Second Life – Adventuring!
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I was younger, I used swing curtain rods as if they were swords. They were long and rigid and gave a satisfying whoosh sound when swung hard enough.

I had grabbed a new kind from my mother’s closet and saw that these ones were much lighter, much less rigid than the other ones. But the whoosh sound they gave was even more satisfying so I was excited.

I ran outside and grabbed the nearest playmate I could find. I had him grab his own sword (a nearby branch) and I announced the start of sword swinging practice. I swung my sword, and with a satisfying whoosh, I cut the air. He did the same and while his whoosh wasn’t as sharp as mine, it was acceptable.

We did this for a few swings and once I thought we were well-trained enough, I announced that it was now time for a spar of the two heroes, to determine which one of us would be the actual hero and which one would be the secondary hero.

I readied my blade and he readied his. We touched our swords as a sign of honor among knights and we commenced our duel.

I swung and he swung. A whoosh came as our swords met in the middle, and as they did, I heard a shatter. My sword broke into a million pieces and the shards scattered, while his sword broke through to hit my unguarded cheek.

The next thing I knew I was on the ground, and he was crying. My face had gone numb and my eye began to close on its own. I saw him run off to his house and I was left there alone, to swallow my defeat. I looked down and saw there was red dripping down onto the dirt under me. I reached out and touched my cheek. My fingers came back down stained with red, and I saw a small bit of flesh stuck on my nail.

My playmate came back with an adult, most likely his mother. She yelled and ran over to me and held my head. My playmate was crying while his mother was also beginning to cry.

So I started to cry.

___________________________________

I woke up in a bed. The blankets were rough and itchy and I could feel the wooden frame under me. Small beams of light streamed inside and one of them seemed to find a direct resting place on my eyes.

The sounds of people talking and animals moving echoed in the room. The room began to brighten and as my eyes began to focus, I looked at the surrounding bedside I was lain in.

There was a small wooden nightstand next to me, and next to that one was another bed much like the one I laid in. Above me was a window with patterned curtains, which while effective, still let in enough sunlight to kill a single vampire.

Near the door, there was a set of bags, ones that seemed not for fashion, but for utility. There were patches sewn onto the leather and next to them, were a few covered, rod-shaped items.

I stood up and walked over to the bigger window, the one which seemed to have the noise coming from it. Pulling the curtain, I took a wide view of what was a scene I would have never expected in my life.

There were buildings made of dark brown wood and chipped stone, topped with red ceramic roofing. I could see signs with black anvils and others with bronze wooden mugs. I heard the clanging of what was probably a hammer on metal and I could smell the scent of wheat and bread. And down, down on the road, I saw assortments of people I had never seen in my life. A young teenager with the ears of an animal was talking to another with the tail of a primate. A cow-like creature was being led by a person with the very same patterns on his skin. On the far side, a person with long ears and dressed in a green tunic was bartering with another that was short and stumpy whose beard was ruffled and tied.

I stepped back from the window with almost a stumble and grabbed the frame of the bed.

What the hell was this? Where am I?

Was I kidnapped and drugged?

Is this some kind of hell? Or some kind of heaven?

I tried to rapidly put the pieces together in my mind, but it remained unclear.

THINK.

Number 1: I had been stabbed in my father’s house.

That was true.

Number 2: I fell down the wooden stairway and broke… at least some parts of me.

That was true too.

Number 3: I woke up in some fantasy setting in a room I’ve never been in before.

That was… also true.

I wasn’t sure how or why, but I felt that I was far away from the house I stayed in. Somewhere that would considered not even remotely related to that empty house.

I breathed a sigh of relief and sat down. I wasn’t sure where I was or why I was here, but one thing stuck in the front of my mind.

I had never seen so much color in my life before.

___________________________________

I made my way downstairs. Wherever I was, I was in some kind of tavern or inn of sorts. Since there was a second bed and a few bags that I counted, I could tell that whoever also stayed in my room probably also took care of me.

There had been a small tub of water and towels under the bed, as well as a glass of water on the night stand. The chair seemed to have been shifted to be near my bed and my clothes had been changed while I slept.

That person was probably somewhere on the first floor and I needed to meet them. Hopefully they could tell me what had happened, or at least what was going on.

As I stepped down onto the first floor, the sound of music and people cheering echoed in the room. I saw a similar sight to the one outside, albeit on a smaller scale. A shorter than normal person played what looked to be a guitar while another followed along with a short flute.

