Chapter 11
361 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, what greeted me was the usual ceiling of my room. I could also see a hand wrapped around me, hugging me.

I looked to my left and saw my mom looking at me with eyes full of warmth.

It seemed like she was greatly worried for me.

She hugged me more tightly and said,

“Don’t worry, your mom is here.”

“Mumm”

I whispered through my still-sleepy mouth, I moved closer to her trying to melt into her embrace. I stayed like that for a while longer, basking in my mother’s warmth.

Honestly speaking, this is a thousand times better than lying on some cold floor, all tied up. I felt like sleeping one more time.

When we were having our mother-and-son movement and I was about to fall asleep, the door to our room slowly opened and my father walked in. He was back to his usual self, hair neatly combed, wearing his glasses, with his usual bright blue eyes and neat appearance. It was the direct opposite of the appearance I had previously seen, the scary look.

He walked closer to the bed, and sat on its other side, caressing my head.

“Sorry for being late, I had some matters to attend to”

He said while gently stroking my head.

I looked at him worriedly and asked,

“Are you all right father?”

It seemed like he was still feeling guilty for me having seen him in that state.

I don’t mind, free brownie points for me.

I roughly understood the situation, my father’s quirk could make him heal his own wounds at a rapid pace, effectively making him, immortal? Something like that. He didn’t tell me because there must be some penalty or something similar making him not want to reveal it to me.

“I’m all right. You don’t have to worry about me.”

.

.

.

He talked with me and mom for a little longer and stood up, preparing to leave.

“I have to attend a funeral, I’ll be leaving.”

Hearing this my mom asked curiously,

“Who died?”

My father answered nonchalantly,

“Our hospital board’s vice chairman.”

‘Vice chairman? isn’t that a big deal.’-I was surprised to see my father’s nonchalant attitude.

My mom did a knowing “oh”

‘Wha, what is happening here?’

“I’ll see you out.” Saying that my mom got up and prepared to leave.

“I’ll ask Kimi to bring lunch to your room, you should rest for a while longer.”

They walked out of the room after kissing me on the forehead.

.

.

 I simply lay on the bed, watching my parents leave.

I started contemplating the vestige of life and death, the profundities of time and space, the mysteries of the universe, how once my dick was on the Guinness book of world records and the librarian asked me to take it out.

Suddenly a slight sense of discomfort crept over me, like an ant crawling over through one’s legs to their balls. It went as it came, so I didn’t heed it any attention.

However, after a moment it came back, but this time that ant was with a million of his soldiers.

It was a feeling like a million ants crawling on one’s body, it was not the pain but the discomfort, that was out of the world.

I Quickly went to the mindscape and asked,

‘What is happening?’

‘What is this sense of discomfort?’

Ciel answered calmly,

[It seems like your quirk is awakening.]

‘What? Didn’t you say it would take like, one more year?’

[I didn’t say it would take one more year, I said it would happen before you’re five.]

‘…’

[Anyway, it seems like your emotional spike the other day forced your body to evolve faster than expected.]

‘Is that bad?’

[From my analysis and the data I’ve gathered, it does not seem dangerous.]

[However, there is a chance you will lose control of your quirk right after you will awaken it.]

‘Why is that?’

[…as you are probably not aware, quirks are not only the mutation of one’s physical body but also the mutation of one’s outer soul, the consciousness part, which is why quirks respond to intense emotions. In your case, your quirk was forced to awaken a little earlier than expected. So, It would take some time for your sub-consciousness to adapt to your quirk.]

[This wouldn’t have happened in normal children’s cases, since their outer consciousness will still be developing and it would be easier for their sub-consciousness to adapt to their quirk. But in your case, your outer consciousness is already solidified with your thirty-plus years of life experiences and memories. So, your subconsciousness will take some time to adapt to your quirk, but it will be more solid than any other brats, effectively giving you more control over your quirk.]

‘…wow!! How do you know all that?’

[You should focus more on the books and things you are reading rather than shoving them in my way.]

‘…’

I never really read any research materials on my own, rather I casually skimmed it over so Ciel could capture it and analyze it herself, so if I had any doubts regarding anything I would simply ask her about it.

I mean, since she is already freeloading in my head, why not make her do the heavy work?

[…you do realize I am understanding your thought in real-time, right?]

‘Oops’

[…]

‘Anyway, did the book have all the information about souls and stuff’-I asked in an obvious way to change the subject, which I’m pretty sure she also noticed.

[No, it would be even weirder if they can analyze souls which only exist in concepts, in humans’ minds that is.]

[I came to that conclusion after carefully examining the evolution you are taking place and the info I gathered from the books and research materials.]

What is this smugness I’m feeling in the air?

‘So, what should I do?’

[You don’t have to do anything, just sit still till the process completes.]

[I’ll manually guide the process after the evolution is comple....]

‘So… why is your sphere body glowing in red light?’-I understood something beyond Ciel’s expectation is going on, and I had the rough Idea of what was going on, but I didn’t jump to any conclusion.

Before long, I was thrown out of my own mindscape.

The discomfort returned, and it was more intense than before.

I started writhing around in the bed, I felt that if I had a thousand arms, I would be using all of them to scratch my back.

I could feel my vision slowly turning red, I could feel my irritation slowly multiplying, and I could feel my blood boiling.

I could literally feel every blood cell in my body, my heart started pumping blood more fiercely, and I could feel my whole body changing. My bones got denser. In my body and soul, something was fundamentally changing. I could feel it throughout my whole existence.

I didn’t resist any of this, I instinctively knew this was something good for me, so, I let everything happen naturally.

.

.

.

.

After a while, everything calmed down. The discomfort in my body slowly vanished, it transformed into a comfortable feeling.

My heartbeat was faster than it used to be, and my vision had a red tint to it.

As I slowly looked to the side of my room while sitting on the bed, I saw my own reflection in the mirror.

My bright blue oceanic pupils have changed into deep red dimly glowing, just like my father’s eye last night. My fangs were already a little longer than your average kid’s, but they grew even longer. Just like a vampire’s.

“…”

Wait…

Vampire?

Just as I made the discovery of the year, I started feeling thirsty. I tried to drink some water from the jug on the table beside my bed but, the thirst didn’t go away.

I had an idea of what is happening but I couldn’t focus on my thought, my thirst grew even worse, and eventually, I had to hold on to my neck. I couldn’t even think properly enough to make a decision.

*Thud*

I fell to the ground; I could feel my vision turning redder than before.

Eventually, as I was writhing on the floor holding my neck with saliva falling from my mouth, I could hear the door opening.

“Young master”

When I looked in that direction, I could see a red figure.

I saw that figure hurriedly rushing towards me. I could only see red; I couldn’t even figure out whose voice it was.

The moment I saw the red figure, my body moved without even my consent.

I jumped in the air and bit down at the figure’s neck.

The thought that passed through my mind before my mind went blank was,

Delicious!!

****

20