second wave begins!”

I exclaimed happily, pressing a small button on my Faz-Watch, instantly blocking all phone lines, the internet, and any radio transmission in the area along with the electrical supply.

Meanwhile, in the distance, the dark streets were suddenly illuminated by the lights of numerous trucks epically approaching at full speed from all directions…

My name is Isamu Midoriya, but very soon the whole world will know me as Child Emperor...

…Villain For Fun…

…And Symbol Of Chaos.


POV Eri

💤   “Eri… No matter where you hide… I will always find you.”

The monster's sinister voice echoed everywhere as I ran with all my might through a dark and endless hallway until suddenly my feet stopped moving. In front of me, there is now the deformed figure of Kai Chisaki covered completely in darkness while numerous hands made of darkness emerge from his body towards my direction. “The experiments must continue.”

However, a small figure made of darkness emerged from the ground right in front of me holding a strange cannon. “Expecto Patronum!” The small figure exclaimed, protecting me from the darkness while a powerful glowing light destroyed the monster along with the entire place... Making me fall into the void...  💤


A powerful rumble made me fall from my bed, abruptly waking me up from that strange dream. The walls around me cracked slightly, causing dust to spread throughout my room before the sound of screams echoed in the distance.

“The emergency generators are working at maximum capacity!”

“What the hell is happening up there?!”

“No one answers outside! We have lost all contact with Katsukame!”

"This is interesting! The enemy seems to be strong!”

"Everyone shut up! Shin, I want you to take Eri through the underground passages to the secondary laboratory! You and you go with him!"

“Chrono come with me! The rest go investigate what the hell is happening!”

The monster's voice echoed in the distance, making me shudder and quickly cling tightly to Monokuma, who was completely silent and motionless... There was no trace of the mysterious red light in his eyes...

It wasn't long before men with terrifying masks rushed into my room and tried to separate me from him. “I don't want to be separated from Monokumal! I do not want! I do not want!" I exclaim on the verge of tears as I cling with all my might to Monokuma.

I must be brave...

"We don't have time for a childish tantrum, let the brat keep the damn teddy bear... The master has entrusted us with a very important task." The man in charge growls, grabbing my wrist tightly before we all leave the room…

He told me… He told me that he would come for me…

Then as we advanced through numerous hallways, a warm feeling once again spread through my chest... Now I am sure that that feeling is nothing more nor less than... Hope.

Immediately afterward, an explosion created a huge hole in one of the walls in front of us, causing the men in terrifying masks to stop and prepare for combat as a small figure slowly emerged from the smoke.

Please…

Please save me!

“Eri~Chan close your eyes… The rating of this quest just changed to not suitable for children.”

Then I closed my eyes tightly.

Dad told me that he would always protect me… Mom told me that I was the most important thing to her… My grandfather told me that everything would be okay… They all lied to me.

However, the kid in front of me… He didn't lie to me.

My horrible nightmare was about to end and maybe... Just maybe, I'll remember how to smile again...


To Be Continued...

☆ In the next chapter! Chapter 9: Ultra Despair Kids – Child Emperor ☆

5