Chapter 13
330 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Aito opened his eyes, he saw the same ceiling he’d been seeing for the last few years.

His room was completely dark, even the windows were closed with black blackout curtains not letting a single strand of sunlight in.

His room was lit with dim lights.

‘Man, I should start sleeping sideways!’ – these thoughts passed through his mind as he closed his eyes and entered his mindscape.

Aito didn’t have the same grin on his face that he always had while facing Ciel,

He looked towards the huge blue sphere hovering in his mindscape, but it didn’t have the usual shine nor the golden light shimmering through its surface.

He had repeatedly seen this scene for four years since his quirk awakened.

Ciel was in some kind of slumber, he couldn’t communicate with her.

Four years ago, his quirk awakened. And just like Ciel predicted, his quirk took some time to assimilate into his consciousness. For two days he was unconscious. His parents were worried sick and they took him to the hospital. His father was a doctor but he was not specialized in quirks.

He woke up after two days of unconsciousness. But the Aito who woke up was not the same as before.

His eyes were red blood and glowing like a beautiful ruby. His fair baby-like smooth skin was pale like a sheet of blank paper. His body temperature was cold like a corpse. His smooth silky white hair lost its brilliant radiance.

He didn’t have his usual cute charm.

Since he was unconscious for two full days, they tried giving him some life support mechanisms, but his body seemed to reject them. They couldn’t even stick a tube to his body, since the tube inside his body will disintegrate into his body and his wound will close.

When he woke up on the second day, they tried giving him some liquid food but he vomited his gut out when he swallowed the food.

Taiga was startled, although Taiga couldn’t get any nutrients from normal food, he could eat the food normally without any problem.

So, they tried giving him some human blood to drink, and although his body didn’t reject the blood, his condition didn’t get any better.

After some discussion among the doctors, they tried giving him Kimi’s blood and his condition got slightly better. But his sickly pale complexion still remained and his body started looking like a malnourished kid’s. The doctors didn’t know what to do. They couldn’t even do a proper test because whenever they extracted some blood or some body parts from his body for tests, they would disintegrate into nothingness. And for some unknown reason, they couldn’t do any type of scan on his body.

Furthermore, the time he remained conscious started decreasing, and his parents were worried sick with Okabe brawling her eyes out while sticking to his side. Taiga was full of madness that his healing skill that worked under any circumstances was not working on Aito’s body. His eyes were like a ruby, indicating his anger but, he remained calm. Trying every method and influence he had.

Kimi was in no good condition either, she started cursing herself for her stupid fate and she started believing she had a curse acting on her that prevented any good thing from happening around her.

After the seventh day, he didn’t get any better with even Kimi’s blood and the doctors were losing hope.

His face looked miserable with hollow cheeks and cracked pale skin he was slowly starting to resemble a mummy. Okabe couldn’t bear to witness it and fainted.

And the eighth day Kimi was sitting beside Aito while gently caressing his hair, tears were continuously streaming down her face.

Aito slowly opened his eyes and looked at Kimi his blood-red ruby irises were slowly losing their glow, and Kimi felt a pang in her heart.

Aito tried speaking something but he couldn’t speak. He didn’t utter a single word since he woke up one week ago. He could only open his mouth to intake his food. And after some time, he would simply fall asleep.

Aito’s quirk had already assimilated into his consciousness, and today was the day he woke up with his full consciousness intact.

He slowly raised his arm and brought Kimi’s arm closer to his mouth. His arm was shaking while holding onto Kimi’s arm but Kimi didn’t resist and let him do what he wanted to.

He slowly opened his mouth and bit into Kimi’s arm.

Warm fresh blood started flowing into Aito’s mouth. He gulped it down greedily.

Kimi looked at this with a startled expression. They had already tried to give him fresh blood, but that didn’t do any good.

But when she saw Aito’s body recovering at a rate visible to the naked eye, and his eyes regaining their glow she couldn’t help but be stunned.

After a while, his mummy-like body regained its original weight, but his pale skin complexion and cold body temperature remained. His red ruby-like eyes gained a faint glow to them.

His body grew in size and he looked like a six-year-old child.

Now he looked like a normal six-year-old child at four years old except for his paler-than-normal skin complexion.

Kimi was stunned she sat there like a statue, Aito slowly sat straight in the bed smiled at her, and looked around curiously. Wiping his lips of Kimi’s blood.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak. Kimi hugged him tightly from the side and started crying, she has been crying a lot recently.

Aito who understood the situation slowly patted her back, although he was smaller than her, he still patted her back.

He knew she must be having it hard. So, he slowly said

“It’s all right Kimi I’m okay now, you don’t have to worry.”

Kimi started wailing even more strongly after hearing that.

She thought it would be better after Aito got better, but she was wrong.

Just after she swore to serve Aito wholeheartedly, everything got worse. Her already-shaken mind started experiencing, world-destroying earthquakes.

Once she thought everything was over the situation got a hundred percent worse. She observed Aito’s body undergoing changes, first, she thought it was due to his quirk and her guess was correct.

But he didn’t wake up for two whole days she didn’t know what to do. Then he woke up, but he wasn’t in any better condition. When she saw him puking his gut out her heart was pounding with worry.

Then his body started resembling a malnourished kid and they couldn’t do anything for him she was feeling desperate.

She was the one who recommended giving him her blood, seeing his condition growing better she slit her wrist and fed him blood directly, seeing him get better a bud of hope bloomed in her heart. But it didn’t last long.

His condition started resembling that of a mummy and her blood couldn’t help him anymore.

She observed as the doctors lost their hope and gave up on him.

She observed as his body started resembling a dried corpse.

She had another mental breakdown and all her hope shattered, seeing Okabe’s condition didn’t help her either.

She wanted to be beside him when he took his last breath, so she sat beside him, gently stroking his hair.

And giving her a last ray of hope his eyes opened and his hands moved.

She sat there stunned as his body started recovering while he drank her blood.

A last bud of hope started blooming in her heart. she knew if that bud didn’t bloom completely her mind would shatter and she would become mentally crippled. But she didn’t resist that hope rather she let it take root. She wanted Aito to be alive. She wanted him to show her his gentle smile.

As her hope was getting higher, she saw him slowly getting up and warmly smiling at her. It caused her hope to raise to an extreme degree.

Without thinking anything she hugged him, then she felt him patting her back and saying in a gentle voice,

“It’s all right Kimi I’m okay now, you don’t have to worry.”

It was some simple few words that anyone would have said to her, but in Kimi’s case there was no one to say that to her, she made a lot of friends in her life as a hero but she pushed them all away after the incident, and she always had an aura around her after that incident that made it difficult for people to approach her, so she didn’t have any friends she could talk to even among the maids in the residence she works in. her only true friend was having a similar metal breakdown due to having seen Aito’s condition. So, no one said that to her, and no one tried to console her.

And those words from Aito put the last nail in the coffin.

That bud of hope that took root in her heart slowly fully bloomed taking the shape of a dark red thorny rose and started radiating a brilliant light that can even blind the eyes of abstract entities should they inspect her soul.

 

.

.                                                                                                                                     

.

.

A/N: If you know you know!

I wanted to stretch this chapter for at least three chapters detailing every part and showing everyone’s pov. But I wanted to push this story forward a little, so I decided against that. In a way, I’m just lazy >.<

 

.

.

Thank you for reading the chapter.

 

24