Chapter 35 – More free attributes coming in …
316 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---Day 34---

11:34 AM

Akira and Hina were soaking in the tub. Hina was resting her head on Akira's shoulder and was probably asleep. Akira looked at her okasa with a proud and loving expression. This mad sprint last night wouldn't be possible without her aid. Of course Foxx, Mira and Kornelius made great contribution. It was a team effort. A person alone can hardly win a battle not mention a war.

She recounted the last events in her mind...

After clearing the Hive mind's room from the guardian demons, Akira took a reel of metal chains and the bolt cutter from the truck. Then she returned to the hall with the cocoons. Hina stood halfway  near the cross-road as it was risky for her to approach the hive mind.

Then the long and exhausting work started. Akira piled 5 cocoons together. Bound them with the metal chains making 3 meters ball of cocoon. Then using her inhuman strength she dragged the pile to Hina passing it to her. When Akira was preparing the next pile Hina moved her part to the truck parked 150 meters away.

---- Hive mind POV----

The hive mind wasn't happy. It shot whatever mind attacks it was able to produce, but with a zero effect on the stealing rat who was taking its precious larvae. Then the hive mind cast few low level curses. The stealing rat stopped startled for a moment until a horrible blue light erupted. Soon after the rat continued to drag away the precious larvae which the hive mind was entitled to protect. It cried, it was angry, it was mad. It called and called the demon guardians nearby for help, but strangely not a single one reported in, as the entire hive area was empty!

Finally the stealing rat left. It took all the larvae away. The Hive mind needed to start again from scratch. It will gather new larvae, hatch them, re-populate the guardians. It will take some time...


More than 20 cocoons were loaded into the truck. The truck's storage compartment was full to the brim with demons.

"What a disgusting and stinky job, I need a shower or I will go mad" Akira

"Let's go home Akira, Okasa will prepare us a nice aroma bath to get rid of that stench!" Hina said and started the engine.

In 1 hour they arrived safely at home. Hina parked the truck in the garage and Akira opened the metal hatch of the garage floor which led directly to the basement. They dumped the cargo down without much care for the demon's well being.

Using her new "master" level "identify" Akira sorted and tagged the cocoons for their order in the line of the consume grind streak

Identify:

[wasp demon lvl 24 -/evolving 23%/ insect type; description: ....]

[stone centipede demon lvl 24 -/evolving 68%/ insect type; description: ....]

[identify (master) : reveals enemy level up to 100 levels above the user's. Reveal additional information about enemy's condition, race, health and many more. Master level of identify can be blocked or deceived by several demon and mortal's skills and spells. Spell cast time- instant; Cool down 5 seconds; Mana cost 30 mana;]


Hina woke up, and got out from the tub. She put a towel on herself and over her head.

Akira stood up from the bath and grabbed a glass of fruit juice with some melting ice cubes. She sucked the straw and moaned in delight.

"Dear, I am going to prepare a quick lunch and we can go to sleep. I feel exhausted" Hina

"What are you cooking Okasa" Akira

"I am thinking about Kamameshi. It will be ready soon, so you make sure to come downstairs in a hour" Hina

"Oooh, Kamameshi," Akira drooled

Hina smiled.

"oh you little glutton".. and left laughing loud...

Akira got out of the bath and took a towel. She moved to the bathroom door where was the mirror and started to dry her self.

----Mira POV----

Mira fell asleep once Akira and Hina started to collect those larvae and the situation was very much resolved. She was  dead tired and she succumbed to exhaustion in her comfortable bed in the"paradise prime" luxurious inn. For the first time, for almost a month there were no ghosts chasing her, no horrible demons eating her beloved.

She dreamed about victory and joy...

Mira was standing in her best attires on a ramp at the Hero's plaza at the capital  Sopura. Thousands of people were there on the streets, cheering, waving and crying out joy.

Her grandpa - the King, put his hand on her shoulder and said:

"We did it Mira, we won! She did it!" King Arthur, her beloved grandfather pointed at the marching legions parading on the streets. There were smiles everywhere. The people throwing flowers, had tears - tears of joy, the marching troops are smiling back, waving, and leading the parade was HER.

She was waving the crowd as well and had the most beautiful smile Mira has ever seen.

"Why don't you go and greet your fiancee Mira?" said aunt Foxx and pushed Mira forward...

The crowds cheering faded, the time seemed to slow down as Mira Leonheart, the princes of Sopura kingdom walked down the VIP ramp to greet the victorious troops.

The hero, the savior of the kingdom, Her savior, turned her gaze at her waved and smiled. She was beautiful, gorgeous and she was...."

Mira woke up in a jolt.

"Oh had I fallen asleep?.. oh only 2 hours has passed" Mira checked the clock. Her heart was still raging in her chest.

Ba-DUM, Ba- Dum...

"Gotta check Akira and Hina " Mira thought and activated the monitor link

Hina was obviously asleep. She looked trough Akira's eyes. Akira was in a bath soaking, resting. She looked so calm and composed after such a horrible night full of nightmarish demon encounters. 

