Kiss One
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Warrant Officer Third Class, Nagisa Sakuragi of Class F, reporting!” Nagisa exclaimed, saluting Colonel Neuer.

Neuer returned Nagisa’s salute before speaking, “How may I help you, Miss Sakuragi?” She asked.

"I was wondering if you know anything about Lieutenant Amane Hanazono?” Nagisa asked, “I just wanna know more,”

Colonel Neuer heaved a sigh, “Lieutenant Hanazono, huh? What a troublemaker she is…” Neuer murmured.

“What was that, Professor?” Nagisa inquired.

“Lieutenant Hanazono is nothing but trouble, I would stay away from her if I were you, Miss Sakuragi,” Neuer said, “She doesn’t do her classwork, she doesn’t do her homework, she flirts nonstop with all her female classmates, and she causes trouble for all of the teachers,”

“O-oh! Is that so?” Nagisa said, “I-I see! That’s how it is! Well, thank you Professor!” She exclaimed, giving another salute, and promptly twirling on her heel and walking off.

 

“And then she says that, like I dunno what to think now!” Nagisa sighed, “School is tiring, I’m tired, I wanna go home,”

Lilliane giggled, “I get that, school isn’t really my thing either,” Lilliane rested her head on her desk, leaning against her arm, “Sometimes I just wanna go to sleep for all of eternity,”

Nagisa laughed along with Lilliane, “But yeah- I didn’t get the feeling that she was a troublemaker or anything like that, so I was pretty surprised!”

“Well, to be fair Nagisa, you don’t come off as an ‘excellent judge of character’ to me,” Lilliane remarked, “So she very well might be,”

Nagisa took a sip from her milk carton, “Mmm, I’unno about that one,” She said, “I mean- she’s really nice to me, and I mean- I guessed what you were like pretty easily,”

“And maybe I’m a serial killer!” Lilliane exclaimed, lurching over to Nagisa quickly before pulling away and giggling to herself, “Just kidding,”

Nagisa recoiled, but quickly started giggling along with Lilliane, “Haha, what a funny joke, Lilly,” She said, “But really- I think I am a good judge of character!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Lilliane replied, “Anyway- You ready for the mock battle next month?” She asked.

“I’ve been through a bunch of training scenarios and stuff in the Nursing Corps, so I think I’ll be fine!” Nagisa replied.

“Right… Forgot you were in the actual army before this…” Lilliane murmured, “Since you were in the actual army, I bet you know what makes a good officer, don’t’cha!”

“Mhm! I think I have a good idea of what a good officer is like! Had some bad officers in the Nursing Corps and had some good ones!” Nagisa exclaimed.

“How great of an officer do you think Professor Fehr is?” Lilliane asked, “From all your experience, how is she?”

“Oh! I like her! She knows exactly what she needs to do at all times! Plus, she listens to others really well! I think she’s great!”

Right as Nagisa finished her sentence, someone else entered the room. Both Lilliane and Nagisa instantly stood and gave a salute to the newcomer.

“Warrant Officer Third Class, Nagisa Sakuragi, reporting!” Nagisa exclaimed.

“Warrant Officer Fourth Class, Lilliane Allan, reporting!” Lilliane exclaimed just after Nagisa.

The newcomer returned their salutes, “As you were,” She said, “Have either of you seen Professor Fehr?” She asked.

“No, ma’am!” Nagisa said, “But the last I heard, she was back down by the garden!”

“Thank you, Warrant,” The woman said before turning on her heel, “And be sure to be on time for class,” She added, promptly walking out of the room, making sure to close the door behind her.

“Who was that, Nagisa?” Lilliane asked.

“I’m glad you asked, Lilly! I took notes on everyone’s introductions! That was Warrant Officer First Class Amber D’anjou!” Nagisa beamed, “She’s so cool! I bet she’ll be chosen as the Class’ Squad Leader!”

