Chapter 9: Ancient Mesopotamia
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More than 2,700 years ago, the ancient land of Mesopotamia was full of gods, mythical beasts, and warcraft.

 

As for Mesopotamia, Mesopotamia should be understood separately, where 'Meso' refers to the middle, and 'Potamia' refers to the river.

 

If Mesopotamia is understood together, it is the civilization that flourished between the two large rivers, the Tigris River and the Euphrates River, which flow into the Persian Gulf.

 

And Mesopotamia is the beginning of human history! It is the first civilization of mankind, and the culture and myths born in Mesopotamia were brought to other places by mankind with time and coincidence.

 

Qiye and Semiramis, who were strangely taken away by the Mobius Strip, came from Qiye and Semiramis were sitting in the reed boat, they drifted down the river as the breeze gently blew their hair.

 

Thirteen years have passed, and the once twelve-year-old boy has grown from a childish boy to a twenty-five-year-old youth with a tall body and a handsome face.

 

He has already grown, and yet he was still wearing a long robe with a picture of a pigeon engraved on it. He had long black hair that hung down his waist.

 

Although his hair is long, it has been carefully taken care of and is very neat. The drooping bangs decorate his forehead and cheeks. Coupled with a pair of gentle black and white eyes, this twenty-five-year-old youth looks gentle and kind.

 

As if knowing what interesting things he would encounter, Qiye's handsome face was filled with anticipation.

 

After thirteen years, the young man who wanted to eat whatever he encountered matured. His height, face, spirit, thinking, and actions have all grown over time.

 

Let's just say—that's it.

 

Qiye who was sitting on the side of the reed boat stretched his hand into the river, then scooped up the clear river water, and sucked it gently, while the girl sitting behind him immediately rolled her eyes in dissatisfaction.

 

"Hey, I said Qiye, can't you change the strange habit of 'drinking wherever you go'? Drinking raw river water will cause an upset stomach."

Qiye put his hand down, looked at the girl behind him, and said helplessly, "Little Pigeon, I really miss the little girl who pestered me and called me 'Brother' three years ago, she would happily follow me and drink all kinds of water together."

 

Semiramis, who showed her sharp ears, gave Qiye a blank look, "Then that poor little girl had a stomachache, making someone who likes to eat messily jump up and down in a hurry, and..."

 

"I really don't know how I survived when I followed you to eat indiscriminately when I was a child."

 

"Ahaha~ Don't worry so much." Qiye looked at Semiramis and had a happy expression on his small face as he laughed heartily. Semiramis glanced at Qiye, who was smiling heartily and ignored him as she looked in the direction of the sun.

 

The morning sun shone on Semiramis's slightly flushed face, which was extremely beautiful.

 

Because the morning sun was too comfortable, Semiramis lay lazily on Qiye's back, hearing the breath of Qiye's body, that familiar and reassuring breath, which made her young girl's heart bloom quietly.

 

Semiramis, who was only thirteen years old, said lazily, "Qiye, where is the end of our journey this time?"

 

"This time our destination is the city of Uruk." Qiye turned his head to look at Semiramis lying on his back, and said with a smile, "But this time,  we will settle in the city of Uruk, After all, you have never stopped following me, let's settle down in Uruk."

 

Qiye looked at the clear and flowing river again, and said with a smile while looking at the clear water, "The river told me just now that the city named 'Uruk' will definitely not let us down."

 

"You told me the same way last time, and then you took me away without staying in the city for a few days."

 

"The river water is different this time." Qiye said confidently, "I know a lot of things from this river flowing to the city of Uruk. The fragrance of wheat fields and the hot smell of porcelain all symbolize Uruk. The prosperity and vitality of the city."

 

"Then have you tasted the smell of a girl's bath water in the river?" Semiramis, who was lying on Qiye's back, said lazily.

 

"..."

 

Qiye's smile froze slightly, and after he fell silent for a moment, he stretched out his hand behind him, and pulled Semiramis' black hair, as a small punishment for her nonsense.

 

"Ah! You are pulling my hair!" Semiramis screamed in pain, and patted Qiye's back in dissatisfaction, "Let go, be careful I will bite you."

 

"Tsk, who told you to talk nonsense." Qiye smacked his lips slightly as he let go of Semiramis's smooth black hair, but he couldn't take it back, because Semiramis already grabbed his outstretched hand behind.

 

The small hands of the thirteen-year-old girl were slightly cold, which gave Qiye a very comfortable feeling. On the contrary, Semiramis felt warmth from Qiye's palm, which made her feel very at ease.

 

'It would be great if I could hold his hand all the time and walk on.'

 

The young girl whose heart was blooming shyly thought. She was full of longing and fantasies about her future with him.

 

When Semiramis was looking forward to the bright future, Qiye looked at the distant city and laughed, "Little Pigeon, we have arrived, and the city of Uruk is ahead."

 

"We will settle down in that city. After we settle down, I will find you a good man you like and let you marry him. After all, you are already thirteen years old. You didn't hurry up in the past few years, so if you find a man you like, marry him, or you will become a leftover woman."

 

In ancient times, due to the sparse population, most women got married around the age of fourteen and will have a child around the age of fifteen or sixteen. If you are over 20 years old and haven't married yet, you will be judged by others.

 

Qiye's words shattered Semiramis' beautiful fantasies. She opened her mouth, revealing her white and neat little silver teeth, and then fiercely bit Qiye's back.

 

"It hurts, Little Pigeon, why did you bite me?!" Qiye gasped, "The mouth is not for biting, it's for eating."

 

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

 

"Loosen your mouth before you speak! Otherwise, I won't be able to hear what you're saying!"

 

Under this noisy atmosphere, the reed boat carried Qiye and Semiramis toward the city of Uruk ahead.

 

Friendly reminder, Qiye, and Semiramis returned to the present era through the [Mobius Strip].

2