Extra: Mermaid [2]
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eyelids fluttered and slowly opened to reveal the violet eyes underneath. Faye's vision was blurred, and she closed them and waited for the world to cease spinning. Then she took a moment to inspect the changes in her body and it didn't take long until she realised something strange about her legs - or what used to be her legs.

Despite the throbbing in her head, Faye sat up and stared in disbelief. A long, black tail rested on the sand and, still in shock, she raised her hand to her neck to feel the slits that had appeared there. As she examined the tail and swished it about in the water, something twinkled from the sand off to the side, and Faye felt that something like this had happened before.

Putting the oddity of turning into a mermaid to the back of her mind for a second, Faye moved over to the light and dug away at the sand until the magical item from before came into sight. Once she set her eyes on it, she remembered what had happened before she passed out, and she picked up the item.

The surrounding sea was lit up by a blast of golden light that enveloped the new mermaid within and gave her skin a lustrous glow. It faded and seemed to enter her body and the light dimmed until it was barely noticeable, but if you looked at her closely, you would see the glow emanating from her pores. And before Faye could react to what just happened, a blue screen came into existence and an image of the magical item could be seen.

Earlier, Faye had looked at the item's information to find that the stats were missing and the description box was blank. Yet now there was now text written at the top of the screen and the stats no longer had question marks beside them: it was all filled in, and Faye hurried to read what they said.

Mermaid Tear

The Mermaid Tear belongs to the hidden class: Mermaid and is very valuable. It gives the player the ability to transform into a mermaid and swim freely through the sea and enter the lost city of Setora. It can also raise the stats of the item holder and make them immune to water attacks.

As a returning player, Faye wasn't well-versed on classes and their abilities, but she had heard something about the hidden class that would allow a player to become a mermaid. It wasn't hidden in the sense that no one knew about it; it was the ways to unlock the class that were unknown. And one would have to be lucky to obtain the right to change to the class.

She studied the item and swished her tail a few more times. It was unlike the experience of her going from an NPC to a Player: turning into a mermaid was better than what she had gone through before. And she would enjoy finding out more things about this 'hidden' class. 

0