You see her?
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You see her?


John drove back from a party. His car's headlights beamed on the curved roof of the bent trees. His eyes weighed heavily from sleep. Lucy leaned back in her seat beside him. Her blond hair shone in the night. Cherry-red lipstick adorned her thin lips. She snuggled into his leather jacket. A woman in tight blue jeans and a white tank top stood by the side of the road.


“Jenny?” John looked at her as the car passed. He looked back, but nothing.

“Jenny?” said Lucy. “Your ex-girlfriend who died?”

“Yeah, I think I... nothing.”

“Oh, so, you are now seeing her even after her death.”

“Woo, calm down. She's dead. Have some respect.”

“I have some respect?”


Jenny stood in the distance. The white light spread over her smiling face and her full pink lips. Her black hair sparkled in the white light. “Look, there she is again,” John pointed at her.

“Where?”

The car passed her, and John took his head out of the car window. Lucy slapped his head from behind, and he bumped his head as he tried to get back in.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Oh, now something is wrong with me? You're here lusting after your dead girlfriend’s ghost.”

“Chill, baby, we didn’t break up on a good note. She thought I didn't love her anymore and that I was somehow cheating on her. She was crazy. Said she wanted to kill me.”

“Yeah, so, now, you've resurrected her from the dead.”

“You think I have to do something with it.”

“Then why are you ogling her?”

“Because it’s a ghost.”

“Yeah, of your dead girlfriend.”

“Why are you so angry all of a sudden?”

“Yeah, you want me angry, don’t you? So, you can run after her.”

“How can I even—.” Jenny came in front of the car, and he punched the brakes. His head slapped against the glass.

“Oh, now you are trying to kill me,” said Lucy, and John growled. “I’m going.” She opened the door and slammed it shut.

“No, wait, where are you going? It’s the middle of the night.”

She kicked the ground and walked into the darkness. John waited for half an hour before he went after her.

“Lucy,” he shouted as he opened the door and went into the dark woods. He shouted her name again and again. Jenny came out from the darkness. Blue eyeshadow and white nail polish adorned her. Her high heels crunched the autumn leaves. Dark red lipstick coated her lips.

“Jenny, how are you doing this?” He backed up. She grabbed his hands and drew near. Her lips were inches away from his.

“No, no,” he pushed her. “Where is Lucy?” he whispered. Her red lipstick melted into blood, it dripped from her mouth. “Lucy!” Jenny’s claws came out. “Lucy! It’s me, John.”

Lucy came out from behind a tree. “John?” He took a step forward, and she cried, “Behind you.”

A warm air swept his back, and he clenched. He turned on his heel and punched her in the face as she jumped on him. Jenny lay on the ground with dry leaves. He grabbed Lucy’s hand, and they ran toward the car. He turned the key, and Jenny jumped on the front window with a thump. Her eyes popped out as though they would fall at any moment. Her teeth were as long and sharp as a saber-toothed lion. Her hair flowed in the air. He punched the accelerator and jammed the car into a tree. Jenny flew, and he backed up and drove the car away. They walked into the tight corridor of John’s apartment. Lucy's hair had a weird smell like that of copper. She pushed against him in the dark.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

“It’s okay,” he said.

“You saved me, even after I… I wanted to thank you.”

“Oh?”

She drew near, her breasts pressed against his chest. She lifted her face.

"Baby, I don't think it's the right time," he said.

"Oh, it's exactly the right time." Her eyes glowed red, and her claws came out with a shing 

0