Prologue
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I want to sleep forever. My legs were so shaky I could barely walk, but I had to keep walking. How did I let that guy get away? He was already in my grasp, the job was done and yet I still somehow fucked it up. I'm a fucking idiot. Ahhhh that smell, I must be getting close now.

I lifted my head to look at my home city, soon-to-be prison. The first thing one notices when gazing upon this city are the many towers of scrap. They were all covered in bright neon signs, tubes, and chimneys that filled the sky with colorful smoke of grayish-green, purple, and red. Looking from afar, this city looked like a glowing safe haven. An oasis giving hope to lost travelers of the great desert.

Only when they got closer do they start to notice the spikes, and their hope turns to terror. Decorating the spikes were some of the victims of the day. All of them were full of scars, most of them screaming and the rest failing to, choking on their blood. Lucky bastards. As I got to the gate the towers loomed above me blocking the light of the moon.

I lifted my banner and the guards opened the gate. They must be thinking "oh look at that loser M2, not even one of his raiding group buddies stayed by his side". Rust, that coward. If he stayed the punishment would have been split between us, now I have to bear the responsibility alone.

I stepped inside with shaky steps looking up at the big intimidating sign stating "Heaven". At first one might think the name is ironic. Well, it is heaven for some even if it is hell for most. It's not going to be heaven for me now that's for sure. Random raiders in spiked crimson armor laughed as they went past me. They must have thought they could replace me in my high position and do much better. From below it looks like the high and mighty are having it easy. No, the higher you get the more work and responsibilities you have. I should have never climbed so high, the fall from here will break my bones.

Even some of the slaves looked at me with pity in their eyes. I closed my eyes, letting my ears and nose guide me. I could hear screams of pain and pleasure as I got close to the Tower of God. The smell of sweat and blood was strong in the air. I must be close to the torture rooms.

As I ascended the stairs my punishment got closer and closer. My legs were telling me to run, but I knew there was no escape. Even if I ran as fast as I can, they would have caught me eventually and the punishment would have just got worse. Even if I managed to somehow evade them, now that I am inside the city there is truly no escape.

There are only two ways to get into Heaven. One is a very specific tunnel deep inside the dungeons beneath the city. The other is to get lost in the great desert for enough time. Once you're in the vicinity of the city you're trapped. No matter in which direction or how far you get away from the city, you will eventually find yourself going towards it again. The only way to get out is through the heavily guarded tunnel. One of the wonders, or maybe horrors? of this broken world. Twisted little flowers using the body of the Old God as fertilizer.

I felt pure fear, like how I felt when my cruel father used to order me to touch burning hot metal as punishment so long ago. "You have to punish yourself, it is your responsibility," he used to say coldly. I spit on your grave old man, even in death you terrorize me. I looked at my hands, they were completely covered in old burn marks. No, I conquered that fear that is proof of that. I will take this punishment with pride, and conquer this fear as well.

I am here. The guards opened the door and I went into the Chamber of God with hesitant steps. The Chamber of God was a circular room. The walls were covered from top to bottom in scenes of debauchery and torture. In the middle of the room sat a massive throne, mainly made out of cages. Inside them were God's favorite slaves, they were forbidden to utter any sound and their tongues are removed. Atop the pile of cages, there was a big mouth made out of black stone and shiny silver for the teeth. The mouth was open so wide, it looked like someone broke its jaw. A big tongue served as stairs and the seat of the throne.

Looking straight at me from his mad throne, God seemed filled with silent rage. He was wearing beautiful clothes colored black, white and a little bit of crimson. Atop his head, slightly obscured by his red hair, sat a black crown decorated with silver teeth. His eyes were many different colors at once, shifting and changing slowly from one color to the next. God's face always looked angry or disappointed, now it looked so even more than usual. I crumbled to the floor, yet still maintained eye contact with God. I couldn't pull away from his gaze, like prey hypnotized by maddening Beauty attached to a predator who will swallow him whole.

"You failed to capture the immortal didn't you?" God said in a disappointed tone.

With no excuses to shield me, I quietly nodded my head.

"I'm furious, although you don't deserve my anger." God lifted his head "7 GET IN HERE!"

Out of nowhere a muscular goblin-looking man wearing nothing but an old helmet suddenly appeared "M7 reporting for duty sir" said the man, proudly saluting God.

"For serving me well I shall reward you with ten lashes." With quick elegant movements God swiped his whip hitting M7 10 times. M7 received every lash with a face of pure pleasure.

"Thank you, master." With a big smile on his face, M7 disappeared as suddenly as he appeared.

God turned his attention to me. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, I will not be shown the same kindness.

"As for you, I'm thinking hmmmmm 2? No, make it 3 months in The Chamber of Boredom."

No no No nO, aNytHiNg bUt thAt. Wait wait, the boss might just want to scare me a little bit. I am M2 after all. H-he he needs me, right?! Stand in front of this fear and see that it can't break you! Overcome this father as you did your original one! I tried to stand up and face God with pride. But couldn't move, the fear was too paralyzing.

"CORPSE, take him away!" ordered God.

At the left of God's throne seated a coffin labeled "Happy Place". The coffin slowly opened, ominous smoke slowly dispersing out of it. Corpse slowly came out of the smoke, a tall tired looking guy with disheveled black hair and two cigarettes in his mouth. That degenerate, feels no pain, has no desire to give it to others. He is the death of passion, the death of my passion now. HoW dArE hE pUniSHeS soMeOnE liKe ME?! Relax! "May the Queen of Maggots infest your soul."

Calm down, getting angry won't save me now. I really fucked up this time, didn't I? He picked me up without any effort. It's hard to believe how strong he was with how skinny his arms looked. I did not stagger, there was no point to it. I was already doomed.

On the way to my new home, we went through the torture chambers. What I wouldn't give to switch places with the victims inside. I want to feel the kiss of a knife on my skin or the burning passion of boiling oil. Most of them don't know how lucky they are to receive this pain, beautiful Pain. I was hard just thinking about it.

We are here, the dreaded Chamber of Boredom. Corpse the painless put a restraining jacket on me. He placed me gently in the middle of the padded room and closes the door. I cannot escape myself now. My thought started to run wild, regrets, shame, crushing loneliness. With no distractions, it all bubbled up. With no hope, I started screaming, way harder than any victim in the torture rooms.

_____________________________________________

Even though the Chamber of Boredom was quite far I could still hear his screams. Was I too cruel? No, I have to be ruthless. A ruler can rule with fear, loyalty, or a combination of both. As most of my followers are not the loyal type, I have to rule by fear. His screams will be a threat to the others. It was quite tedious but I had to keep up the appearance that I'm enjoying it. Remember it's all for her, it's worth it.

"Angel! put a bounty on this so-called eight the infinite!" I ordered.

From the left of my throne, Angel stood up from her seat. Her chair had to be the most uncomfortable chair in the great wasteland. No matter how you sat on it, it will cut you in at least 10 different places on your body. Angel looked at me with her usual warm smile.

"At once my love, but what shall the reward be?" asked Angel.

Even with the many scars on her face and body, Angel still looked beautiful and innocent. With her long white hair and golden eyes, she truly did look angelic. Yet looks can be deceiving and behind these sheep's clothing hid the hungriest wolf.

"Anyone who brings me this immortal can have one wish granted by me," I declared.

Angel nodded her head in understanding and left the throne room.

A man who cannot die though still feels pain, the perfect victim. With that said, he managed to defeat one of my most competent gangs. He must be quite a formidable man. No matter, I will eventually catch him, even if it will take me years.

2