Memories (3)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.

Here it comes. The sparking palm strike. Thud. Cough. I can feel it. I still have to cough, it still hurts like hell, but I can feel it. Something is different. It’s like the is electricity flowing through my body, but not his. Like… a counter-force. Like for every spark that enters into my stomach, my entire system produces a much smaller one to clash against it. But only in the moment of impact. A violent clash of electricity inside my body, but everything that survives spreads through it just like before. It’s been building up for a while now. But I feel like since yesterday, I can really feel it. Not just when he hits me, but the entire day. Like electricity is in my blood, cycling through my body with every heartbeat. Winter is coming, and it’s getting a lot colder. But I feel like my body itself is heating up. I’m even cuddling with Mister Mittens to give him warmth. Maybe it’s time to try exercising using this electricity. It feels like it could give me energy. A pushup. Let my body down. Push myself up. Down. Up. Down. Now, feel it. Feel it flowing into my hands. Feel it flowing into my palms. And push.

Whirr.

That.. was kind of underwhelming. I think I saw a spark, but it didn’t give me any power whatsoever. But.. it’s possible. I’m able to use this electricty as well. And for some reason, I know it’s not his, it’s mine. This is my… power. I guess I’ll just have to try again. Whirr. Whirr. Whirr. Whirr…

Meow.

Oh, I must have fallen asleep. I might have overdone it when trying to use that electricity over and over. Even though it actually does boost me a little, it feels like that’s not where my limit is. I feel like I’m barely using a finger, but the rest of my body is paralyzed. Damn, that thing is huge!

“Mi-ister Mit-mittens, what d-do you ha-have there? I-Is that a r-rat?”

He’s really grown since I’ve met him. And while he looks dirty, he’s gained some weight, and the missing fur on his back even grew back! If he were clean, he’d probably be orange, but he looks more greyish-brown right now. I would wash you, but I don’t really have that much clean water.

Meow.

“I-It’s fine, you n-need to g-g-grow now.”

I’ve got different food as well. They might look and taste disgusting, but since there’s so many, the cockroaches give me a lot of energy. Crunch. I don’t think I will ever get used to the taste, though. Now that I think about it, I think they even give me a bit of my other energy back, like they’re restoring the little electricity I used earlier. Crunch. See, there you go. So seeing me eat has made you hungry? I think we’re both growing stronger right now, together. Come here, you can eat later. Purrr. Purrr. Purrr. I’m already feeling kind of sleepy again. It looks like night has already come.

Creek.

“Training time, boy!”

That voice of yours is really starting to annoy me, you know that?

Thud. Thud. Thud.

“What’s with that expression of yours? I’ve noticed the last few weeks already, but you seem to care about this less and less!”

Thud.

“You should be terrified of me, not bored!”

Just shut up and get this over with. If I’m not enjoying this, why should you?

“It’s kinda annoying. I know what! I might not be supposed to do this, but I’m going to give you extra treatment today! The Chi strike will be extra intense this time, all right? I’ve warned you, so don’t you dare die on me!”

Chi, is that what this electricity is called? His hand is really sparking up a lot stronger than usual. This might not be good.

“Well, not like anyone is going to care if you die.”

THUD. Crash. Cough. Cough. Cough…

Huh, what? Where.. Oh, that’s right. Where else would I be? But that sure was more powerful, he knocked me against the wall. If my body wasn’t able to produce the.. Chi?.. to counter it, the pool of blood in front of me would have probably been my organs. I don’t think I’ll be able to train today. But I countered harder than usual this time too, didn’t I? I kind of get the feel of how more powerful lightning - or Chi - feels like. It’s more rapid. More… violent. If I don’t end up dying today, this might help me to use more than my finger. Maybe even more than my hand. Though it is getting kind of cold…

0