Love from a Knife
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked through a splitter field, for one has to sacrifice for the scent of those flowers. Their scent lures me and strips me of all senses. A splinter pierces into my foot, and pain hits me like lightning. I scream and scream until my mouth is scratched. But the flowers call to me, and I must answer. I walk for hours but never reach them, as if they run away from me.

Do they not want me? No, how ridiculous. I must not be walking fast enough.

But how fast could I have walked? The splinters before scattered on the floor, now united in mounds. They glare at me as I sneak past them. The taste of the flower's sweet nectar aches in my neck. I have to move. I have to have it.

What if there is something better?

Nothing but dark splinters surround me. They hang from trees and leap on me. Where do they come from? I wonder how I got here. I have been here before, but it wasn’t like this. The first time I entered into a lush green garden where grass danced beneath my feet. Cool air ruffled my feet, and for the first time, that smell enchanted me. But I never touched them, never did I see their beauty.

But I must. It will all be worth it. Every price has its reward, right? But they were the ones who called me. Why then, do they not do anything?

Cloud-veiled mountains look down upon me. Sometimes they send their breeze to comfort me. Their grass waves at me, and their clouds shade me. They seduce me, but I’m not that stupid. I must remain focused. I stumble and fall into a sea of splinters. They shackle me, and I lose all senses. Only a constant pain remains like a constant ringing. I focus on the smell, but now it comes mixed with dirt and mud. I struggle, but they strangle me more. So, I stop.

If I die, I’ll die here.

The splinters flash, and thunder roars. The splinters catch free, and embers rain on me. Their sparkles like tiny diamonds, and they break my chains. I clean myself. Thunder growls and the splinters tremble. They clear a path to the mountains. But there is no grass beneath them, maybe never was.

can’t leave, can I? How will I live without them? What am I without them?

They don’t want me. Why should I want them? I walk on the cleared path, and the smell intensifies. It breaks through my nostrils and trances me. But I keep on, and finally, I reach the soft grass. The scent still lingers. I wonder if I’ll ever move on. If I'll ever be whole without them.

The clouds darken, and it rains.

0