(Arc 1-4)- Keira
890 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The feeling of warm sunlight on my scales met me as I woke up. The contents of the strange dream still fresh in my mind.

As I lazily scanned the room, I noticed that Keira was practically laying on top of me, still sleeping. It was surprisingly comforting but I was also being crushed. After all, I am still very small.

Someone loudly knocking at the door caused Keira to finally get up and grumpily roll off of the bed. She quickly put on some fresh clothes and stoked a small wood oven to prepare it for making some tea.

After another minute or so of preparation, she finally went over to the door and opened it, only to be met with a knife to the chest. Four people rushed into the room, a fifth standing over Keira with a sword to her neck.

“It’s here, grab it and go.” One of the people who barged into the room pointed in my direction. “We should be able to make quite the profit of you.”

{Warning: dangerous situation detected, activating most effective means of self-defense}

Wait, what?

{Warning: activating skill [Null] May have unforeseen side-effects, proceed with caution}

It activated a skill on its own? And what’s [Null]? Side-effects? Wait, is that guy trying to put me into a bag? What the hell is happening!

As the bag touched me, it suddenly ripped into hundreds of tiny peices along with the person holding it, turning the surrounding area red. Windows shattered, the would be abductors became mist, and I could only watch in horror as everything around me was completely obliterated.

{Skill [Null] deactivated}

Suddenly it was quiet, wood no longer tore itself apart, flesh stopped turning to dust, all that was left was a ruined house and a woman with a half disintegrated knife in her chest. Almost everything was painted in a light sheen of red, adding to the horror of the situation. I couldn’t move. I was dumbfounded. That skill. I will never use it again. Not after I have seen what it does.

Keira was mostly unharmed except for the knife in her. It seemed as if the skill avoided damaging her. But, just like myself, she was frozen in horror. Neither of us able to process what just happened. Strangely, I wasn’t disgusted by the gore, it was the level of brutality that scared me. Having the ablility to turn five people into mist in under a minute, that was terrifying.

My mind entered a state of panic and pure instinct. I ran out of the warped door that looked more like a fucked up bench than a door at this point, and took off into the sky. I didn’t exactly have a destination in mind, but I went directly east, where a large stone road left the castle town.

I didn’t look back, and I felt a heavy sense of guilt for it. I didn’t even take the time to see if Keira would live. I just flew away, leaving everything behind. The dream I had suddenly came back to me. It felt like some kind of warning. I was now this… Origin thing. Or Central Origin. It sounded like something that wasn’t supposed to be in this world. And [reincarnated], that skill, im not alive?

So many questions, so… tired. I land and find a nice spot in a ditch to curl up. The mental strain wearing me down and the horrors that I watched. I suddenly felt very depressed and guilty, slowing my thoughts down and exhausting me. Just a little nap, that’s all I need.

34