The people sitting at the tables were engaged in conversation or were cheering on the musicians. I could see women with aprons setting up tables and a gruff-looking bartender chatting up a nearby patron. I looked around and tried to take in the excitement until I heard a sharp shriek.

A young girl, no older than 16, who was dressed in a dark red tunic and short blue skirt pointed at me. She shook the person next to her excitedly, an older woman in a dark green tunic and brown pants. The other two sitting at the table looked over at the young girl as if she was crazy but as they saw me, their eyes seemed to be in even more shock.

The young girl rushed over and darted past some of the other tables, knocking over a waitress’ tray. As she made a beeline towards me, the other three at the table walked over.

I didn’t recognize these four. Or more to say, I didn’t know their faces. The older woman’s eyes seemed quite sharp but from the extended length of her ears, it seemed that she may be part of a fantastical race. The big guy in leather looked to be almost as old as the the woman but he radiated youth and vigor. The last person, and the smallest, was a teenager, probably 13 or 14, who looked somewhat gloomy and uninterested. The young girl who made the beeline towards me had bright brown hair and deep crimson eyes. From her eyes, I could tell that she was a kind child, one that really cared about right and wrong.

I felt a sense of familiarity rise in the back of my head, but I couldn’t quite place it.

“Ahhhhhh!!! You done it millions die fire word!”

The girl ran and tackled me to the ground with a thud. I tried to get back on my feet but she rubbed her face into my shirt and held me in place.

“Ember run go off see under mine blood!”

While she was rubbing her face in my shirt, she began to speak in what I could only describe as fragmented English. While I could understand the words, the structure of the sentence didn’t make any sense at all.

“…sniffle Blue hoards deer gum bugs… sniffle”

The girl seemed to become quieter and quieter until I heard only sobbing. The other three made it over to me and the older woman began to pat the girl on the back.

“Sweet forest amber honey love here… Under toes ember.”

The large person offered his hand and I stood up with the girl still attached to me. She shifted her position to hug me from behind and I followed the three over to their table. The older woman was comforting the girl while the big guy was talking to me enthusiastically.

“Beer ask run under ember hundreds! HAHAHA!”

Ow. Ow. Ow.

His large hand hit my back a few dozen times on the walk over. He ushered me to the empty seat at the edge of the table. He moved a couple of plates over to where I was going to sit, and moved what I assumed to be the girl’s plates to a seat next to mine.

“Cloudy jump skies loot mask done ember…”

The gloomy teenager sat across from me and slid a couple of utensils over. He quickly glanced at the girl and then continued to eat his own meal.

I sat down and stared at what was a pretty extravagant meal. There was a plate filled with two pieces of what I thought was red, charred pork and a small pile of green mush. Next to it was a bowl of what smelled like a chowder. Small specks of yellow were floating along with tiny dots of black, probably pepper.

The big guy sat next to the teenager and began to scarf down his own meal. It looked like they had just started eating. The older woman handed me two small fruits. Judging from the pile in front her, she had peeled a few dozen fruits already.

“Miracle forest bow hidden apple ember travel. Bond you stuck sister sleep.”

She motioned with her chin at the girl next to me. I grabbed and offered one of the peeled fruits to the girl that was still wrapped around me. The girl sniffled and grabbed one of the fruits. I began to hear a crunching sound coming from her down faced head, but she still had her head firmly planted against my side.

The older woman laughed and seemed to be enjoying the sight of us two. She began to peel more of the fruits and grabbed another piece from her bag.

The scent of the food in front of me began to fill my nostrils and my stomach began to grumble. I reached for a spoon and tried the soup first. And while it was a very plain, very almost-to-the-point-of-cold soup, it was still pretty delicious. I grabbed a piece of the hardened meat and chewed it for a minute or two. And while it was burned, not charred, it still tasted delicious. The small pile of mush was almost a paste. It didn’t stay on a fork but needed to eaten as a liquid with a spoon instead. It tasted the least like anything but it was still delicious.

When was the last time?

When was the last time I had eaten a meal like this?

When was the last time I had eaten a meal with anyone else like this?

The other four at the table began to laugh and talk with each other. And while I didn’t understand what they were saying, I could tell that these four had a trust that was almost palpable. They had each other’s best interests in mind and had a sense of something I hadn’t felt in a long time.

