We’ll Meet Again
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In our main story tonight. The women kidnapped from Hitchen over the past week have finally been found and are safe in police custody. Local authorities have also ascertained that the kidnapper was also behind the recent spate of murders in the area, the perpetrator of which has been named as twenty seven year old Bruce Allen of Hitchen. While the kidnapped women are now safe and receiving medical treatment, police have released more information regarding Allen, who we are now told was discovered to have died by suicide at a location just outside of Hitchen.’

I woke to the sound of the news on telly, I was pretty confused and out of it actually. I was in my own bed at Arne’s mansion, with Domino curled up asleep on my belly. I had the driest mouth though, so after a bit of a stretch I propped myself up on my pillows; disturbing Domino from his sleep. He also stretched a little then made his way over to my hand where he nudged his head a few times against my fingers, signalling he wanted a head scratch. I obliged as I sat up a bit further, reaching over to my bedside table where there was a big unopened bottle of water waiting for me. I practically tipped it down my neck, savouring the coolness as it quenched my thirst and also took away some of the rank taste I had in my mouth.

Domino had continued padding around on my duvet right where my belly was, deciding he was starting a shift at the bakery; he kneaded the duvet rhythmically for a few minutes before he decided to take a nap again. He did open an eye when the door to me room opened and Duncan stepped through.

‘Hey, you’re finally awake.’ Duncan said as he walked round to my side of the bed with a big cup of tea in his hand. He placed it down on the side table and carefully sat on the bed next to me, scratching Domino’s head a little before he took my right hand; giving it a gentle squeeze.

‘Hey. Um, how long have I been out?’ I figured this would be a good question to ask seeing as Duncan had said I was “finally” awake.

‘About two days.’

I nearly lurched forward at the mention of this. Where were my friends? Where was my Auntie Morrigan and just exactly what in the name of all that’s fucking holy has happened?

‘Feel up to walking? I can take you to go see your Aunt if you want? She’s probably better off explaining everything to you.’ Said Duncan. He let go of my hand and grabbed my fluffy bathrobe from the back of the bathroom door, helping me put it on then holding my hand as he walked me down the hallway to where my Aunt was. Duncan tapped on the door a few times before opening it and guiding me in. Dominio, still kitten sized but with slightly longer legs didn’t struggle so much now when he followed me about. He even made short work of clambering up on to Auntie M’s bed where he sat beside Duke, saying “auntie’s birfday!”

Auntie Morrigan was sat bolt upright in bed with one of those odd little table things that went over your legs for when you had breakfast in bed or something. Except there wasn’t anything remotely breakfast looking on it, just a huge mug of tea and what looked like a birthday cake that could serve at least twenty five people.

Oh shit I forgot, it was her birthday.

‘Ah Auntie M I bloody forgot!’ I exclaimed as I slapped my forehead. ‘Hang on I got you something ages ago it’s in my room.’ I said as I turned to leave.

‘It’s okay I’ll go get it.’ Duncan said. He left to go get the present and birthday card I had hidden in a gift bag under my bed, returning a few moments later. I took the bag off him and gave it to my Aunt, giving her a gentle hug.

‘Happy birthday Auntie M. I hope you like it.’

She smiled at me with the slightest smear of cake icing in the corner of her mouth, licking it away as she opened the card and bag. She pulled a smallish black box out of the bag and opened it up, revealing a thick, chunky silver ring with a large round turquoise stone set in it. I found it in an antique shop not long ago and was instantly drawn to it. The ring itself had a good vibe emitting from it and I just knew it would be something my Aunt would love.

‘Oh Maddie it’s gorgeous, I can’t accept this it’s too much.’ She said to me. I shook my head at her.

‘Auntie M it’s yours. You’ve done so much for me lately and I really didn’t know what to get you. But this seemed perfect for you and I just wanted to get you a nice present for your birthday.’

My Aunt looked properly choked up so she quickly grabbed me with her arm and tugged me in to a hug again, giving me a quick kiss on the side of the head.

‘You shouldn’t have Maddie, but I’ll cherish this.’ She carefully let me go and eagerly slid the ring on to the middle finger of her right hand, admiring it for a little while before she turned and cut a huge slab of the birthday cake, sliding the slice in my direction.

‘Bit early for cake isn’t it?’ I said, eyeing the wedge of iced sponge cake. It did look good actually.

‘It’s never too early for cake.’ Auntie M replied as she dove in for another slice. She must have got through a quarter of the cake by herself already.

‘Ah well if you insist.’ I picked the slice up and took a huge bite, it tasted as good as it looked. Cake for breakfast was awesome.

