The beginning of the end Part 4
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poh was kneeling on the ground, blood dripping from a wound on his forehead. He gritted his teeth in frustration as he struggled to stand up, but his body wouldn't obey. He looked around and saw one of his soldiers lying next to him, dead. Tears welled up in his eyes as he whispered, "I'm sorry."

 

He could feel the rumbling of the ground as the statues approached, their stone feet pounding the earth like drums. Poh knew that this was the end for him, and a small smile formed on his face as he thought,  'I never thought I would die a virgin.'

 

But just as the massive stone foot of a statue loomed above him, ready to crush him, Poh heard a whooshing sound and opened his eyes to see a figure he never expected to see again. It was ETO1, dressed in a black suit and wielding a bright blue sword.

 

"ETO1?" Poh muttered in confusion.

 

ETO1 turned to him and said simply, "Rest." 

 

Then he pushed the statue's foot back with a blast of energy, causing it to topple to the ground with a deafening thud. ETO1 wasted no time and disappeared in a flash, moving faster than the eye could see.

 

He plunged his blade into the face of the statue, causing a small explosion of blue light. The statue's once-glowing eyes turned dark, signifying its death. ETO1 turned to the rest of the statues that were approaching, pulling his sword from the first one's face. He charged towards the next statue, his sword held high. 

 

The statue swung its massive stone arm at him. He ducked and dodged, using the statue's slow movement to his advantage. He sliced through its legs, causing the statue to topple over with a crash.

 

‘Two'

 

He quickly moved on to the next one. He jumped over its head and delivered a powerful slash to the back of its neck, causing the head to roll away with a satisfying thud.

 

'Three'

 

He surveyed the remaining statues. They were now wary of ETO1, but he didn't give them a chance to react. He moved like a blur, slicing through another one with ease.

 

'Four'

 

He pulled out his gun, aiming at the fourth statue's face. He fired, and the statue's head was blasted off, rubble raining down on the ground.

 

'Five' 

 

He used the momentum of the fallen statue to boost himself toward the next one. He landed on top of it and delivered a powerful plug onto its head causing its head to explode

 

Poh watched as ETO1 took down the statues one by one, with ease.

 

"Holy shit, he's that strong," muttered the awestruck soldier.

 

"I told you, you don't want to ever mess with him," Poh replied, remembering the fear he felt as he watched ETO1 take down five superhumans all alone. The memory of the begging of the fallen superhumans still lingered in his mind.

 

'If it wasn't for him, I would be dead a long time ago' he thought as the battle continued in front of him.

 

ETO1 stood atop one of the dead statues, surveying the last one standing. It was far bigger than the others, with deep cracks marring its stone surface. Despite its appearance, ETO1 knew better than to underestimate it.

 

He moved to attack but was surprised when his sword didn't cut through. The statue raised its fist and punched ETO1, successfully blasting him off the ceiling above. The statue grinned, relishing in its apparent victory.

 

But ETO1 wasn't done yet. He landed on his feet, his sword still in hand. He stumbled slightly, but quickly regained his footing, his eyes locked onto the giant statue looming over him. The statue let out a crackling laugh, its fists crackling with red bright energy as it prepared to deliver another devastating blow.

 

ETO1 dodged the fist coming toward him, but he didn't expect it to explode upon impact. The blast sent him flying into the wall, but he quickly detached himself and regained his footing. The statue's eyes began to glow, and a laser blast shot through the air, headed straight for ETO1.

 

With quick thinking, ETO1 formed another energy-type sword in his other hand and formed the two swords in an X formation to block the beam. The bright blue and red energy clashed, creating a blinding flash of light as the two forces battled for dominance.

 

ETO1 takes a step back and then he pushed through the beam with a dash toward the statue's face. The impact sent the statue crashing back against the wall, causing cracks to form. But the statue regained its posture, ready for it's next attack.

 

Time seemed to have stopped as both opponents faced each other. Both had one goal in mind: to kill the other.

 

ETO1 disappeared and reappeared, slicing through the statue's body with lightning speed. The statue tried to hit him, but ETO1 was too fast, darting in and out of reach. Suddenly, ETO1 was seen high up in the air, his sword erupting into a blinding bright light. He then unleashed a powerful downward slash toward it.

 

The statue tried to dodge but failed miserably as it felt its body sliced in half. Its half-torn body fell to the ground, dust, and debris flying everywhere.

 

'Twelve'

 

Poh watched as ETO1 walked towards him, and stood in front of him. ETO1 held out his hand, and Poh smiled as he took it, feeling his bones crack for a moment. ‘Ouch’

 

“Was I late?” asked ETO1.

 

Poh shook his head, “If you were then all of us would be dead by now.”

 

ETO1's eyes scanned the dead soldiers and the wounded ones. “I understand your point,” he said.

 

“By the way, did Ghun offer you a deal with this?” asked Poh.

 

“....”

 

“He did,  didn't he?”

 

“...” ETO1 said nothing as he helped Poh. His arms over his shoulder

 

“..You can tell me, I won't be mad” assured Poh, ETO1 hesitated for a moment before admitting,  “He did”

 

“How much?”

 

“Huge amount”

 

“..and how much exactly is the huge amount?”

 

“I don’t know"

 

'This guy....' Pog could feel his eyebrows twitch at the moment. Seriously he still found it hard to believe that this guy was so strong, to begin with. The first time he met him was during his twelfth mission. He was told by his superior that he would be recommended a hunter to help  He was naturally taken aback by it, but that didn't help them to proceed with it

 

Then he thought back to a conversation he had with ETO1 earlier, he remembered something ETO1 had said about being careful around the statues.

 

"Wait, about what happened back then," Pog asked, "You said to me a while ago to be careful around the statues. Did you know they were alive in the first place?"

 

"I...had my suspicions," ETO1 replied.

 

"But why didn't they attack you while you were in there alone?" Pog pressed on, to which ETO1 replied, "I don't know."

 

As always, ETO1's expression was unreadable well due to the mask of course but still, Poh could sense that there was more to the story. He knew that ETO1 was a man of few words, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to him.

Fight scenes are sure hard to write:/

0