It was that feeling that I had hoped to have back in that house. A feeling something like this. This is what I wanted. This sense of… family.

___________________________________

As the meal progressed, the words began to become more like sentences I knew.

“Hahaha! Tough knew under Ember seemingly recover!”

“…yes, yes. Group believed unclear Ember was always clear. But Tough burn cried too, didn’t Tough?”

The big guy turned red and grabbed the gloomy teenager in a headlock.

“Like Cloudy felt clear was unclear too! Cloudy also running city help!”

The two seemed to act like brothers and both seemed to get on each other’s worst side. It was a lively show of brotherly love. The older woman laughed and turned towards me.

“Ember, Cloudy Tough happy under dirt toes. Sickness under clear, Ember?”

The words that kept appearing in their speech were a few. I could tell that the word “Ember” was not referring to sparks or fire, but to me. Cloudy referred to the gloomy teenager while Tough was the big guy. The older woman had been called Forest a couple of times, and the girl that was sitting next to me (who was now eating but still sniffling) was Amber, a name quite similar to my own.

And while they talked to me, I had only been giving nods and shakes at somewhat opportune times, hoping that the response matched what they wanted me to say. A shrug here and there are helped move the conversation along but it was beginning to stress on my mind.

The language they were using was definitely English, or some variation of it. I understood the words but not the meaning behind the sentences. If I used my own words and sentences, would they hear it like I did?

The sentences were slowly becoming more like mine so maybe over time I’d begin to understand, but at the moment it was a bit difficult.

“Ember! Sword see fire smith magic lost! Fight here practice!”

Tough seemed to motion a swing and grabbed his forearm. I understood that it meant he wanted to spar for practice… probably. The basic meaning of the sentences were becoming more clear but it still was jumbled.

“Tough! Ember clear but unclear! Time under rest and eat!”

Amber stood and admonished Tough. The surprising thing was how quickly Tough’s expression changed and he sat back down meekly in his seat. I looked over at the girl next to me.

Is she the boss of this group? They do seem to defer to her.

On a second glance, she was quite young. Maybe she was old as I was when I first started working. If that was the case, I was at least a decade older than her. It was good that youths were still able be taken seriously but as the leader of this group?

I wasn’t sure, but I felt that the way they respected her was inherently different than the way they respected the older woman. It was more of a respect of hierarchy, rather than a respect of age. And this also seemed to carry over to me as well.

The way the others looked at me seemed to hold a deep respect for me, but I knew I had done nothing to earn it. I wasn’t sure, but it definitely felt uncomfortable.

“Tough excited Ember clear, Amber. Fight here practice time Tough another rest, Ember.”

Forest, the older woman, talked Amber down and it seemed that Amber accepted the reasoning. The meal finished and Forest looked over at me.

“Ember, plan further time? Or city outside explore mission?”

Here it was!

I was afraid of questions like this. I could tell that I was the de facto leader of this group in some way or another, and they looked at me to make decisions.

Ahhhh! Don’t look at me with respectful eyes like that!

I don’t know what’s happening, you understand? Just let me enjoy this family atmosphere!

I looked over at her and saw that the other four were also looking at me for guidance.

I took a deep breath and said a single word.

“Toilet.”

I stood up and excused myself from the table, following a couple of others who I assumed were also headed to that place to take care of business.

When I reached the restroom, I closed the door behind me. The first thing I saw was what I could only describe as a chair above a hole. I heaved a heavy sigh and began to think.

If I respond to them in my own sentences, it might sound like nothing to them as well. But if I tried to match their words then maybe it’d work? But no, that was impossible. What if it sounded even worse than if I just spoke regularly?

Ahhhhh! I don’t know what to do!

I had never experienced this much stress before. Not when I had to take over a ten person shift by myself or when I had to run an entire call center with only a single dial-up phone or even when that concrete truck crashed into the building and I had to escape from the falling scaffolding.

The biggest question was whether I was supposed to be someone important to these four or not. I had just woken up and found myself here, but beyond that, I had no other idea of who I was supposed to be. They seemed to know who I was and I was most definitely not a stranger to them. They treated me like a comrade, as a person they’d entrust their lives to.

“Hahaha…”

I sunk down to the floor and put my head into my knees.

I needed to find out more information, first of all. That was most important thing. I needed to practice speaking, I needed to know where I was, and I needed to know who I was. If I was just dropped in here, maybe it was like the start of a game. There may be a backstory with who I was in relation to them, but it may be just part of the setting.

