Violet and Carnage 1.35
2.4k 10 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the shining moonlight, a group of dark figures moved under the cover of the trees.

A squeaky shriek resounded across the night sky. Soon, black shadows started to leap from one tree to another with incomparable agility, toward the spiritual farm.

Their movements were swift running on the rugged mountains and forests as if it was a plain land.

Seeing the open spiritual farm, the demon monkeys shrieked and lunged toward it, their pace fast, their eyes filled with greed.

But at that moment, the situation suddenly changed.

"NOW!" Accompanying the huge shout was a volley of arrows that drifted across the sky reaping the lives of the monsters.

Soon, a huge number of armed guards appeared and started to attack the monsters with their swords and shield.

*Shriek*

The demon monkey realizing they had been ambushed became mad, their eyes filled with rage, and with their acrobatic movements dodged the incoming attacks.

Soon, the field was filled with tension as the two sides fought against each other.

The low-level demon monkeys mixed in with the ordinary monkey took advantage of their agility to overpower the mortal guards.

At the same time, the few cultivators of the Zheng Family also launched their own techniques.

But the number of monkeys far surpassed the human troops as the battle started to tilt in the favor of monsters.

The Patriarch Hong of the Zheng family saw the loss of his family and took the lead in attacking using his magic technique. He made several gestures with his hands, as his Qi surged throughout his body, gathering in front of him as he launched his attack.

[Fireball]

A huge burst of flame appeared out of thin air, illuminating the battlefield, and blasted the group of monkeys.

Boom!!

The flame exploded.

A huge shock wave swept through as the burning hot flame burned several demon monkeys at once.

A burnt smell soon filled the air as the charred corpses of the demon monkeys could be seen.

The guards wanted to cheer aloud seeing the total suppression but stopped seeing the pale look of their Patriarch.

Patriarch Hong took deep breaths as he circulated his Qi once more. He was drained. His fireball attack while having a terrifying lethality, consumed too much Qi.

As a cultivator of the fourth stage of Qi condensation, almost half of his Qi was depleted from the attack.

Moreover, the wave of Monkey hordes was not stopping by any means. More and More monsters started to appear at the periphery of the forest.

The number of monkeys had almost tripled compared to the attacks they faced last time. Their numbers reached about a hundred.

The situation seemed quite bleak. Perhaps due to ingesting the spiritual materials the monkeys stole from them, even an ordinary monkey needs the combination of at least three ordinary people to kill with coordination.

It seemed hopeless...

Patriarch Hong's eyes darkened seeing that. But at this time...

*Shriek!!* *Shirek!!*

A huge number of shrieks brought Patriarch Hong out of his depressed state.

He turned his head, searching for the source of those sounds. Then what he saw can only be described as...Carnage.

He knew that a disciple of a sect was different, especially if it was a genius of the [First Courtyard]. But this...this was something different altogether.

Bai Yu reaped the life of those monsters as if a farmer reaping their harvest.

Surrounded by those monsters on all sides, Bai Yu moved without hesitation. His mind was in a state of overclocking, faster and more efficient than ever. 

His thoughts never stopped moving, his senses accepting each and every piece of information present on the battlefield.

Such a battlefield was perfect as a whetstone, to further his attainment, to reach a greater realm. Taking the [Shadowless Movement Art] as the foundation of all his movement, he swung his sword killing what stood in his way.

The fundamental of his swordsmanship was [Flow].

In Taoism, there is a popular saying, "That which offers no resistance overcomes the hardest substances. That which offers no resistance can enter where there is no space."

His swordsmanship like flowing water should slip through each of their attacks, never stopping for a moment, building a movement with each swing. Anticipating the movement of the monsters within the moment they enact them, whether that be through the twitch of their muscles or the direction of their eyes, and analyzing them before reacting instantaneously, Bai Yu further refined his swordsmanship.

It was exhilarating.

So, Bai Yu committed himself to this flow, with insight as his beacon, he slipped through each of their attacks, his momentum building with each moment, his sword never stopping for a single pause, the blood spilled never reaching him.

When multiple attacked him at once, he would avoid their edge, attacking their weakest point. Disarraying them and then killing them in a one-on-one battle. Plan and execute, input and output, everything done simultaneously. It was a very simple tactic, yet impossible if one could not view the battlefield from a higher dimension. 

Looking at this beautiful yet scary swordsmanship, Patriarch Hong was awestruck by its simplicity and beauty.

Patriarch Hong only recovered from his mesmerized state facing the violet eyes belonging to that figure. Those eyes seemed serene as they looked at him, yet one could see hints of vague disappointment within.

Patriarch Hong came to his senses at once.

Yes, What was he doing right now? Trying to give up and surrender? Especially after those monsters took the lives of several of his clansmen. How could he call himself the patriarch even then?

Being awakened to reality, Patriarch Hong looked at the guards who were similarly mesmerized as he roared.

"Everyone. The battle is not over yet. Pick your swords and kill these monkeys who want to destroy our lives." Patriarch Hong shouted, his voice containing Qi.

The guards jolted awake as they renewed their vigor. Once again engaging with those monsters.

Patriarch Hong also stood up and once again launched his magic, [Fireball].

...

Bai Yu smiled seeing that the guards were once again starting to fight back. Even for him, it would be difficult to face hundreds of monkeys of different cultivation. Especially, his Qi was being used up quickly, only lasting until now, due to the efficient control and absence of any excess waste.

So, Bai Yu was relieved even though he did not show it.

He once again launched his sword techniques, a sharp cold light flicking through the air, like a silver dragon circling and tearing through the air, towards the group of monsters.

At this time,

Roar!!

A roar that resounded throughout the battlefield vibrated the air so hard that it almost became visible to the naked eye!

A figure three meters tall suddenly rose from the monkey group.

Under the silver moonlight, through the burning torches, one could see the dark hair that seemed to be like steel needles, the hideous and sharp teeth protruding from the mouth, and the saliva dripping from the mouth. Its blood-red eyes gleamed with a fierceness, as it roared to the sky. Bai Yu wiped his sweat and said looking at the monstrosity in front of him.

...

..

.

"Well, hello there."

-*-*-*-*-*-

Support the cute author with a donation~

103