Chapter 9 – Training
417 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made a patreon if you’re interested, or not, do what you like I won’t force anyone.


 

I have been training under the old man for about six months now.

At first, it was really bad.

I had to wake up really early and carry heavy rocks for long periods of time, luckily this didn’t seem to stunt my growth as I can tell I am slightly taller from both my natural growth and the constant exercise.

As for how I know, simple, I just did the cliché standing against a tree and carving my height into it, no big deal.

Anyways back to the main topic.

Figuring out my abilities has been a big pain in the ass, luckily the old man’s experience made it easier for me to understand spiritual power and draw my own comprehensions from his experience.

Sadly, he couldn’t teach me his skills as he is a Quincy and I am a Fullbringer. Despite being a special human, I don’t have a Quincy bloodline so I can’t use their abilities, only reference them.

Despite that though, that did not stop me from learning how they work and how to apply them, at the very least I can use them as a basis for my own skills.

Speaking of which, using my knowledge of the show, I know Fullbringer’s use the souls in objects to power their moves, so my focus has been on how to remake those fullbringer skills, which I partly succeeded.

The process of which was not as easy as it sounds, I still shudder when I explained how it worked to the old man and he made me train even harder, I’m starting to wonder whether he was kicked out of his clan for behavior issues or something.

(Flashback start)

Around two months into training.

While sitting outside in the yard I am explaining what I know of my powers and abilities to the old man.

“So you manipulate souls, huh. Hm… a peculiar ability.” The old man stated.

“Yes, and from what I know, we use that ability to boost all our skills such as movement techniques and such.” I state trying to remember the specifics.

The old man then stands up and grabs my arm, examining it.

“If the power works as you say, then how does yours work, clearly you’re manipulating your own body, not some inanimate object.”

“Well, I feel joy and pride when I use my powers, since Fullbringers need a certain favoritism for an object the ability is essentially used by my emotions, so I tricked myself into thinking I am lucky to have my body and that I would use it to live well, then afterwards my Fullbring activates. As for the rest of the specifics I don’t know.” I say trying not to cringe as it sounds narcissistic.

As if knowing what I was thinking, “Hahahaha, for such a young brat, you certainly have some narcissistic thoughts.” The old man laughs.

“Then so be it, if pride and joy is how to unlock your potential, then as your master I must break that ‘pride and joy’ of yours and reforge through battles!” He exclaims with clear enthusiasm in his eyes, that makes me shudder.

Without batting an eye, he kicks me in the stomach and sends me flying to the wall.

“ughhh.” Grunting from the kick and the impact against the wall I slid towards the floor, and I heard him calling.

“Stand up, before, all you did was muscle training to strengthen your body, now you’ll get the basics of combat down. You’ll fight me using your abilities while I won’t use anything, your goal is to land a hit on me using whatever means you can, and let me warn you, I won’t go easy on you.” He smirks as he states that last part.

That bastard. I’ll make sure to punch his face in one day, he’s clearly showing he’s enjoying this situation.

Slowly I stood up and mimicked a boxing stance I saw on TV in my previous life.

I rushed at him and threw a left punch at his face, meanwhile I also threw another punch with my right hand towards his stomach.

Just as I thought it’d connect, he dodged, and I ended up eating the ground.

“Come on brat, you honestly can’t expect that to hit can you?” he mocks.

“Shut up old man, can’t a kid dream!” I retorted, hiding my embarrassment as I honestly kind of expected it to hit.

Unfortunately, I missed and since I was on the ground, he took the chance to kick me again, but this time I flew into the sky, or not.

This time I expected a hit, so I guarded my stomach and chest with my arms, so when he kicked, he hit my arms, granted it hurt like hell but I managed to block.

I was a little bit smug about it, until he kicked me again into the ground. Knocking me out.

20