1, part 2
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I was moved to the house I would probably be living in for the rest of time, I looked as far out the window as my little baby neck would allow. Mother was carrying me in her arms, and I was content at that time. The ride there was slow. It took a day and a half to get there. But it was a nice trip. We did not run into any bandits nor any cannibals which is apparently a thing in this world.

Then we got out of the carriage. There was a maid standing there, waiting for us. As well as a butler and a young boy. The boy looked to be about 5 or 6 years old.

“Is that my new sister-in-law?”, the boy said, not knowing the specifics of the phrase. This kid must be the brother of the toddler I would be married off to. He had probably heard the phrase sister-in-law from his parents.

“Yes, young master Jerille,” said the butler.

“Really Deriff, she's going to live here?” asked Jerille. The butler seemed to be called Deriff. I really liked the naming system in this world. With all the L syllables and the F sounds. I thought it needed more tion-noises and roman-esk sounds. But that was just me.

My mother handed me over to the maid and as she left, she said “by, Zilleff see you later baby dear”.

After my mother left Jerille asked if he could hold me. The maid said yes, and he held me in his arms. He had a joyous look on his face like he just loved holding people and things. He then tried to toss me up in the air but realized I was too heavy. The maid reminded him not to toss me up in the air and took me in her arms. The other carriages that carried all the gifts from family members I don’t know were still here, but while they moved all that stuff the maid took me inside the rather large red and white manor. The manor itself was not as large as the duke’s manor but it left a bigger impression on me. Mainly because it looked a lot older.

It had a gothic look that was the same that all those gothic churches in Europe had. It was an intricate work that made up the outside that seemed like it took hundreds of years to make.

    Then as soon as I saw the inside it took my breath away. It had a whole crusader look. Even though crusaders were not gothic it was a nice blend of the two. It had a masonry interior that evoked knights in glistening mail. Then I noticed the young toddler crawling on the floor being chased by an old noble looking man while laughing. The noble looked angry like he was not supposed to be here.

    The old noble seemed to notice us and quickly stopped chasing the child and stood up straight. Then he addressed Jerille. “Jerille go and grab your brother while I talk to the duchess”.

    “The duchess left when she dropped her off”, he said, addressing his father while grabbing the young lad.

    “What!?”, responded the noble. He seemed to be the boy's father by the slinging of scolding yells that he ensued. By the end of it the boy was still standing and grinning. Why was this boy still standing after the sling of insults that ensued?

    “I am sorry father”, the boy simply responded, “I did not know she was to discuss the info of the marriage please forgive me”. After all of that he kneeled. The 6 years old boy kneeled. The father was grinning above the boy.

1