Violet and Transaction 1.40
2.5k 10 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiang Chen did as he always did.

Plan.

For.

Revenge.

He was seated in the dining hall surrounded by an array of spiritual dishes, a sight that many would consider a luxury. However, he didn't seem to savor the delectable taste of the dishes. Instead, he ate quickly, focusing solely on consuming his meal rather than enjoying it.

Having indulged in far more exquisite delicacies, Jiang Chen did not care for the fleeting pleasure of the dishes he was currently consuming.

Instead, he was preoccupied with thoughts of his wallet, as his cultivation technique had become a financial black hole. He required triple the normal amount of spirit stones to cultivate, but if that was the price for improving his abilities, so be it.

As he contemplated setting up another formation for other disciples, he was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Can I sit here?" The voice seemed a bit familiar. Jiang Chen looked up spotting the kid that was usually at the library.

Ah, Jiang Chen remembered him now.

Bai Yu.

The librarian looked like a girl but was actually a boy. A trap to say.

But it could not fool the reincarnator having witnessed the bizarre wonders of the cultivation world.

However, none of that mattered to him, and he responded with a cold voice. "No."

Bai Yu didn't seem to take the rejection personally and continued to ask, "Oh, is someone sitting here?"

Jiang Chen shook his head. "No."

With that, he resumed his meal, lost in thought about how to earn more spirit stones.

Scraping... Chair moving.

...

Wait.

Jiang Chen glared at the boy with a glare so cold that it burned.

But Bai Yu just ignored it, having developed his ability to ignore the gazes of others after so long.

"So, I heard that you know how to set up formations?" Bai Yu said as he sat down on the chair unceremoniously.

Jiang Chen raised an eyebrow.

He had been setting up formations for the disciples of his courtyard to earn some spirit stones recently. At first, he did not want to reveal all his cards, but this body's talent was so low, that the only way to cultivate was by piling up the resources.

But that didn't matter right now, as Jiang Chen asked, "So?"

"I want you to set up a formation at my house," Bai Yu answered unhurriedly.

Jiang Chen sighed and asked, "Which one?"

Ah! The things he does for revenge.

Bai Yu named the two formations he wanted to set up. "A Spiritual Pressure Formation and a Spirit Gathering Formation."

Jiang Chen narrowed his eyes. Both of these were formations that could only be set by a Master level Formation Setter. To say that setting up those formations was easy would be an understatement.

Each secondary profession followed the same rank structure, from apprentice to master, grandmaster, spirit, and grand spirit. To put it in perspective, there were fewer than fifty formation setters in the entire sect who had achieved the rank of master.

Jiang Chen shook his head slowly and lied as easily as he breathed, "Those formations are quite high-level and require a master-ranked formation setter. I'm not yet skilled enough to set them up."

His words indicated rejection of the matter. As for whether he could set up a formation of that level, let's just say that people learn a lot after cultivating for a few decades.

Of course, Bai Yu knew this, so he said, "Great Spirit Arena."

Jiang Chen's brow twitched.

The Great Spirit Arena was a place where cultivators gathered to fight. It was a fight club without the limitations of a typical fight club, i.e people could talk about it and even place bets.

But the reason Jiang Chen's brow twitched was that he had set up the master-level Nine Array Protection Formation there. The lady of the Great Spirit Arena had helped him find one of his sword fragments, so Jiang Chen set up the formation in return. Jiang Chen was not a fan of having debts, as before one knew it, they could pile up so high that one could only sigh.

However, he didn't know that this matter would come to bite him back right now.

"It was a one-time thing," Jiang Chen said calmly, not wishing to discuss it anymore.

But Bai Yu was not deterred as he brought out his trump card. With a flick of his wrist, a jar appeared on the table.

"Are you sure about that?" Bai Yu opened the lid of the jar, and an intoxicating aroma surrounded the table.

Jiang Chen's nose twitched, instantly recognizing the Four Flavoured Monkey wine. He had been searching for items to enhance his talent, but most of them were either extremely rare or had significant side effects, so he had put the idea of enhancing his talent on hold until he got stronger. But he didn't think that he would obtain one of these items now.

He looked up and saw a smirk on Bai Yu's face, realizing that he had been lured.

So, Jiang Chen didn't hesitate any longer and made his decision: "I will set up the formations, but you are the one who has to provide the materials."

Bai Yu smiled upon hearing this and replied, "Sure. But if that's the case, then you must provide me with a small journal of your experiences and knowledge of formations."

Jiang Chen looked at Bai Yu, who just shrugged and said, "Hey, you don't get to obtain knowledge from a formation master every day."

Jiang Chen closed his eyes, taking a moment to think. However, he already knew the answer - he was willing to do anything for revenge. "Okay," he said firmly.

Bai Yu nodded and said with a smile, "Then it's a deal."

125