I put my hand on my chin and began to think.

First things first, the language structure seems similar to mine. If I just was able to speak for a little while longer, then I could probably grasp it well enough. Just one dinner was enough to have the meanings of their sentences become just barely understandable.

I covered my mouth and began to think.

If I had a bit more time, and maybe someone else to talk to, all I’d need to do is ask and try to-

I touched my cheek. I stood up as fast as I could and touched my cheek again.

If this was it, then-

I opened the door and went over the water barrel. While it had small bubbles in it from the soap, the water was still reflective enough to see myself in it.

The face that was staring back at me was not my own.

My previous face had black hair and thin brown eyes but the person staring back at me from the barrel was different. The person staring back at me had ruffled brown hair and big crimson eyes.

Eyes and hair just like the girl from outside.

The scar on my cheek was gone. The big, ugly scar that differentiated me from the others was gone and instead was smooth, freckled skin and a youthful face that radiated courage. The tired bags of my eyes were nowhere to seen and instead, in their place, were bright unyielding eyes.

A small drip of red dropped into the barrel and ripples spread out onto the surface. I took my fingers and touched my nose.

Red.

The world began to spin and fade and then it went black.

___________________________________

There was once a pair of two siblings from the Igni family. A older brother and a younger sister.

The older brother was the star of the family. As the only son and heir of the Igni family, he took on many responsibilities even at a young age. He had been taught that as a noble, he would need to look after the common folk as his own, and the value of a commoner was infinitely worth less than a noble. Authority could only be trusted by those who knew how to wield it. It was drilled into him, day after day, and he was taught both etiquette and war. His swordplay was average at best, while he excelled in general affairs. It was expected that while he was not to be a great general in this era of peace, he would lead the family to new political heights through only his wit and his will.

The younger sister shone even brighter than her brother. As the only daughter, she had been expected to conform to the standard practices of a noble house. And while that was true, and she did learn many things a noblewoman would, she also took part in anything she found interesting. She learned horse riding, swordplay, hunting, cooking and even botany. However, she had one point of expertise that she herself found she could never be bored with. Magic.

It was through that magic expertise that she found a way to carve her place in the world. At the young age of ten, she began her journey into magic academia. She learned many things her peers had not and her natural talent placed her at the top of her generation. When she returned home at 15, it was expected that she would be able to support her brother in ways that even the most wealthy nobles could not.

The golden age for the Igni family was set to begin, if not for a few problems exclusive to the Igni family.

The first was its location. As the noble family residing over the Iskil territory, they were bordered by four other families that had a much larger standing than they did. The Igni family could be considered a average noble family, in terms of wealth and standing, but surrounding them on all sides were families that could easily crush them. If war were to ever break out, the Iskil territory would have been the first place to be invaded. It served as a prime way to reach another noble family as well as serving as a strategic area to place a supply line. Constant pressure from these four families had stifled the Igni family’s growth for the last three decades and it was still true as of now.

The second was its current head. The Igni siblings’ father was not a good noble. Not in the way in which he abused his subjects, but rather, he had been born too kind. He felt himself as not worth much more than the people he governed and would constantly wallow in self-doubt. The anxiety would be felt all throughout the Igni family home, and it permeated the territory itself. While this wasn’t seen as a bad thing by the people that lived there, the other family members of the Igni family found it unacceptable. His wife would constantly have to bring him up to the meeting rooms to even take part in them and his brother would take over many of the affairs that the head felt he could not. Therein was the issue. The Head’s brother had been slowly taking over more and more affairs that the Head chose to ignore. As a result, the brother had become the informal head of the Igni family. A person who was not the Head suddenly had the full strength of one. It wouldn’t be strange for their ambition to grow under that circumstance.

The third and last problem were the people in the Iskil territory. While they lived a humble life, many of the people in the Iskil territory were beyond poor. Most served as either farmers or porters. Merchants were few and most of the commerce in the territory came from the nearby lands, rather than inside the territory itself. The lack of a “specialty” had hurt the territory more than it realized. Most of the people in Iskil were lacking in ambition and were more than happy to live comfortable, simple lives. This also meant a severe lack of military fortitude, as the most war any of the commoners had seen were those in books or stories, as well as a severe lack of education, which meant that many of the citizens were complacent.

