Violet and Library 1.14
2.6k 5 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the sun was still shining in the sky, I decided to visit the library today. Using the map in my sect's guide manual, I soon found myself standing in front of a grand Chinese building with only one floor.

As I entered the library, I was immediately greeted by rows and rows of books. I made my way to the counter, where I found a middle-aged man with a scholarly demeanor. This type of temperament was not common among the elders I had encountered, who usually exuded an air of dignity from their high positions. This man's demeanor impressed me, and I was confident that he was the elder.

He looked up from the book he was reading as I approached him. "Are you Bai Yu?" he asked.

Information sure travels quickly in this world, even without phones or the internet. Instead, they use something called communication jades that work through Qi.

Yeah, Qi is omnipotent in this world. How it even works is a mystery to me but if I can make something like the internet in this world, then that seems to be a way to be rich.

Stonks for the win.

I nodded to myself at this brilliant idea, though it might also bring disaster in the future...

The elder mistook my nod for an affirmative response and gestured for me to follow him. "The library is an essential part of the sect, and it's your mission to maintain it," he said. "Your primary task will be to organize the books, which should not be too difficult." I hope so...

"Yes," I replied, following the elder.

...

After that for the next few hours, I kept following Elder Han as he introduced me to the different sections of the library.

Along the way, some disciples who were speaking loudly or just handling the books carelessly will be given a stare so cold by Elder Han that they would freeze literally.

It seems Elder Han has a dark side...but don't we all?

Anyway, except for the occasional Snape Glance, yeah that's the name I decided to give the gaze, Elder Han was quite thorough in his teachings.

It seems that he liked the library a lot. Well, that was not that surprising though since he took this place as his residence.

So after the brief teaching, Elder Han brought me to an inner section of the library where there was a built-in room. Elder Han motioned me to sit down on the chair as he started to prepare some tea.

"Good job today Bai Yu! I told you, you would pick it up soon. It's all about remembering which books go where." Elder Han said with a smile as he continued to brew tea with elegant movements.

"Yes, Elder. It's all thanks to your teaching." I smiled too feeling somewhat good after doing a good job.

Elder Han had made me organize some used books for training though I had to say there were a lot of used books. Thankfully, I could use the Qi to move the used books from the front bookshelf to the back.

Without Qi, I was sure that after picking up the box full of books, I would fall without even being able to walk two steps. Why? Because this body was way too weak. The body that I was in had never been trained so there were no strong muscles rather, my arms were soft to the touch...

Fortunately, There was Qi for the rescue. Otherwise, it would have been embarrassing. I don't want to imagine the face that the scholarly elder would make seeing my weak self trying to lift a semi-filled box of books. Would he slap me to death?

Well anyway, I come out of my inner musing as Elder Han placed the fragrant tea he brewed in front of me.

The elder motioned me to drink and I took a sip of the aromatic tea...

..

.

One word Delicious, Two words fudging delicious, Three words super fudging delicious. Important things should be pointed out thrice and this matter was very important...

The tea tasted sweet and mellow, and its flowery aroma was quite refreshing. There was no nasty after-taste and the tea went down very smoothly. It was the best tea I had ever had.

If it was an ecchi-anime looking at you 'F**d Wars', my shirt would have busted open with how delicious the tea was. The Brits better not hear about this, or it's colonization all over again.

The tea was truly a delight, it was as refreshing as a drink of water in the middle of a hot summer's day. This was high praise indeed, as it was a testament to the quality of the beverage.

Not only that, but it also had the added benefit of boosting my dormant cultivation base. The tea was a specially brewed spirit tea, made by a master tea maker. I looked at Elder Han with amazement, and he simply smiled in return, knowing the full extent of his skills.

"Is it good?" Elder Han asked with a chuckle.

Of course, it was good, that was a silly question. I quickly nodded in agreement.

"Yes, it's the best tea I've ever had. I'm grateful to the Elder for this opportunity."

Elder Han chuckled softly. "I'm pleased to hear that. I've achieved a certain level of mastery in tea arts."

"The Elder is too modest," I replied, not exaggerating in the least. The tea was so potent that I felt a hint of reaching the peak of the early stage in the second realm of Qi condensation. This was the equivalent of a few days of nonstop cultivation.

Elder Han then became serious, "The knowledge housed in this library is the result of the hard work of our ancestors, Bai Yu. I want you to take the responsibility of caring for the library seriously."

The lighthearted atmosphere was suddenly replaced by a sense of gravity, and I was taken aback. I knew this was not just a simple task of managing the library for a month, it was much more. I took a deep breath and responded with resolve, "I understand, Elder. Knowledge is the guiding light of mankind, and I will do my utmost to protect and preserve it."

Elder Han chuckled again, breaking the tension, "Ha! 'Knowledge is the guiding light of mankind'. I like that. I was just joking with you, but I really like your answer."

I rubbed my cheek, feeling slightly embarrassed, and simply sipped my tea in silence.

"Well, your mission officially starts tomorrow," Elder Han continued, "I have to go on a mission myself."

I thumped my chest firmly, showing my determination, "Yes, Elder. You can trust me."

Just when I thought the meeting was over, Elder Han then went on to say, "So remember to check the doors if they are closed or not when you leave. Also, a couple of new books would come the next morning. Also..."

I nodded as Elder Han then went on to a list of things that I should do and not do for another hour. The only solace I had was that I was able to drink the warm, spirit-infused tea in my hands.

128