I went back to bed shortly after visiting my Aunt in her room. She needed to rest too, so much so she was actually falling asleep with a piece of cake clamped in her fingers. Arne sorted her out and made her comfortable so she went back to sleep near instantly, with Duke by her side keeping watch. I got comfortable in bed again with my own little friend Domino keeping me company. I dozed in and out of sleep over throughout the day until around tea time, when Duncan came to fetch me downstairs in to the kitchen.

Arne had brought my Aunt downstairs and sat her at the table, which she was sort of propping herself up at; pouring cups of tea down her throat. Arne and Duncan had made us both a massive roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings; mashed potatoes, carrots, sage and onion stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and loads of gravy. We had the rest of my Aunts cake for desert along with two big pots of hot tea between us. Arne and Duncan were happy to see us up and eating the usual metric ton of food, that always meant we were on the mend after using that much energy. Arne had even kindly gave our cats a bit of a chicken dinner too. Duke didn’t really speak that much, especially when he was eating, but I could hear Domino enjoying his dinner, mentioning how he really liked the gravy as he cleaned his mouth with his paw. It was super cute.

My thoughts then turned to my friends. I felt bad after realising that it was only now that I had remembered them. In my defence though I had been passed out for a few days and wasn’t completely feeling my best, but I still felt like I was a shit friend now. I asked my Aunt what was happening just as Arne and Duncan were clearing the table and sorting all the dishes out.

‘Auntie M, what happened to Katie and Victoria? And Francesca and all the other women too?’

‘Ah yes I forgot to mention. They are all okay like the reports on the news have said. The Council of Covens came out and took them all away for a little while just to assess them and do what they needed to do.’

‘Which was?’

‘Erase their memories of Baal and us, of course. They probably would’ve been given false memories.’

‘Did Katie and Victoria, get false memories?’ I asked cautiously. I knew that because they were my friends and they knew my Aunt well that there may have been some other option for them, but Auntie M said that it was ultimately their choice. They could either chose to forget everything and believe that they had been kidnapped and held captive by Bruce, only to see himself commit suicide for some reason; or they could remember absolutely everything along with witnessing my body being driven by one of my Aunts who just so happened to be dead and my other living Aunt, having a full on magic fight with a demon who was halfway out of a swirling hole in the floor. To be honest, if I were in my friends shoes; I wouldn’t know which to pick. But them knowing everything did mean they would probably be in a bit more danger than usual now. I guessed this is why the Council did what they did.

‘Oh Christ what do I do now Auntie M?’ I said feeling quite exasperated. The thought also occurred that what if they did decided to forget what they saw and just end up believing they were kidnapped? I mean, what kind of friends would they be if they willing chose not to know who you actually are as a person? I shook the thought out of my head, it was beginning to hurt now.

‘You just gotta take it all how it comes. I can’t really say anything else. Katie and Victoria have chosen what they wanted to do and that’s it. You’ll just have to wait till you see them next.’

‘I suppose.’ I huffed slightly, I was quite on edge now and my Aunt sensed it.

‘Aw c’mon kiddo.’ She said as she threw an arm around me and gave me a squeeze. ‘It’s a lot for humans to take in, don’t hold it against them.’

I sighed heavily.

‘You’re right. Seeing as you put it that way, I guess I wouldn’t want to know the monster under my bed was real.’

‘Good girl.’ Auntie M squeezed me again and grinned. ‘Now come on, let’s go watch a film or something and fall asleep on some hot vampires. We deserve, a fucking massive rest after all that.’

THE END

 

 

 


 

 

Hey there folks!

So this is the first Coven novel finished! I think anyway. Well, I have some serious editing to do but this is the novel in it's raw state. I need to go through, so some spelling and grammar checks, trim some of the fat that doesn't need to be there and go through checking for any inconsistencies and the like. I'm gonna make sure its all ship shape and Bristol fashion.

So thank you to everyone who's kept up with Coven up to now. Honestly you guys fucking rock. I know there's only been a few of you who have made yourself known but I greatly appreciate all the comments and little chats we've had. Honestly moments like that really brighten my day and if I've managed to brighten yours with my scribblings; then it's all worthwhile and I've done my job. :) I've even had a few saves on the old MFC Spotify playlist too!

Please stay tuned for a bonus prologue chapter soon. I'll get that out once I start editing, so keep an eye out. And if you can't wait for that, or if you especially can't wait for Coven part 2; please go and check out my other WIP novel; Living in the Fray. It's a different genre to Coven, but it's still good fun. :) It also has it's own listen along music playlist too, I'll make sure to link it.

Many thanks everyone, I love you all. xxx

Blessed Be.

-Georgie 

0