Chapter 1.2- A Minor Noble Appears!
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I make the chapters longer, and make it more descriptive
  • Yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1

Reflecting upon this clear window, he realized something. Along with this being a novel, wouldn’t there be a system for this novel? Oddly enough, he hasn’t seen it yet.

 

So he came to one conclusion… he was a nobody, or rather, quite literally, a ‘extra’

 

He walked around for an hour, observing the city as it slowly turned to a quite plentiful and pretty starlight. As the lights around the city dimmed, he slowly closed his eyes…

 

Waking up, feeling tired and sore, he walked towards a local lake he saw yesterday while walking, cleaning himself and eventually returning to the outer side of the city.

 

He then began his plan of gaining knowledge, repeating this task for several days in a row, understanding the basics of the world.

 

Yet still a serious problem, ‘where can he get food?’ Zephyr wondered as his stomach grumbled. Another carriage has crossed through the busy roads, though hearing a similar unique voice before. “ Why do I have to go through such a poor part of this town.” She rumbled, noticing this Zephyr ran over noticing something odd, there was no longer an anonymous veil on her face. Though he couldn’t really see the detail of her face, only recognizing her black hair, mixed with a purple undertone.

 

Fazed by this, Zephyr didn’t notice that she saw him, replying, “Why are you here?”. Slightly flinching, Zephyr finally heard her reply, simply asking, “Can I have some money?”. Pitying him, she just threw dollars at him while the carriage moved away.

 

Quickly grabbing the dollars, he yelled, “THANK YOU!!!” in a loud voice as she moved away. With some money, he looked for some cheap food, keeping half the money for later.

 

Continuing a cycle of wandering the town, eating only lunch and then sleeping, he finally reached the day of importance.

 

“I hope this won’t be a terrible academy”, Zephyr wondered as he walked towards the building, as described on the back of the letter.

Walking in towards the building, he noticed its significant noble architecture, with mighty pillars on each side of the staircase. Etched in with drawings of mythical monsters, heroes and more reflecting brightly due to the marble material used in it.

 

Walking into the complex building, it took about 10–20 minutes to enter his first classroom, the Basic Application of Mana. 

 

Sighing and sitting down on an empty seat he greeted his neighbor, who he noticed very quickly, was the same girl who helped him. With widened eyes, and being slightly flustered after looking at the surprising beauty of this girl. Well-defined features, black hair and crimson red eyes amazed him, yet he continued greeting her.

 

She responded in an odd and blunt tone, “Why are you here? Aren’t you a peasant?” Slightly angered by her tone and respond, he replied sarcastically, “I'm the king of the world”.

 

Not knowing he was joking, she continued asking for information like what it was being the ‘king of the world’. He just said in a clear tone, “I was joking”. She quickly shut up after that response.

 

After several minutes of awkward silence, the classroom started, with average introductory, along with the rest of the classrooms (which he annoyingly shared 4 of the classes with this girl).

 

Reaching the end of the day, when they were getting ready to move to their dorms. She ran up to him and told him her name, ‘Hoshi Nakamura’, then proceeded to run away. 

'Why did she do that?' Confused by the moment, walking to his dorm and lying down on the fresh bed.

--

After a few days, he has found who is supposed to be the protagonist. A handsome, popular guy ranked #1 in the academy named Kim Jung-Hwa. He had the ability to control light easily, having the blessing of various Greek gods, including Zeus and Apollo (his primary supporters). 

He was able to figure this information out, because people get tested with their skills. 

Unfortunately, I had a terrible skill;

<Blessing of Fire> [E-Rank]

Pyschometry 

— You gain a burn on your body proportional to the amount of information gained in pyschometry 

(Interacting with a character allows you to figure out basic info like Name, Potential, #Character Roles#)

Needless to say, perhaps the only part useful is the character roles, which I tested on a Hoshi via handshake. 

Harsh pain entrapped my hand, clearly showing multiple 1 and 2 degree burns appearing. 

It was worth it, though, since he has finally seen a 'panel'. 


Hoshi

Potential; 7.2

Role -Extra- (Minor Noble)


I kinda pitied her for being an extra like me, though I was still surprised by her potential.

A click of a sound with a panel appearing, the information of this panel confused him.


Warning! Crisis Imminent!

#-@ Minutes Till Crisis 2&$.                       

5 Minutes Remaining till Disaster 


 

(Hoshi = Star)

1