With these three issues combined, the worst was inevitable. The Kingdom in which the Iskil territory resided in fell into a state of civil war. It wasn’t sure how or why the war began, but there were four families that began to vie for power, and unfortunately, those four families were the neighbors of the Igni.

In almost no time at all, the Igni family and the Iskil territory were watched with hungry eyes. As a prime place to make war, it would only be a matter of time before one of the families would either choose to annex the territory or choose to invade. However, a stalemate occurred.

It made complete sense. The first to invade the territory would be surrounded by enemies on all sides and so the second, or perhaps even the third, would reap the most benefits if they waited. This did not mean that those families did not work in the shadows to try and take the Iskil territory peacefully. Preserving their military strength was by far the most important priority.

The sibling’s uncle handled most of the affairs of the Iskil territory. The head was overwhelmed and had already retreated back into his chambers to try and wait out the war, with his wife following him.

A week into the civil war and the stalemate, the Head of the Iskil family was assassinated.

It was completely expected. The uncle handled all affairs and this included emissaries from the other noble families. Each family offered their own deals for permission to march through the land, and one (or perhaps two) had appealed to the uncle’s ambition. A deal in which the uncle would only need to say yes to, and he would have the full support of a strong noble family.

A day after the Head of the Iskil family was assassinated, the Igni siblings disappeared.

The people believed that the uncle had finally taken it upon himself to take care the loose ends in his household. He would finally be able to take claim of both the Igni name and the territory itself. However, it confused the people when the new head of the Igni family ordered a duchy-wide search for the two siblings.

It was a bit too much of a show now, wasn’t it? The people thought.

However, the new head of the Igni family had earnestly and hurriedly placed an order to search for those two siblings. As part of the deal he had struck with the powerful Neoste family, the younger sister was to be married to the third son, while the older brother was to be stricken from the records and sold as a slave. If the two were not found, it would mean the deal would be incomplete and therefore void. The new head desperately struggled to find the two siblings but to no avail.

The Iskil territory was eventually conquered and annexed by the second most powerful family, the Druss, in a bid to attack the Neoste. It eventually backfired, and the Neoste burned down all of the Iskil territory in a scorched ground tactic. The Igni family was taken apart and the only surviving heir is the infant son of the New Head. The civil war ended with no clear winners. The only casualty was the small duchy in the middle of it all.

___________________________________

On a road in the middle of the Fugue duchy owned by the Hammerne family-

“Ah, uncle got beheaded. Looks like the Igni family is done for.”

“Well, serves him right. He killed father for no reason and now he’s got to pay for it.”

“Geez, Denna. A bit harsh for someone whose flesh and blood.”

“What do you mean, brother? He killed father and planned to sell you into slavery, you know?!”

“Yeah. Still, he was our uncle. Plus, he always gave me snacks when I snuck out of tutoring.”

“Those snacks were worth more than being sold into slavery!?”

“Hahaha… just slightly. He was going to get you married too Denna.”

“Blegh… To that fatty from Neoste, right? He always eyed me when I was at school. I was a kid, you know!”

“You’re still a kid, Denna. Here, come take this.”

“What is it?”

“It’s the family crest. I made sure to take the sword but the crest is what Dad told me not to forget.”

“Eh, you hold onto it. I don’t really care for it. Plus, I don’t plan on having kids.”

“I can’t carry both the sword and the crest. If I die in a cave somewhere, the family has got to continue somehow.”

“You? Die? That’s funny! I don’t think that’s possible, brother! The world has always been on your side. When you fell off that cliff, there wasn’t a single scratch on you!”

“Well, I got lucky that time. I fell right on a Big Bear and it died instantly.”

“Who lands on a monster and kills it!? This is why people thought you were a star, you know? You’re way too lucky, for no reason.”

“I admit that I’m lucky. It’s a skill that I was born with! You’ve got your magic and I’ve got enough luck for the both of us. Together, we’re unstoppable!”

“Of course! We’ve got nothing to fear! We’re the unstoppable Igni siblings!”

The two walked further onwards and eventually reached the Free Cities of Damacia, the adventurer capitol.

___________________________________

The two easily gained their licenses and began their adventuring career at full speed. Along the way, they gained a few allies.