“I’m not so sure about that,” Lilliane replied, “From what I’ve seen, there aren’t too many people here with a real military background… Some people from military families, but you’re the only one in the class with actual experience in the army,”

“Whaddya mean?” Nagisa inquired, “I don’t think that really means much, Warrant Officer D’anjou comes off pretty confident and collected anyway- plus her exam scores were clearly pretty good since she came in as a Warrant Officer First Class,”

“That’s not my point, Nagisa, my point is, you’re the one with the most experience at the moment, you’re the most qualified,” Lilliane explained.

“Ehhh? No no no, I wouldn’t even be considered for the position!” Nagisa replied, “There’s no way!”

Lilliane shrugged, “Eh, say what you will, that’s just what I think,” She said, then taking a sip of her drink.

After a few moments, the door slid open again, and once again, Nagisa and Lilliane instantly stood and saluted to the newcomer.

“Warrant Officer First Class Nagi- Ah! Lieutenant Hanazono!” Nagisa chirped, “Hello, ma’am!”

“Nagi-ah? Never heard of her, why don’t you try again?” Hanazono teased, “I’m just kidding, of course,” She said, giving a half-hearted salute back to the two.

“What’s the topic of today?” Hanazono asked, “I’ve just been wandering around, so I’m a bit bored,”

“Oh, I was just telling Nagisa how well she’d do as the Class Squad Leader!” Lilliane giggled, “Seriously, she’d do great!”

Hanazono thought for a moment, staring at Nagisa up and down before speaking again, “I agree, my Squad Leader was actually quite like Nagisa back when she first entered the Academy, plus- Nagisa has previous experience, she’d do great,”

“Right? That’s what I was saying!” Lilliane exclaimed, “Nagisa just doesn’t believe she’d do well! That’s why I’m trying to get her to send in her application!”

“Mm, I think you should do it, I’ll even write up a recommendation letter for you,” Hanazono said, “I don’t have any problem with it,”

“Oh! No no no! I don’t think I could do that- besides, I think it’s too early for that, I’m only a first year! Squad leaders are picked in second year!”

“Just gives you a year to think about it,” Hanazono said, “Regardless, I don’t want to intrude for too long, I’ll see you around, Nagisa,” Hanazono walked off before stopping for a moment, “Oh, and you too, Lilliane,”

As Hanazono finally left, Nagisa slumped back into her seat and heaved a sigh, “It’s always so nerve-wracking talking to her,” 

“Ohh? You got a little crush on her?” Lilliane teased, “I mean, I’m fine with whoever you wanna date, Nagisa!”

“E-what?! No, no, no! I only met her the other day, I don’t think I could really say I have a crush after such a short amount of time! Besides- she’s also a girl!” Nagisa exclaimed.

“Well you know some Empresses have had wives- so I think we’re past any cultural things like that around here,” Lilliane commented.

“Really?!” Nagisa said perplexed, “I didn’t know that!”

“You are Ikarian, aren’t you? I’m surprised you haven’t learned any of that in class? Especially the fact that that’s been pretty normal since ancient times?”

Nagisa giggled, “I guess history hasn’t been my strongest subject- I’m better at maths and science,”

“Jeez, do I need to educate you on everything?” Lilliane half-joked, “You’re so smart but so uneducated in so many things…”

“Hey- I’m the first daughter of an Imperial Officer! I have to get married at some point!” Nagisa said.

Lilliane looked genuinely puzzled at Nagisa’s comment, “Where have you been all your life? Women can get married to other women… It’s been a thing since before Ikaria was founded?”

“What?!” Nagisa squeaked, “I didn’t know that! That’s not a big thing where I’m from…”

“Jeez…” Lilliane murmured, “Anyway… Nagisa, you were in the Women’s Nursing Corps, right?”

“Yep! I made it to Grenadier- though I did skip over a few of the Rifleman ranks!” Nagisa replied, “I had a lot of fun!”

“Oooh, I see! That’s really impressive!” Lilliane commented.

Nagisa took another sip of her milk carton, “Yeah- Actually, one of my friends had told me to apply here! He said I’d do great! I like all my classes… Except for history and any of the arts classes, I was always really bad at them…”

“Ah-” Lilliane started, “Look at the time, it’s time to head back,” She said, extending a hand to Nagisa, “Come on, let’s get going,”

0