"How can Ms Ryu be so brave!? What a strong willpower" Mira thought

"She is special" Mira thought

Soon Mrs Ryu left the bathroom and Akira stood up and moved in front of the full body size mirror mounted  on the bathroom door ... Naked

Mira was watching the body mirror image trough Akira's eyes. It was like Akira herself was standing in front of her.. naked and beautiful!

Mira gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

She watched the girl drying her hair with a towel and humming some melody.

Mira felt horrible for spying Akira's privacy via military designated system. Yet she couldn't move her gaze from those beautiful green eyes. So deep and fierce as it was a fire raging,  and in the same time caring, kind dependable. Mesmerising, hypnotising, marvellous..... Mira forgot to breath...


----Akira POV---

"That is what I call a relaxing time after a hard work well done" Akira 

"We hit the jackpot last night" Thought Akira

And according to Foxx the hive will be repopulated in a month or two. That is why she left he hive mind alive. She needed the dungeon to reset.

Akira grinned in delight of her own brilliant mind:

"I am that smart hehehe!" 

[Mission 1 ( repeat)  480/1000]

"If we exorcise all of those demons in the basement, the mission will be completed and okasa will get that bloody map" 

Akira fiddled with her map settings

"Outstanding, now I have got the map...what else is there ? A 4th dimension inventory?? fufufu it will be so cool"

Akira went to her room and put some comfortable summer clothes and dashed downstairs to the kitchen dragging Hoshi with her left hand.

"Aahahah, your hound's nose brought you here so fast. I didn't even need to call you. What are you? A pig-dragon??" Hina was just setting the steaming dishes on the table.

"It smells so good Okasa" Akira dropped Hoshi on the table and sat down

"Hoshi  - out of the dining table Now!" Hina looked stern

"Oops, sorry" Hoshi was put on a chair immediately.

"It is still hot. You will burn yourself" Hina warned the little glutton.

"Don't worry okasa, with this HP regeneration I will be good in no time" Akira put a steaming piece of meat in her mouth

"ouch ouch woof" Akira spit the bite back into her dish

"So where is that great regeneration of yours now huh?" Hina raised her eyebrow

".....Well it still hurts..." Akira

"Tz" Hina said nothing more and filled their glasses with water.

"Meshiagare!"  Hina (bon appetit)

"Itadakimasu" Akira bowed and digged in, this time taking her time to blow off the heat form her picks.

The day passed as they rested, consumed, played games, consumed, relaxed .... Again the grind cycle was resumed fuelled by 696 total shots of consume and potential attribute gains, Akira calculated.

It will take some time to finish them and much less if  the second upgrade of the consume spell a.k.a as dual casting kicks in.

Kornelius, Claudia Foxx and Mira Leonheart departed later that day to Sopura kingdom using a network of World Gates and the next time they talk will be from their home world.

On the next day the first one to get the dual casting of Consume was not Akira, but her mother.

"How is that possible, I have started earlier and we split evenly the consume shots. That is not right!" Akira was very upset

"Hahah, dear you have to admit that Okasa is just that good" Hina teased Akira

Akira face went red with anger and embarrassment. She had to vent it somehow and went to the basement full of those hateful demons. She cried in rage, kicked, smacked and cursed those defenceless cocoons until she was panting out of breath.

Hina was sitting at the door shaking her head. That behaviour was very typical for her daughter. Always so competitive and always striving for the top at everything. The new Akira may have not realised how much of the old one remained inside. Her new daughter was something of a strange mix of two people. Hina decided to accept that fact, and think of it as Akira had suddenly grown up a decade as a person. She didn't want to accept that her daughter had died. She just couldn't handle that fact along with the other terrible things that had happened to her.

Yet with every passing day the primal rage and hate towards those evil beings called demons condensed further deep into her mind and even bones. She will punish them! She will kill them all!

"You! Mind your language young lady, I haven't taught you to speak like those dock workers" Hina

"I am sorry.." Akira lowered her head.

"You better be!" Hina tried to look stern but was mollified by Akira's  pouting face of defeat.

"Oh come here, Okasa will make you feel better" Hina

"Huh what do you have in mind?" Akira looked expectantly

"We will go to a beauty salon!!! Look at your hair, it needs a proper cut. Your eyelashes, your nails. You basically need a total rework" Hina was examining Akira up and down.

"I don't think that will make me feel better Okasa, it actually can make me feel very awkward instead! And why do I need to look good? It won't help much in our fight with the demons! Akira

"Oh consider it as a bonding time of a mother and daughter!" Hina exclaimed happily

"No, I don't want to go!" Akira

"Please!" Hina

"No, it is stupid and not productive!" Akira

"........" Hina

"Are you crying Okasa? Please don't cry" Akira looked surprised..

"I ... I was thinking we can do something different than killing evil creatures together. But.. But you don't want my company, I am so sad" Hina

"Oooh!  Okasa please don't be sad, okasa. I.... I will come with you to the beauty salon" Akira hugged tight her mother.

"So easy"  Hina thought, hugged back her daughter  and grinned.

 

 

11