Coming from a small village in the Free Cities, a young teenager named Calligo led the two through the first parts of a small dungeon. On two separate occasions, the young thief seemed to be on-guard against the two, which was not unnoticed by the older brother. In the third floor of the dungeon, the boy thief Calligo had led them into a trap, orchestrated by a team of bandits which held Calligo’s younger sister hostage. The older brother reassured a apologetic Calligo that he also understood the struggle of being an older brother. The Igni siblings valiantly fought and defeated the bandits. Calligo placed himself at the Igni siblings’ mercy and they requested for him to give a good life to his younger sister. They gifted him enough gold to survive three lifetimes, which Calligo tried to refuse but could not. Calligo swore he would return the favor and he eventually pledged his service to the siblings once his sister was enrolled into a school of magic.

Following them from their family home in Iskil, the vice captain of the guard finally found them after months of searching. While the guard named Durus looked much older, he was not yet out of his teens and was closer in age to the older brother than it seemed. After having found them, he explained that his master, the old captain of the guard, had promised their father to take care of them when they left on their journey. While his master could not leave his post, Durus had been honorably relieved of his post and his duty would be to find the two siblings to serve and protect. While the two tried to lose Durus at every city and dungeon, his tenacity wore down even their spirits and they eventually conceded to having him along.

In the city just before the one they currently stayed in, a group of veteran adventurers requested a subjugation force to help stop the Orcish tribes that were invading the nearby farms. While the siblings didn’t quite see the difference between Orcs and humans, a call for help could not be ignored. They accepted and through a set of coincidences and luck, they were able to hunt down the Orc leader with the help of an Elvish ranger named Silva. While Silva no longer had her bow fingers, she was still a master ranger and had assisted with the subjugation handily. In the midst of the battle, it seemed that Durus had saved her life on more than one occasion, and she had become slightly interested in him. When she found out he was still so young, she exclaimed, ”I can’t let kids like this adventurers without proper mentoring!” while whispering under her breath, ”He’ll age like fine wine and when he does… huhuhu…”

The five had been adventuring for a good while until they reached the city of Masaro, the current one they had stayed at. In the midst of trying to find a good place to stay, the older brother fell extremely ill from a disease called “Blood Sickness”. As an extremely lethal disease, it boasted a 90% mortality rate. However, those that recovered from it would become stronger in ways they hadn’t been before, albeit with a few oddities remaining. The party took him to the nearest inn, but as a carrier, no inn would take the ill brother inside their walls for fear of infection. It wasn’t until they reached the inn, The Brown Bear, that the bartender Lewis allowed them to stay under a strict condition. If the sickness showed any sign of spreading, they weren’t allowed stop Lewis from slaying the older brother right then and there.

It had been almost three weeks since the sickness had taken the older brother and he showed nearly no signs of improvement for the first two weeks. It wasn’t until a week ago that his breathing became much more stable and he began to sweat only during the day. It was a miracle.

___________________________________

I experienced all the memories of Arden, the older Igni sibling, as if I had lived them myself. While it felt like a dream, I was sure, positive, that this wasn’t a dream. These memories of Arden Igni were the most real experiences I had ever felt in my life.

I knew his thoughts, his feelings and his ideas as if they were my own, and in the middle of it all, I felt him become me and me become him.

However, there was still a distinct difference. I still had the awareness of “myself”, of “me”, the person who had traveled far, far away from home and to this place. If that awareness never went away, then I could never be the Arden Igni that the others thought that I was. And that wasn’t fair to them.

There was a piece stopping me from coming out and confessing it. In the last memories I saw, the ones of Arden suffering through the disease, he was aware of the sister that never left his side, not even once, when he was dying. He had faith in his luck but even more so, he had full faith in his ability to know himself. And he knew that his time was ending. While he knew, there was only one thing that came to his mind.

“Please… someone… Protect her… Protect my sister, she’s everything to me… Someone, please…”

He had squeezed those last words out as his final wish, his final words. And I had come to that call. I came from wherever I had come from, and I knew that this was why I was brought here. To protect Arden Igni’s last wish and to solve his only regret.

Alright, fine. I see. I’ll make sure that your sister lives a full life Arden, I promise you that. But in exchange, I’ve only got one condition. One condition to make this work.

In this world, this different world that doesn’t exist in the past, nor in the future, but was something entirely different. Someplace where magic was uncommon, but it existed. A place where monsters roamed and adventurers were plentiful. A place where the world was still largely undiscovered and unexplored. Not because it wasn't done yet, but because it seemed to never end.

If you agree to this one condition, then I’ll fulfill your last wish, or any other wish you had.

Let me have the rest of your lifetime as Arden Igni.

0